Ohio Roll Call

Scopes are ok, but imagine scanning with 1 on your gun. Hold your daytime gun up with a scope on it and look thru the scope the entire time your hunting..... Kinda sucks and not at all safe. That's why I went with a head mounted PVS14. Search around and you can get a gen 3 (top of the line) for another 800-1,000. Get something from TNVC, they are a sight sponsor her and have outstanding products. Check out the night calling section on here a lot of different set ups. Do some research and ask questions on here b4 you buy.

Aahh, I see your point. It would get on ones nerves quickly. I'll browse around and see what I can find. I may end up selling a BR rig and getting something.

I'll send u a nice pick to post up. My phone needs a software update so I can download photobucket. Look for it bout 7p I should b home bout then.

Originally Posted By: Loggers InnI'll send u a nice pick to post up. My phone needs a software update so I can download photobucket. Look for it bout 7p I should b home bout then.

Awesome story on that one! I will post the pic as soon as I get to my lap top at my house in the morning. I'm staying at my wife's house tonight and only have the ipad.

aea68d678fad88edd43dad3209d2035b.jpg

Here is the pic. I figured out the photobucket ap.

The story that goes with the pic from Loggers Inn

Daughter was playing with the call earlier in the day aggravating the house dog. Me and the boy made our way to some public hunting. We walk out to a lil hump in this field for a better view and WOW! I lost count at 35 and there were a lot more deer than that they started getting nervous and moving around. I set the call down bout 10-15 yards away trying not to spook the deer anymore. Walking back to my seat I see a glimpse of something jump in a thicket along a fence row. I turn on the Foxpro and no sound. Thought what the heck, walked out to check the caller out. And yes the daughter playing with the caller earlier shut the speakers off. I turn the speakers on and it starts screaming baby cottontail. Then BOOM...... Seems like 2 seconds later, I got 'em dad...... Huh? I got him, he step right out of that fence row. That glimpse I seen must've been that coyote jump in the fence row, he stepped right out when I turn on the speakers. 2 seconds... Done deal!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: joereloaderAwsome! You and your son will remember that stand forever! Don't know about him, but I sure will. My life flashed in front of me. Being 13 he's very responsible, but walking back from the call all you can do is take a deep breath. Actually when he shot his back was facing me. We always sit back to back to back in an open field. Dad-1 son-2 down so fa. I've got some catching up to do. Those lil critters can't hide from a ps32 flir thermal

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: blackswampI live in Seneca county in Tiffin.

22-250 I would like to come down this year. Hopefully i will have my SD upper by then. Im in Fremont, is there alot of action around these parts? Im new to this kind of action and i want to get started on hunting yotes and fox.

That is a awesome story Logger!!! That had to make you dribble in your pants a little when that gun went off. It's little things like this story is why we do this. Definitely one you will never forget or get tired of telling. It being your son makes it so much better. Sounds like you two have a great time hunting together. Better take advantage of it before he gets to chasing some different fur!! Lol

Just to let the word out... The 3rd or 4th annual Po' Boys Coyote Challenge is coming up in Ashville Ohio here shortly. I think they had 29 coyotes brought in last yr. Sign in was at 8p Friday, check in was 12 noon on Sunday. $100 four man team entry, trapping or calling (anything goes as long as it's with in the ODNR regulations). 1 team from Frankfort brought in 6 coyotes which was a great accomplishment. Any interests PM me I can get the details.

Originally Posted By: ohioyotehntrThat is a awesome story Logger!!! That had to make you dribble in your pants a little when that gun went off. It's little things like this story is why we do this. Definitely one you will never forget or get tired of telling. It being your son makes it so much better. Sounds like you two have a great time hunting together. Better take advantage of it before he gets to chasing some different fur!! Lol Yea they're already after him lets put it that way.

Originally Posted By: ohioyotehntrThat is a awesome story Logger!!! That had to make you dribble in your pants a little when that gun went off. It's little things like this story is why we do this. Definitely one you will never forget or get tired of telling. It being your son makes it so much better. Sounds like you two have a great time hunting together. Better take advantage of it before he gets to chasing some different fur!! Lol

Dusty!! Shame on you! Different fur!?!?......... Geesh! Lmao!

Originally Posted By: rletts77Anyone go out in this lovely weather we are having??? Yea I went out and ran back in as fast as I could. Wow it's cold!

Originally Posted By: rletts77Originally Posted By: ohioyotehntrThat is a awesome story Logger!!! That had to make you dribble in your pants a little when that gun went off. It's little things like this story is why we do this. Definitely one you will never forget or get tired of telling. It being your son makes it so much better. Sounds like you two have a great time hunting together. Better take advantage of it before he gets to chasing some different fur!! Lol

Dusty!! Shame on you! Different fur!?!?......... Geesh! Lmao! He was reading these posts and said what's these guys think im gonna stop hunting coyotes and start trappin beaver now or what? Talk about bustin the gut! He's quite the character, Ive taught him well!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Loggers InnOriginally Posted By: rletts77Originally Posted By: ohioyotehntrThat is a awesome story Logger!!! That had to make you dribble in your pants a little when that gun went off. It's little things like this story is why we do this. Definitely one you will never forget or get tired of telling. It being your son makes it so much better. Sounds like you two have a great time hunting together. Better take advantage of it before he gets to chasing some different fur!! Lol

Dusty!! Shame on you! Different fur!?!?......... Geesh! Lmao! He was reading these posts and said what's these guys think im gonna stop hunting coyotes and start trappin beaver now or what? Talk about bustin the gut! He's quite the character, Ive taught him well!

Now that is FUNNY!!!

Back