New Laser Designator

Originally Posted By: smilinIBOriginally Posted By: fireguyty

Good info!

Thanks

I'm a little leary of criticism of a product from someone with one post.

Me too! Makes you wonder if he settled his invoices.

It comes with a scope mount for 1" scopes. Still waiting on machinist friend to finish my 30mm scope mount.

I have around 20hours of burntime on mine... so far, so good (knock on wood), but anything with circuitry is more prone to failure.
Use it everynight out with the dogs. Get a fair amount of time per battery, over 6 hours. Is great for coons way up high.
No snow on the ground yet and I've been playing the gun shuffle for the past month, so I haven't been out calling yet.

Originally Posted By: smilinIBOriginally Posted By: fireguyty

Good info!

Thanks

I'm a little leary of criticism of a product from someone with one post.

Interesting. I, in no way shape or form, consider anyones opinion higher or lower by their post count. I find that some of the people with the higher post counts are usually the people that are full of it. But then, I am weary of anything I read on the internet.

But that's just me.

Originally Posted By: fireguyty I, in no way shape or form, consider anyones opinion higher or lower by their post count.

Good grief, who would? But when someone has ONE post, and it is critical of a new product, anyone with common sense could come to the conclusion that the poster may have an agenda.

Originally Posted By: fireguytyBut then, I am weary of anything I read on the internet.

You didn't come across that way when you said:

Originally Posted By: fireguytyGood info!

Thanks

But that's just me.

I don't know for a fact, but I think it would be because the beam is so opened up, rather than the intense little dot seen on laser pointers. JMO.

I have checked everywhere....no one seems to have then in stock. I have ordered (back ordered) one from two different places but probably won't keep both. If you would like to buy one assuming they both come in let me know.

Got mine from swfa.com

...... now that its cold out, the only time I really need it, it does not work with prolonged exposure to cold .....like when coyote hunting! BSA acknowledged the issue and will not grant a refund for they're defective product!

I think this is the ticket for me... I hunt alone more than I do with a partner, so this would be the ticket for my shots. I can still scan with a spotlight, but for the shot this would work great. My longest shot yet has been 70 yards and they are rarely that far.

Who knows if this will fit a 30mm tube?

The jury is still out for me on this one. I got an ND3 which doesn't work-the beam has dark spots which flicker around, and it will spontaneously dim to near zero, even with fresh batteries. Phone calls to BSA customer service only yield eternal hold and email currently remains unanswered. I will keep y'all posted.

Back