New Remingtons are junk!

It's an assembly line gun. Maybe it was built on Friday or Monday,maybe the line wanted to get it done quick for production count. Mass production is always gonna have problems. Tell me there isn't Another gun manufacturer that doesn't have these problems. Sounds like somebody just wanting to whine. Just for your information, I also own 11-96 and CTI 105. Try that on for size.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pyscodogI keep looking for the Made in Japan sticker.

That's what will be on the up-graded, high-end models.
tt2.gif

Think I'll just stick to my oldy Remmy's. They were made by a
totally different crowd of both floor people and management.
They actually cared.

I don't care when it is built a company needs to stand behind a product if they want my business. As far the whining if that is what you want to call it, ya I am gonna make some noise when a company sells me junk. You look at how Rem advertises their rifle accuracy and tell me how it isn't false advertisement. I am not the only one who isn't pleased with them as of late. You keep the junk collecting up if you want. Regarding the whining I would much rather just have a quality product the first time so my blood pressure stays a bit lower. I run a small business and produce a top notch product it will always be that way or I will quit.

Last edited:
I'd be agreeing with what you said if the gun wasn't 6 years old like has been stated. at that point its just what it is and no use crying over it.

The problem is we have consistently receive very poor products from Rem lately that don't and won't deliver. It is fact that they have gone to pot. I and several of my friends have seen enough issues that we will not buy another newer Remington of any kind.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223How long to you expect your $800 guns to stay in one piece?

I don't own a factory remington. I have bought alot and tore them down to use action for a build. Of all of the newer remingtons that my shooting partners are using I have'nt heard of any issues beyond a crappy trigger which is easily fixed.

But if I had a 6 year old gun that broke/ came apart or whatever, I wouldn't be crying that they wouldn't warranty it when it only came with a 2 year warranty
crazy.gif

If the guns are breaking then they have a manufacturing defect or process that needs address. This isn't even my gun but it was a breaking point for me in dealing with their QC issues. I also had a VSF .223 that apparently had the rifling scored radially as if the crown tool bushing had a burr on it. That gun went back and now it does shoot very well but didn't the first go round. It is just tiring and I know what to do know, avoid them like the plague!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223If the guns are breaking then they have a manufacturing defect or process that needs address.

Yes I agree if it is within the warranty period. But you can't expect them to give a lifetime warranty. sadly thats not the way it works. Maybe the gun has been misused and they don't know for sure after that amount of time hence the limited warranty period.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223To be honest before this ordeal I had no idea Rems only had a 2 year warranty and I am wondering how long it has been that way.

Honestly as long as I can remember. I can't say how long for sure though.

All this being said, I obviously don't know if this is misuse, wear over time or a flaw. If its a flaw then too bad it wasn't caught while it was still under warranty. All companies have put out " bad " guns or guns with flaws at one point or another.

Maybe if I had owned something other than rems my whole life I would see other manufactures having issues too, but to me this QC issue at Rem is depressing because I really like my rems and now I don't trust them.
It is just a piling on of what seem to be poorly built firearms as of late that I have had to fight with.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223Maybe if I had owned something other than rems my whole life I would see other manufactures having issues too, but to me this QC issue at Rem is depressing because I really like my rems and now I don't trust them.
It is just a piling on of what seem to be poorly built firearms as of late.

I really like remmy to, but I too have heard of the downslide in their QA/QC.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223I have other complaints with Remingtons turning to crap but today my brother got word that they won't stand behind his 7 years old 11-87 supermag that fell into two pieces while hunting. This gun was never abused but just used for what it is advertised to do. Pathetic! The whole stock and tube that is welded to the receiver fell off. They want 65 to silver solder it on which will burn the camo finish or 300 for a new receiver. I would call everyday until it was warrantied. Remington you build junk and you are a disgrace to the other American manufacturers!
This particular gun always shot abot 6 inches low at 20 yards with any tube or load and his new Versa Max is the same way. My experience with all new Remingtons had been lousy. If I sound rash it is for good reason! Can you say Benneli !

The swift is what has gotten to me the worst. All I wanted was a moa or a hair better swift in a Remington 700. So I picked the only option available and it has been disaster. I am starting to think just getting a Cooper would have been much more cost effective. I don't have the resources at this time to build my own rifles and it can be frustrating when you are at the mercy of the manufacturer. It is basically an expensive crap shoot.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223The swift is what has gotten to me the worst. All I wanted was a moa or a hair better swift in a Remington 700. So I picked the only option available and it has been disaster. I am starting to think just getting a Cooper would have been much more cost effective. I don't have the resources at this time to build my own rifles and it can be frustrating when you are at the mercy of the manufacturer. It is basically an expensive crap shoot.

That does suck. I am building a swift right now, I have all pieces including reamer, just waiting on a barrel I should have in 4-6 weeks. I had a swift in VSF and it was a shooting SOB! I should have kept it.

Ya I have read about how awesome the VSSF II and VSSF and other swifts have shot. I though I was gonna have one when I slapped the cash down on Varmint SF and paid a pile of green for a mint HS stock off of a VSSF II. It is just that my hands are tied and I can't just keeping buying rifles until I get a shooter. Imo they should all shoot or they should be made to shoot. For the first time I feel like that if I want a good quality piece than I need to look else than from Remington and that stinks.

Last edited:
Back