Opinions on Browning A-bolt Medallion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you "stepped aside". Or was that just more BS?

Once again, a totally WEAK attempt at dodging.

Apparently, the only chance you have to build yourself up, is to tear me down. Because it is more than apparent that you are incapable given your own merits.

In politics, they call that "negative campaigning". Look it up. I don't expect you to understand.

By all means, PLEASE, don't "waste the effort", cuz it will be just that. Have heard it all a million times from your type.........

Originally Posted By: Vaughan
1313890933.jpg

I'm done here, dude. This guy is a total waste of time......

Comes in handy alot around here lol, especially this time of year.

I wish i could say I hated these threads but that would be a lie

i got two or three good opinions out of 40 some replies... maybe next time i should phrase it "Pros and Cons from owners of browning a-bolt rifles." its hard for me to believe how much people bicker at each other on here. sounds like a bunch of women kinda
wink.gif

If you like the feel of the rifle and its in your price range..buy it. Im sure it will do what you want it to do.

The A-bolt would not be my first pick, or 10th for no other reason than I dont like the way they feel in my hands.

Good Luck

I'll throw in my 2 cents worth on the Browning A-Bolt.

In the design:

The 60 degree bolt lift, and action are smooth as glass, and the 60 degree lift makes it easy to rack another round in the chamber with heavy gloves on and frozen hands.

The triggers are easily adjustable, and mine on my 7mm Rem Mag got down to 2 3/4 pounds right out of the box with zero creep, and no over travel.

The magazine design is hated by alot, but I actually like it. It is like a blind magazine that alot of guys seem to like, I'm not a fan because it is always COLD and I don't like finger ........ shells around. The swing out magazine makes for quick/easy reloads in the field, I very rarely (if ever) actually remove my magazine from the hinged floorplate.

As for rings/bases I have millet bases/rings on mine and after 17 years of abuse, no complaints. I have a Leupold VXII on top of mine.

I would comment on the woodstock, but I have no personal experience with a wood stocked Browning. Mine is a stalker model, and I love the way it feels, and I can slide a 100 dollar bill down the channel. With bipod attached there is no shift in zero.

I dont' know if Browning does their own barrels or not, but mine cleans up very nicely, and it shoots 3 shots under .5" if I do my part. My rifle will actually shoot .75" 3 shot groups with 160gr Nosler Accubonds at 300 yards, from a bipod and rear bag.

Fact of the matter is I have owned at least one bolt rifle from every major player on the market, and if I want to grab a rifle that will bring home the backstraps I tend to grab my A-Bolt more often than not.

Hope this helped someone out.

rammer thank you for the information. its nice to know some actual facts about the rifle. as far as i can tell, it has a very nice action and trigger. hoping to shoot it very soon.

In addition to what Rammer said, Browning has a 3 lug bolt head, like Sako and T-C Venture/Icons, free floats the barrel and Browning is one of the few manufacturers that glass bed's the recoil lug at the factory.

How's that for a reasonably priced rifle?

Originally Posted By: browning442well i ended up buying one in .243 since they didn't have any 25-06 on hand. their price was $450 which is pretty cheap for a browning a-bolt medallion! didn't need the gun, but couldn't pass it up... thanks for the opinions.

Chad, i got it at Big R as you probably saw in the flyer. They were being sold like hotcakes, one guy bought 10 of them the minute the store opened.

The Browning A-Bolts I have been around have all been excellent shooters and looked to be put together very well. I had a X-Bolt that was a great shooting rifle but sold it to help fund another rifle that I really wanted.

I try to take these internet forums with a grain of salt. There are some very knowledgeable people here but sometimes they tend to overvalue their own opinion(I'm guilty of this myself sometimes).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesThe .75" inch 3 shot group at 300 yards sold me. I gotta have one!

Me too!!

Originally Posted By: jlutcher51Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesThe .75" inch 3 shot group at 300 yards sold me. I gotta have one!

Me too!!

LOL - Results aren't typical... I forgot the disclaimer!
tongue_smilie.gif

P1000313.jpg

This is with out a doubt, one of the worst triggers I have seen on ANY modern era rifle. That is just my opinion, which is what was asked for. I cannot think of any other that would be more prone to failure.

Who here can tell me what the "little rod thingy under the bolt handle" does?

There is a reason WHY Browning came out with the X-Bolt. It addresses issues I told you about YEARS AGO, with the A-Bolt. Coincidence? I think not.

Ever seen Winchester, Savage, Remington, CZ, Weatherby, etc., completely redesign their "flagship bolt action rifle". No you haven't. Must be a reason why Browning felt the need. They have yet to get it right. And it is PAINFULLY obvious. I told you all so 6 years ago.

The best thing about it, is not only did my "predictions" come true, but they are all well documented.

Okay, done tooting my own horn.......
blushing.gif

Again,,,, "LET IT GO" Ken.
You're right "It's well documented that you detest A-Borts" and I for one am sick and tired of hearing about it.

You're my friend Ken, but I gotta tell ya,,,, You're making a complete azz of yourself at this point.

If we ain't friends anymore then so be it,,, but for god sakes, shut the he11 up.

And you guys ask why I don't post here any more???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back