Predator Xtreme Magazine

I picked up my first copy of the Predator Xtreme Mag. last month and didn't think it was bad. Could it be improved? Ya! But what magazine can't?

The folks at Grand View Media sent me the copy I was missing....got it in the mail yesterday.

I really appreciate it!

Rusty Holt
Midland, TX

Lochi,

I've been working on Stuart something fierce. He's a tough nut to crack.

Don't give up on me just yet. I have one more trick to try on that dude.

Randy

PS, how do you think my .17 will work on some of that african game?

I've subcribed to Varmint Masters/Predator Extreme for about 3 or so years. I can't remember the last time I saw an article on hunting red or grey fox. I find that disappointing.

Hey Randy,
Is that question of the 17 a loaded one? (I mean the question, not the gun). (Is this board green or black? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )
Howcome Americans gun always have to be so light and fast? Reading the African Forums on the big game boards, it always strikes me that all calibers are fast and light stuff.
You know, I download my 338 WM to 2300 ft/sec, and it results in far less meat damage on antelope. We took 21 springbok in vehicle culling last Friday night, all with things like 260 Rem, 308 Win, 30-06. Fast enough.

Yes, 17 is OK, except in the tall grass.
I cross my fingers for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Lochi.

You know, if I were to down load my .17 far enough, I could save money and bring my daisy red rider instead! Hey, I've got to start field testing!

Randy

Hello,
My neighbor gave me his copy of PredatorXtreme to look at. I have to say I wasn't really impressed. First, there were issues with pictures and text matching. For instance the very large feline pictured above the text about a coyote. Also, in the article with the guy hunting coyotes with a shotgun, all the pictures showed rifles? And about that article, I thought the writing could use some work. He used the same phrases within 4 or 5 lines of each other. There were a lot of "reviews" towards the back, but they sounded like stuff you'd read on the box of the item, not actually a reviewers testimony, you know? If you're going to review something, you have to be willing to say bad things about it.
The last thing that would keep me from subscribing is the price. What was it, 5 issues for $14? That's like buying it at the store. I'm used to getting a hefty discount when I subscribe. I used to subscribe to MaximumPC. Their off-the-rack cost was probably $2.50-$3, but I could get 12 issues for $12 when I subscribed.
Others have commented on what the articles should contain. I'd like to see a mix of dream-hunts and everyday stuff. But both need to be well written.
So, to get me to subscribe, make it 12 issues for $15-$20 and edit better.
Jim

Back