new on here weres all the ohio guys

OK Rob. Well, my wife says I'm getting a little on the husky side so I'm in with ya.

Boby, I haven't really been out. Just been sick and busy. Huntin' season has sucked so far! How about everyone else? Any luck?

Hey how is everyone doing this season? This is my first year actually dedicating myself to hunting coyote but, I was wondering if I could get some pointers. My brother and I have a set up that over-looks a bean field with a grass waterway leading right to our blind. The landowners planted beans in the field this year (first time its been planted in many years) is this going to affect the coyote hunting? I guess i should mention were hunting in the middle of Ohio (Morrow County). If anyone could give us some tips on calling in some 'yotes I would really appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Brandon Gabler

Brandon, ohioyotehntr is the one to talk to on here. He has been more successful than most of us at calling coyotes.
Rudy is a good one to talk to too. Either one can give ya some good tips.

When I have called them in I was using fem lone howls. Havn't had any luck on the distress calls. I guess they have their tummys full around me. lol.

Yeah i'm going to hocking for Wildlife Mgt. It's a nice school there is just nothing to do, I'd really like to find a place to hunt down here.

I would love to get a degree in that. Mine is in Human Services and Corrections. Got it in 03.

I used to hit that gun store up down there and browse between classes. They were a little high if I remember right. And there is the rocky boot place.

There is a state forest right down 33 you could try out. Vinton county isnt too far away, Zeleski State forest there. Supposed to be hogs running around there.

Sunbury, just north of Columbus.

Ordered my first predator gun about a month ago. Rock River Arms Predator Pursuit 20". Got an email from my FFL yesterday that said it was in. Went to pick it up and wouldn't ya know, DELAYED. Oh well, I'm sure I will get a call today saying I got a PROCEED. Can't wait to get a scope on it and try it out.

Any yote hunters nearby?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RootneySunbury, just north of Columbus.

Ordered my first predator gun about a month ago. Rock River Arms Predator Pursuit 20". Got an email from my FFL yesterday that said it was in. Went to pick it up and wouldn't ya know, DELAYED. Oh well, I'm sure I will get a call today saying I got a PROCEED. Can't wait to get a scope on it and try it out.

Any yote hunters nearby?

Oh the dreaded delay...22-250 always gets delayed. He has a sordid past. lol

Im sure you'll get it soon. Welcome to the forum. You picked a good rig to start with for sure.

Back