Official Update Thread!

We haven't forgotten here and keep the prayers coming for the South family. Thanks for the updates, those are helpful.

Quote:
If you are not posting an Update from Byron or his family, PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD.

All the prayers and well wishes are great. But , it's getting a little hard to find the actual updates.
It's not personal so please don't take it that way.

Byron asked me to make an update.Raegan had a tracheotomy done today {3-12-07} and a feeding tube put in her stomach.Everything went well,they did it as more of a long term solution to take care of her till she make a full recovery.It also helps prevent further infection from tube in her nose and mouth.

Raegan will be moving to a regular room today. She is running a very slight fever but was told it is of no real concern. Other testing that came back showed normal and it is just a matter of her waking up.

Many of her movements are such that they are in direct response to external stimuli.

Just talked to Byron,

Raegan is improving still. She is moving more and better every day. Still hasn't woke up... She has moved out of ICU. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

The doctors are gonna give her some more medicine to stimulate her brain. They are hoping to increase activity and hope it helps her wake up.

Please keep praying and sending your thoughts for Raegan and the family.

Byron wants everyone to keep it up, and again is so humbled by the support and kindness of all...

Raegan smiled a big smile today when Byron spoke to her.

Lana told Raegan to wiggle her toes and she DID!

They are in the process of moving Raegan to an interim care facility in Dallas until they can move her home to Big Sandy.

This facility specializes in children with special needs.

Now, Now Lance! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif You said to keep this thread open! LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jay, That is great news! We will continue our prayers!!! Good going Raegan!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I know that this thread is supposed to be strictly news about Raegan but I just wanted to take the time to thank God that he has listened to our prayers and to ask him to be with the South family as they help Raegan move back toward living at home again. Amen....

$bob$

Quote:
SCHWEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD good news!!!!!

+1... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[sorry, Crapshoot]

Raegan has been in a new care facility for one week now.
A team meeting was held today with Byron and Lana included and in just a week there has been improvements.

Notable changes:
1) Raegan's normal sleep in the past has been that her eyelids have been slightly opened while she slpet. Up until now this has not been the case since early February. This is a new development.

2) Raegan burps.

3) Raegan has recently had the goose bumps.

4) Raegan will get to go OUTSIDE. The plan is for Lana and Byron to take her outdoors probably tomorrow for a little while.

I spoke with Byron yesterday as I was coming back from chasing turkeys in KS. He was very happy. They are in a rehab facility now learning how to take care of her when they get home so he is in school so to say. He told me that she has been moving quite a bit, turning over, and coughing which is a good thing. She is breathing without assistance and very active like I said. They anticipate bringing her home to care for her May 9th. Byron was very positive and seemed to think any time she should wake up. Slow but still progress!

That's great. Progress is progress! I sure pray she wakes up soon.

Oops sorry, didn't mean to post in the update thread. Didn't notice we weren't supposed to.

Last edited:
As of late last night, Raegan is considered in a “semi-conscious” state.

She will respond to questions by shaking her head yes or no.
Are you twelve? No. Are you seven? Yes. Those sort of questions.

She will open, close, squeeze her hand, smile on commands.

I talked to Raegan this morning!

Byron capped her Trach (sp) so she could get the air through in order to make sounds.

Jay: “Raegan. This is Uncle Jay. Hi Raegan.”

Raegan: “Hi.”

Jay: “Can you smile real big for me?”

Raegan smiles.

Jay: “Would you like to go outside Raegan?”

Raegan: “No.” (it was rainy and storming there)

I talked a bit more but can’t remember what all I said and she said. I was pretty choked up as was Byron. Goose bumps all around.

Raegan cannot get her eyes opened still but was responsive and TALKED. I can’t begin to express the feelings.

Back