One Cooper or Two Savages

Nice try. But when you grow up you will learn that it is just easier to admit you made a mistake. We all make them. I make them all the time.

And I have no idea what "Douglas" has to do with this conversation.

However when you spew erroneous information you must be prepared to be rebutted. Consider yourself rebutted.

And to the OP. Please accept my apology for going off topic on your thread. I should not have done that. tom.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2muchgunOriginally Posted By: sully2B&C plastic stock.....$144.00 from Stockys! Now there's a good reason to do hand springs.....NOT!

You are contradicting yourself with this statement and your statement in the above post. Injection molded=plastic. B&C does not make "plastic" stocks. Maybe it is you that cannot read?

Tom knows exactly what he is talking about, and I agree.....

I differ... If its not wood then its "plastic" Are you going to differentiate between materials used in Synthetic stocks? When company "A" uses Kevlar and company B uses fiberglass and company C uses polyamid material etc..etc..etc? I seriously doubt that you will..or that you may even KNOW the differences in the materials or combos that different synthetic stock companys use.

How can you use the term fiberglass when company X only uses 5 % glass fiber..and the rest is epoxy and aramid fiber. OR another company uses a plastic substrate with Kevlar overlay(s); a lay or 2 of chop coat fiberglass and then a final layer of "X" material??? See what Im getting at?

Wood is wood is wood. Solid; laminated or even compressed saw dust. Wood is wood. Stock materials other than wood are...????

Originally Posted By: HOGGHEADNice try. But when you grow up you will learn that it is just easier to admit you made a mistake. We all make them. I make them all the time.

And I have no idea what "Douglas" has to do with this conversation.

However when you spew erroneous information you must be prepared to be rebutted. Consider yourself rebutted.

And to the OP. Please accept my apology for going off topic on your thread. I should not have done that. tom.

I dont consider anything you have stated to be anything other than your own opinion...and I have to agree...you sure are opinionated!

Originally Posted By: joed
Everyone is gaga over the 6.5mm. Myself, I'm a hunter, a 6.5mm firing a bullet at 2700 fps just doesn't excite me.

Not that is matters but try 140's to 2800 and 130 to 29..And it gets me all tingly inside...
thumbup.gif

What was the original question again, four Coopers or two Savages????? Two Coopers, one Savage????.........:)

This is a handful that went out on one of the last PD trips. No resins, plastics, built-up, laid-up, laid, etc, etc. All old fashioned tree fiber.

P1000187-1.jpg

None of these fall in the GREAT wood category, just nice wood.

These are used day in and day out. No big scratches, gouges, etc. Just well taken care of.

If you can, don't forget investment, yes investment. In the past two years I have added and subtracted from my total Cooper copunt. In that time, I have sold about six of them at nothing less than what I originally paid for them.

Claimbuster is right. Coopers will almost always get your money back. In some cases, you'll make money. Usually, you an break even and on a firearm, this is a good thing.
As far as the B&C stocks, if I'm not mistaken, the Phoenix is a stock built for Cooper and Cooper only. You can buy a stock from Cooper, but it ain't gonna be cheap! That being said, I love Cooper firearms, they just don't fit ME, nothing wrong with the rifle.

Hogghead is also right- Custom rifles on just about any action are hard to sell. They get real pricey and the average Joe/Hunter won't pay big money when he can go to Wally World and buy a "Huntin" rifle that will shoot minute of pie plate and kill anything he shoots it at. Custom rifles have a following that not everyone falls into. People that built and shoot "Customs" are your only customers...Usually! JMO

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MillerTime69
drool.gif

Claim are you looking to adopt...Cause I would like to be in your will...
grin.gif

There are quite a few in front of you; however, I would be happy to send an application!
smile.gif

Ive been doing research for about a month now on having a custom built...And even when I was reasonable and not go over board with high end extras but still have it built with the same options I want in the Cooper (fluted bolt, drop box, synthetic stock etc...)the price comes up to about the same as a Cooper...This is why I decide on Cooper instead building a custom for now...I have a Remington action waiting at home that will one day become a 243AI but for now serves me well factory...The question I orginally asked was due to the fact that I dont know anyone personally who has had or has a Cooper and wanted to know if they were worth the money otherwise I was just going to buy a Savage and a p-dog gun but...You guys have convinced me that Cooper hands down is worth every penny...I actually called and priced one today to the letter the way I picture it...Just over $2100...Not bad for sub .5MOA semi custom with factory loads...(Cooper tests their 6.5CM with factory Hornady)

Thanx everyone I appreciate all the info...Now comes the hard part...THE WAIT!!!!

