Palmetto State Armory

The receiver came yesterday from PSA, and I put my lower together last nite. I had ordered an Anderson lower, a PSA lower parts kit minus the trigger (I have a number of trigger parts that were taken off other rifles), and a complete PSA upper. Overall, I was pleased with the quality of the parts. So, as I said, I put the lower together, put the upper and lower together and got a good fit, again I was pleased. Completed rifle is very lightweight, again pleased. Test fired it twice, and that was all it did.....wouldn't fire again. I am assuming it is a broken firing pin. although I did not check last nite, it was just too cold to keep messing with it. To make a long story short....ended up being disappointed, I would have thought that a new rifle should have lasted more than 2 shots. Haven't decided what to do about yet. Guess I'll see if the pin is broken before I do anything.

Originally Posted By: kymailman98The receiver came yesterday from PSA, and I put my lower together last nite. I had ordered an Anderson lower, a PSA lower parts kit minus the trigger (I have a number of trigger parts that were taken off other rifles), and a complete PSA upper. Overall, I was pleased with the quality of the parts. So, as I said, I put the lower together, put the upper and lower together and got a good fit, again I was pleased. Completed rifle is very lightweight, again pleased. Test fired it twice, and that was all it did.....wouldn't fire again. I am assuming it is a broken firing pin. although I did not check last nite, it was just too cold to keep messing with it. To make a long story short....ended up being disappointed, I would have thought that a new rifle should have lasted more than 2 shots. Haven't decided what to do about yet. Guess I'll see if the pin is broken before I do anything.

Man, that really sucks. Hopefully it's something that they will make right, however, it is an inconvenience. I am pleased with my Anderson lower and all the parts seem to be there with the PSA enhanced LPK. Really wish I had ordered a couple more of the lowers but hindsight is 20/20. I will update once I assemble everything.

Pulled the firing pin out and it is not broken. Anyone have any ideas? The primers are not being dented, so it's not the ammo. Weak hammer spring maybe?.....but it seems strong enough.

Originally Posted By: cdubya_38Hmmm...is the bolt fully forward?

That's it, but so far, no fix. Tried cleaning everything, but it's still doing it. It's just too cold here to try and warm up my shop, so I'll wait till it warms up some and try something else. I'm shooting some surplus military ammo, and may try some 223 and see if what that does. If all else fails, I'll send the upper back to PSA and let them figure it out.

Put a couple drops of oil on the bolt and then cycle the charging handle/bolt about 50 times by hand. Also Make sure your buffer spring isnt broke.

Got my lower MOSTLY assembled tonight. I must have overlooked the fact that PSA forgot to include the castle nut when I was making sure all the parts were there the other night. Overall, I'm pleased with the lower and the enhanced LPK but it seems as though PSA is lacking severely in the customer service and shipping field. Email sent and waiting for a reply.

I just assembled my Anderson lower this evening, with the enhanced LPK. Tried to start it over my lunch break, but first thing I started, the mag release, no spring........ Emailed them, then called my buddy that was goin through Columbia. He stopped and got me one at Midway. Got it together though. Everything went together nice, for my first time. Now if my stripped upper would get here........

Originally Posted By: HibsPut a couple drops of oil on the bolt and then cycle the charging handle/bolt about 50 times by hand. Also Make sure your buffer spring isnt broke.

It was the ammo. I switched to Federal 223's and it works.

Originally Posted By: HibsWell I just jumped on one of those PTAC 16" 5.56 carbine length uppers with BCG and Charging handle for $289.99/free shipping. We'll see how long it takes for them to ship it. I have ordered from PSA once before about a year ago, some ammo and a couple other little things and it took about 3 weeks to get it. Slow shipping, sure, but man they run some great deals.

My order was shipped on the 28th. 14 days after I placed my order online. Within the 15 day lead time that was quoted to me when I ordered. I never got an email confirmation that it was SHIPPED, but the shipment and tracking info was on my account on PSA's website. They tried to deliver it to my shipping address today but no one was home to sign for it, so I'll get it Monday. Won't be able to test it for a while though, I got sent on temporary duty with the military and won't be home for 3 months.

Originally Posted By: HibsOriginally Posted By: HibsWell I just jumped on one of those PTAC 16" 5.56 carbine length uppers with BCG and Charging handle for $289.99/free shipping. We'll see how long it takes for them to ship it. I have ordered from PSA once before about a year ago, some ammo and a couple other little things and it took about 3 weeks to get it. Slow shipping, sure, but man they run some great deals.

My order was shipped on the 28th. 14 days after I placed my order online. Within the 15 day lead time that was quoted to me when I ordered. I never got an email confirmation that it was SHIPPED, but the shipment and tracking info was on my account on PSA's website. They tried to deliver it to my shipping address today but no one was home to sign for it, so I'll get it Monday. Won't be able to test it for a while though, I got sent on temporary duty with the military and won't be home for 3 months.

Evidently their deals are so good that the slow shipping time and lack of customer service doesn't matter. Lol. Be safe on your tour.

Price, quality, service- the basic business conundrum. Pick any two-you can't have all three. In my view PSA has price and quality and I can wait a bit as I ain't unarmed in the interim- but that's me.

So I heard they went on a hiring spree in customer service, then I saw this posted on their facebook page today.....

Quote:*Customer Service Announcement*
Palmetto State Armory is proud to announce we are completely caught up on emails! The hard working men and women in our customer service department have been working 13 hours a day 6 days a week to get this done for you the customer! We are happy to say that if you email info@palmettostatearmory.com with a question, complaint, praise, or just to say HELLO, between the hours of 8am-9pm Mon-Fri, we will have you an answer within 24 hours! Thank you to everyone who has been patient with us in this time of growth and hopefully our prices and quality products reflect our appreciation and commitment to you the customer!

Sincerely,
The Palmetto State Armory Family

I ordered this upper today. Does anyone else have one of these?

41886_dd.jpg

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php...ing-handle.html

Got the PSA upper today and slapped it on the lower. Got a Coyote special last week to go on top and Venatic picked me up some mounts today. Maybe I will get to shoot it before to much longer. It is going to nice and light!

03698fee-812e-471e-a96f-512b06a4ccd1_zps47061369.jpg

CC1E22C0-53AF-4955-9193-9DFB85295D0A_zpsrg0ghk5i.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: YellowhammerGot the PSA upper today and slapped it on the lower. Got a Coyote special last week to go on top and Venatic picked me up some mounts today. Maybe I will get to shoot it before to much longer. It is going to nice and light!

03698fee-812e-471e-a96f-512b06a4ccd1_zps47061369.jpg

CC1E22C0-53AF-4955-9193-9DFB85295D0A_zpsrg0ghk5i.jpg

that barrel looks lightweight also. how does it feel?

Back