Rank the top 10 coyote states

I think alot may be missing the point about how it was in the old days. I used to go hunting with my Dad here in Kalifornia, and we used to be able to pull over almost anywhere in rural areas and hunt. As the years went by the hunting spots started to diminish. Why was this ? Usually because it was from irresponsible people on the land. People, I didnt use the word "Hunters" although they may have been part of the problem, went onto the land, they tore up fences, left trash, and had killed livestock just because they didnt see anything else to shoot. 4 wheeling was very popular at the time.. People would go off road and tear up a ranchers land, due to the fact that they wanted to drive up next to something and shoot it. Refer back to the word "Irresponsible" thats what ruins it for others. Greed is secondary. TV shows showing Deer, and other Game Preserves that you pay to hunt on. You cant really blame a person for wanting to cash in on the $$'s. If their land and fences are going to be in a state of disheavel after a weekend, then why not charge? Hunting lands are diminishing at a rapid rate, and unless we take the time to educate the up and coming sportsmen, we will have nothing But Poachers in a few years. As a Kid, we always had to do a walkaround of the hunting site, prior to our exit. We usually hauled out twice as much trash as we brought. If we all keep this in mind, and inculcate this into the up and coming shooters.. we may all still be able to find a piece of land to shoot on. These are just my thoughts and opinions.. cus i know... It only takes a few " Bad Ones" to ruin it for alot of good ones..
Im a construction worker and probably not much sharper than a Donut, but lets all try to keep our hunting lands open... JMHO

Quote:
Well Mr Desert Rat (MojaveJ) you're sure welcome to come to Florida and show us just how wonderful a coyote hunter you really are... I imagine you'll leave with your tail tucked between your legs like a few "studly" western dudes have already done... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Coyote hunting can be VERY different in the piney woods of the east and Florida can be especially "challenging". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

$bob$

I may have to all of our land out here is burning up.

MojaveJ,

Sorry to hear that. I've been reading about it on the news and it's crazy.

G'luck and keep yourself and family safe. Your possessions can always be replaced and insurance will help some.

This too shall pass but I know that's little comfort now.

$bob$

+1 you are right about this.its one thing getting a guide.its another having to pay just to hunt something they want to get rid of.deer hunting is big business in tx but most of the time you will find that these guys will let you hunt yotes after deer season is over.most of the big ranches run cattle and trust me they dont like the yotes getting thier calfs.

Back