Originally Posted By: claimbusterOriginally Posted By: MillerTime69
drool.gif

Claim are you looking to adopt...Cause I would like to be in your will...
grin.gif

There are quite a few in front of you; however, I would be happy to send an application!
smile.gif

Okay
thumbup.gif
laugh.gif

Good choice. You won't be disappointed.

I have a Cooper M22 Phoenix in 6mm Remington and it is my favorite rifle. It is also, by far, the most accurate "out of the box" rifle I have ever owned.

Good luck!

Originally Posted By: sully2Originally Posted By: 2muchgunOriginally Posted By: sully2B&C plastic stock.....$144.00 from Stockys! Now there's a good reason to do hand springs.....NOT!

You are contradicting yourself with this statement and your statement in the above post. Injection molded=plastic. B&C does not make "plastic" stocks. Maybe it is you that cannot read?

Tom knows exactly what he is talking about, and I agree.....

I differ... If its not wood then its "plastic" Are you going to differentiate between materials used in Synthetic stocks? When company "A" uses Kevlar and company B uses fiberglass and company C uses polyamid material etc..etc..etc? I seriously doubt that you will..or that you may even KNOW the differences in the materials or combos that different synthetic stock companys use.

How can you use the term fiberglass when company X only uses 5 % glass fiber..and the rest is epoxy and aramid fiber. OR another company uses a plastic substrate with Kevlar overlay(s); a lay or 2 of chop coat fiberglass and then a final layer of "X" material??? See what Im getting at?

Wood is wood is wood. Solid; laminated or even compressed saw dust. Wood is wood. Stock materials other than wood are...????

It is more than obvious you haven't a clue about stock construction. First you talk about B&C "plastic stocks", then you go on to say that B&C doesn't make plastic stocks. Which is it?

Most of us here understand the difference between tupperware and fiberglass, whether you do or not.

Time for you to put the shovel down.......

Originally Posted By: HOGGHEAD

For example the same manufacurer that makes Night Force scopes also makes a sub $100 cheap scope as well. So would you say NF is bad because the same manufacturer also make a cheap product?? NO. No one would do that.

Stop making assumptions. Tom.

Another analogy.

Mercedes Benz also makes the Smart car, does that make a Merc any less of a widely considered steller product? How about the fact that Ferarri makes the Fiat 500.....Ferarri is still Ferarri.

Sometimes I get the feeling that a few people think that the word "wood" is latin for "Great for all intended purposes". Had we used wood for the lunar lander, we would have had a lot of dead astronauts. We should live in the NOW, and realize that technology isn't necessarily the devil.

Chupa

Hey now, don't start bringing logic and reason into this discussion, it just confuses us
crazy.gif

I looked at some of the coopers when contemplating the new rig, I ended up with my Savage because I loved this "tupperware" stock, it is the choate tactical.

This stock just fit me, full length alum. bedding block, I had it skim bedded as well and I am shooting as good as I could have ever hoped for. I set out for .5-.75 moa accuracy and ended up getting exactly that, and with factory rounds, another "need" for me, as I don't reload.(federal 168gr. gold medals)

I think the hardest thing sometimes, is realizing that at the end of the day, you should be walking out of the store with what YOU want. It is easy to get caught up in research, caught up in opinions, and caught up on $$$ signs, that can make it easy to forget about what YOU originally set out to buy.

End of the day, I walked out with what I wanted, and couldn't be happier, so, in whatever choice you make, I hope you heed the advice/opinions given, but really end up with what you want.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgun
It is more than obvious you haven't a clue about stock construction. First you talk about B&C "plastic stocks", then you go on to say that B&C doesn't make plastic stocks. Which is it?

Most of us here understand the difference between tupperware and fiberglass, whether you do or not.

Time for you to put the shovel down.......

What is most drastically obvious is that YOU READ ONLY THE WORDS...and then cant determine for yourself the meaning behind them. Since I group all non-wooden rifle stocks into the category of PLASTIC because I dont know...and its obvious YOU DONT KNOW just EXACTLY what their material IS.

Are they 100% Carbon fiber? Maybe 50% Kevlar and 50% "other materials" or "inert ingredients".

Your buddy states that injection molding makes "plastic" stuff...and B&C stocks are NOT injection molded. Injection molding makes LOTS MORE things that just molded plastic items.

So show us all your wisdom "Oh Great Guru" of SYNTHETIC gun stocks...just what EXACTLY is the material makeup of B&C stocks or any others for that matter..

If ya can give us the material(s) in percentages and any layups and ply orientations if you would...until that time I'll just refer to "wood" as wood"...and ( give it a name) as PLASTIC...whether you like it or not

Back