Need opinions on $1,000 .243

The VLS fits your requirements to the T. I love the way a slightly heavier gun holds. I've had my 243 VLS for 8 months now and other that slogging around in 3 feet of snow it is my go to rig. Half MOA or better with hand loads and easily MOA with factory. Works well for paper punching and equally well on dear and songdogs. Hard to beat that.... just my 2 cents.

T

Naber,
I went and checked out a VLS the other day and I must admit it was a bit heavier than I was looking for. The more research I do the more I have been leaning towards either a Remington LSS or SPS Varmint. If I were to get the Varmint I plan on using the extra money for an HS Precision stock to add a little flare while improving accuracy. I like the T3 Varmint but just can't seem to find one in the right price range/caliber or in a store so I can at least shoulder it to get a feel. Does anyone have any experience with any of the rifles mentioned above?

I got a DPMS lr-243 in a trade a few months ago.I am really pleased with it.It is really easy to reload for,it don't like hollow points but loves ballistic tips.Much fun to shoot.It is sort of heavy but if you don't put but 5 or so rounds in the mag that helps.Don't know if you would like one or not.I think I have been lucky.The last few rifles I have bought have shot well.I did change the trigger and that made the rifle I must say.I has not always been so,I have had my share of lemons.

I have a fair bit of experience with the T3 varminter, I love them. They are weighty, but not as bad as most out there. I also have a 700 varminter, the T3 is lighter and balances better. As for not finding any to play with, don't get in too much of a hurry, or you will end up with a 700 varminter like I did haha!

My 3cents are this....TIKKA T-3 lite in 243.
I didn't look through all the responses so if it hasn't been mentioned it has now. Excellent rifle the action is smooth as a babies bottom and it's as accurate as any other if not more and priced right.
Put a Pikatanny rail on it and good glass and find the right bullet powder combo and it'll drive tacks and it's under 800 in most states out the door.

Back