Predator Xtreme Magazine

Guys, I'll have to use foxie techniques to call this man to my stand.
So how about some smart talk like: "unfortunately we do not have Vulpes vulpes here, but its cousin V. chama closely resembles its behaviour."

... any impressed people out there??!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

check this link for a picture of said Cape fox

http://www.affordableafricanhunting.co.z...sye/Capefox.htm

... and if anybody out there needs to know how to call V. vulpes, go to this link

http://www.affordableafricanhunting.co.za/Children%20of%20Hunting%20Links/External_links.htm

and scroll down to heading "Other USA Hunting related" on the links page, check out the 16th link from the top. This is a secret, please keep amongst your friends only.

Lochi,

Two problems! 16TH?!?!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The other problem is that link doesn't work anymore. I had to re-do the page. The new address is: http://www.geocities.com/foxhunter_56308

That one will work.

I still haven't heard from them when they want me over there but if I hear first, I'll let you know so we can make plans.

Randy

PS, those little cape foxes are cuties. Can't wait!

Grand View Media Group,
I spoke to Randy today. He told me he bought an air ticket and arranged with the travel agents to send the invoice to your accounts department. I trust that is in order. :rolleyes:

Sorry about that 16th Randy! Also the outdated URL. I did that links page some 3 years back.
Also, this morning when we spoke I forgot to write down that flight number and your time of arrival, but you can mail it to me just before you board the plane tomorrow.

Lochi.

Not ignoring you guys. Just came across it. I'm sure my accountant would love to expense a free trip for Randy. Yeah right. It's tough enough for me to get my company to pay for my state license, and that's not even done.

Lochi, it never hurts to try. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Stuart, I'll give you a day or two to rethink your stand on this. In the mean time, I'm off to North Dakota to kill some coyotes.

Randy

Man, I'd love to send you. Heck, I'd love to send myself. Give me a call when you get back. (888) 431-2877 ext. 4666. Take care and good luck in N.D.

Originally posted by Firepower:
[qb]I've called 3 times and nobody picked up or returned my messages. I do subscribe and would also like to see more in depth reviews with results,pros and cons.[/qb]
email me and let me help you personally. I'll find out who didn't return your calls and why and do what needs to be done.

I'll pass your editorial questions to the editor. Thanks!

ted@grandviewmedia.com

PXEditor;
How do you explain that the cost of traveling to a hunt, hunting, returning, and writing a story, is in some way not a buisness expense ? Would not the hunt be a research trip for the article ? For that matter, wouldn't it be a perfect time to PURCHASE some new equipment to review.....which would obviously be an unavoidable expense, in the process of writing a GOOD review article, which would be printed in the magazine for profit.

I thought it works like this:
Income-Cost=Profit.....no tax on cost.

If you can't make money putting out a good magazine....why on Earth do you think you will make money pushing junk ???

Obviously the Africa trip is.....Xtreme. he he, that's gotta hurt!

And obviously you could print articles from the data obtained for SEVERAL months....each species, each rifle, scope,range finder, binocs, tent sleeping bag, local concerns for us when we go...diseases,weather, etc....and even critique the guides...he he....grin.

Or we could just dig out our old Varmint Hunter mags, and reread it there.

I beleive you could make a good magazine, but it will take a bunch of money, and hard work, if you're not up to it, then please cut your losses, and quit wasteing paper and ink....the planets only so big you know.

Slick, before you go around slamming a "business" you know little at all about, try talking to me about in a more sensible tone. You may be surprised at what find out.

See the upcoming May/June issue -- Terry Wieland will be doing leopard article from Botswana (sp?).

I've posted my e-mail around this site many times. Write me personally.

If I report to you personally it will be billed as consulting, still want to talk? I believe others have similar thoughts, and I don't see anyone aside from you who thinks my attitude is out of line.
By the way, I own a small corporation, and ALL my customers, as well as employees, get the benefit of the doubt from me personally.

Stuart,
I saw my first copy of your Mag. last week while riding with Bearmanric to Eastern Wa. I liked it! Ric does too.
Send sub(per)scription info. to me at; Bofire@hotmail.com, thanks. (when I can't hunt reading about it makes me feel better thus the "per")
And watch the spellin an puncherations causae they is real imp[ortant to me. LOL
Carl

Slick whats your problem. are you a hunter. were lucky to have a predator magazine out there. there here trying to make it better and you slam them for it. Rick

Just a thought. If and when the merger goes through.

You could do a drawing for hunts here in the us. You could have a link here on PM for Xtreme hunters to register. If they are members of this board and subscribers to the mag. That would boost the profit to the mag and raise the membership to pm. And I'm sure it would be a write off. Just a simple though from a simple guy. Looking for a way to help every 1 out.

I don't know what to think, maybe many of you are easily impressed...maybe I should be writing about how to do stuff I can't do, instead of reading some elses sad stories.

I would really like to see another good magazine about ANY kind of hunting, but I don't think this is where they are going to start. There is probably better content on this site than PE has ever dreamed of....so they show up, brown nose a little, and sell you back your own stories(I know, they haven't yet...stick around), If you're impressed...yeehaa go get'um killer.

Slick...

I understand your dissatisfaction with PXE, I wasn't all that fond the magazine myself. Poorly written articles not to mention boring. But I'm sure Mr. Anderson is working to better the magazine.

Now, since I've read all of your posts on here, noticed all those highly informative posts you've left on the board, such as...your use of the classifieds, your questions on whether people watch hunting shows and like the WWF, what scopes people like..so on and so forth...I'm wondering if you can be just as informative as you have been and clue us in on how to run a top notch magazine? With all this obvious talent you possess, I'm sure Mr. Anderson and the rest of the team at PXE would be highly appreciative.

Not to mention us here at PM. We so enjoy your posts..if not for anything but for the informative content of them.......really.

Point taken, I will refund your subscription, and write a better post soon, at no charge, then resume normal pricing.
No, really thank you for that perspectve, I will contribute in a positive light henceforth.

Just my piont of view but I picked up a January PX magazine and thought it was pretty good except for the copy questions mentioned above. Personally I would rather read about a hunt that I can do myself than some dream hunt for some rich guy. I would like to see articles about how we normal guys can find areas to hunt in also.
Last and not least, who is this guy Slick, he is what my grandad used to call a sexual intellectual (___ing know it all)

Back