Oh G.D.!!!! I won't be able to sleep tonight!

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: Coyote CruiserDiatomaceous Earth will kill them by the thousands. We used to have them here.

I would like to hear more about this. What is it?

Chupa

Also works GREAT on crickets.

"Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is is made from finely ground fossiles of prehistoric fresh water diatoms. It is a mechanical insect killer rather than chemical. Insects therefore cannot develop immunity to it, and it does not adversely affect the environment in the way chemicals would. It’s also non toxic to humans or pets."

Place it around your homes ENTIRE perimeter and it will do its job. Washes away after a good rain though so keep some handy for touch-ups. Can be bought from most large stores that sell fertilizer. Or they can order it at least. I buy it in 50lb sacks and it works WONDERS!

the DE sounds interesting...im gonna look into it....as far as for inside....pest control companies and there contracts/fees are a joke imo....DEMON WP....order it online(only place its found) buy a sprayer and go to town...kills everything and residual too... pet safe....

Originally Posted By: AlexanderWallerI absolutely love scorpions, when there not on me. Have I held one once? Yes, I have. Would I do it again? [beeep] NO! But they are cool looking though. Would I keep one as a pet? maybe.

no offence but you obviously have never killed at least 1 scorp in either yours or your kids room (sometimes both a night) for 2 yrs straight all summer long....

Yeah, diatomeceous earth should work. It even works on fleas. They spread it in the grass at dog shows to keep the fleas down. I love scorpions, too, in pictures. I remember seeing one on a tent pole, about a foot from my head, when I looked up from my cot in Fort Hood years ago. From the very least I guess a bite from them can make you real sick.

We've seen a bunch this year. Inside and outside the house. The pastures are dry, so they like nice green yards where the hunting is good for them. Along with the DE mentioned, the newer insect barrier sprays work well inside. Good old seven dust, is safe and works for doors and window sills, and will stay for a good while.

Keeping the covers off the floor will help, but several times they fall from the cealing in bed with you. Calk around light fixtures, window trim, and any other crack or hole. The rubber on your door threshold probably needs replacing. They like rockwork, and firewood piles, so don't leave them a place to hide and breed.

One crawled up my pants leg and stung me, while sitting in my easy chair not long ago. He didn't get me too good through the jeans, but it's a good thing my laptop is tough, I thought for a second it had electrocuted me. The next morning one was camped out on the side of the boot I used to stomp the previous one. My house is now toxic, but so far all I have found are dead ones. I hate them!

Definitely a dangerous predator and I get pleasure killing them!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ninehorses but several times they fall from the cealing in bed with you.

You S.O.B! You're an evil evil man
cry.gif

I see massive quantities of booze in my immediate future just so I can sleep.

Chupa

Originally Posted By: ninehorsesWe've seen a bunch this year. Inside and outside the house. The pastures are dry, so they like nice green yards where the hunting is good for them. Along with the DE mentioned, the newer insect barrier sprays work well inside. Good old seven dust, is safe and works for doors and window sills, and will stay for a good while.

Keeping the covers off the floor will help, but several times they fall from the cealing in bed with you. Calk around light fixtures, window trim, and any other crack or hole. The rubber on your door threshold probably needs replacing. They like rockwork, and firewood piles, so don't leave them a place to hide and breed.

One crawled up my pants leg and stung me, while sitting in my easy chair not long ago. He didn't get me too good through the jeans, but it's a good thing my laptop is tough, I thought for a second it had electrocuted me. The next morning one was camped out on the side of the boot I used to stomp the previous one. My house is now toxic, but so far all I have found are dead ones. I hate them!

Definitely a dangerous predator and I get pleasure killing them!

I'd be out before daylight hammering a for sale sign in the front yard. Tightens my butt up just reading this stuff.

Chupa,,,,Just move North and you won't be plagued with them...However, you will need to be on the alert for the Brown Recluse spiders in the Spring and Fall...At least they like to hide in dark and out of the way places (like the toes of seldom used boots), they are so small and blend in with their surroundings so you don't even have to think about them, most of the time...After all, these are only about the size of your little finger nail...

Spider1.jpg

The last one that bit me died in the effort and only killed about a dime size piece of my flesh by rotting it away...

Chupa,

Serves you right, after your post, I had to get up and make a round around the house with the flashlight, on a hunt. They love to hang out on the outside walls, after dark. No luck though!

Tnslim,

Living all my life here in the middle of Texas, you get use to them, besides there are worse places to live. Old saying here is, if you live West of I-35 everything sticks, stabs, or stings.

OldTurtle,

We have those here. fiddle back! But luckly not many.

Now Chupa and I will never get to sleep!

P.S. The black widow spiders have been terrible here this summer. You have to watch at every gate and in the barns too.

I got bit twice by brown recluse spider when I was stationed at Fort Leonard wood in the 70's. I still carry the scars.Nasty little buggers.

Originally Posted By: ninehorsesChupa,

Serves you right, after your post, I had to get up and make a round around the house with the flashlight, on a hunt. They love to hang out on the outside walls, after dark. No luck though!

Tnslim,

Living all my life here in the middle of Texas, you get use to them, besides there are worse places to live. Old saying here is, if you live West of I-35 everything sticks, stabs, or stings.

Yep, day number 2 with little sleep. Maybe I should just get stung by one and get the anticipation over, never been stung by one. Been terrified of arachnid's my whole life.

About 3 years ago I was bit on the face by a black widow! At the E.R. they told me I couldn't take the anti-venom or the other stuff for it because I'm a type 1 diabetic, just had to tough it out. I was even interviewed by the CDC because they didn't have a widow bite to the face on record. Took 2 months for the neurotoxin to work its way out of my system, had muscle cramps in my back that felt like my ribs were breaking.

When I went to the ER, they were adamant that it was a recluse and I was scared my face was going to rot off. But when my muscles began to seize, they knew they were dealing with a neurotoxin which is a black widow.

Chupa

Originally Posted By: ninehorsesChupa,

Hey, you ever try that black light thing on them? Supposedly they glow under a black light.

Chupa

I could tell lots of scorpion stories, we would kill 5-10 a week when we first built our house. They would fall out of the can lights in the den when they first came on. I had one crawl out on my collar while eating breakfast, don't know if he fell on me or was in my shirt. Anyway, not to bore you but you can flea bomb your rooms and it will take care of them for about six months. Its not as good as spraying but to really do any good you have to spray the attic. The black light does work. Needless to say I've tried everything.

Back