Moving the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

Originally Posted By: ADK"Just gotta make sure this doesn’t get deleted. It’s too good."

I agree Dawg. FW's obsessive,hateful rhetoric aimed toward people of faith does more to expose the agenda of a leftist demigod than anyone could.

I believe the term you were looking for is demagogue, not “demigod”. Then again, with so many Gods out there who knows? It is a confusing business.

Fw, the God of the leftist, antisemetic, un American, racist white males. Lol

I saved this quote a few years back, I think it's worth reposting.

"What I gather from most atheists is that atheism is founded primarily on logic, and logical thinking. If this is the case, why do so many people label themselves atheists? It is not at all logical to be an atheist, and it is not at all logical to be religious. The only thing that is logical is agnosticism. So many atheists seem to forget that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. They seem to forget that neither side of the religious debate has the burden of proof, since neither side has any kind of substantial evidence in support of their argument. In fact, it seems to me, an agnostic, that atheists that blatantly say "there is no god, and there cannot be a god, because... science," are not actually logical people, they are just angry people. For all we know, there COULD be a god. God could just be some extra-terrestrial, or he actually just MIGHT be sovereign over all existence. We don't know, and we may never know-- but that doesn't mean that it's not possible. Likewise, religious folk could be believing in a lot of [beeep]-- and although possible, we may not know.

Neither atheism or theism are logical because both of them cut off possibilities. There is no empirical way for an atheist to say "there is no god," and there is no empirical way for a theist to claim that there is one.

Atheists might say that they hate religion because it makes people commit certain acts-- but that is not atheism, that is hating another human being's beliefs. Atheists might say that religion manipulates the weak, and the poor-- but that doesn't equal atheism, and that doesn't mean that there isn't a god."

So why do you call yourselves atheists? Shouldn't we all be agnostics? As Spock would say, "it is only logical."

-Author unknown-

Maybe swampy but this is what I had in mind:

dem·i·god.

NOUN

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

"some Roman emperors claimed descent from demigods such as Hercules

Originally Posted By: swampwalker

Fw, the God of the leftist, antisemetic, un American, racist white males. Lol

Ahhh, what the heck....
One more won’t matter.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ADKI saved this quote a few years back, I think it's worth reposting.

"What I gather from most atheists is that atheism is founded primarily on logic, and logical thinking. If this is the case, why do so many people label themselves atheists? It is not at all logical to be an atheist, and it is not at all logical to be religious. The only thing that is logical is agnosticism. So many atheists seem to forget that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. They seem to forget that neither side of the religious debate has the burden of proof, since neither side has any kind of substantial evidence in support of their argument. In fact, it seems to me, an agnostic, that atheists that blatantly say "there is no god, and there cannot be a god, because... science," are not actually logical people, they are just angry people. For all we know, there COULD be a god. God could just be some extra-terrestrial, or he actually just MIGHT be sovereign over all existence. We don't know, and we may never know-- but that doesn't mean that it's not possible. Likewise, religious folk could be believing in a lot of [beeep]-- and although possible, we may not know.

Neither atheism or theism are logical because both of them cut off possibilities. There is no empirical way for an atheist to say "there is no god," and there is no empirical way for a theist to claim that there is one.

Atheists might say that they hate religion because it makes people commit certain acts-- but that is not atheism, that is hating another human being's beliefs. Atheists might say that religion manipulates the weak, and the poor-- but that doesn't equal atheism, and that doesn't mean that there isn't a god."

So why do you call yourselves atheists? Shouldn't we all be agnostics? As Spock would say, "it is only logical."

-Author unknown- i

Oh, that’s strange.. I thought we had to believe in a very particular God and support a very particular country, lest we burn in [beeep]..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: swampwalkerOriginally Posted By: ADKI saved this quote a few years back, I think it's worth reposting.

-Author unknown- i

Oh, that’s strange.. I thought we had to believe in a very particular God and support a very particular country, lest we burn in [beeep]..

Looks like he’s out of the closet again Swampy. .......

Originally Posted By: ADK
2. I am a person of faith (I do believe in God)but I do not consider myself to be a devout person. I may lean more to agnosticism than some here will want to believe.

Originally Posted By: ADKI think you and I define agnosticism a bit differently.
grin.gif

Would you prefer an asterisk, or a footnote?
I’m good with either......

And it won’t make any difference in The End.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ADKI think you and I define agnosticism a bit differently.
grin.gif

I may lean more to agnosticism than some here will want to believe.

I could have omitted a sentence from your statement and made it sound even worse, but that would have been dishonest.

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann and her observations on how Mathew 25:32 and Genesis 12:3 are coming into play. She feels the United States is being blessed as a nation because we are blessing Israel.

When considering the following, she might be right:

Trump declares Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Then Trump cuts funding to the United Nations and their future requests for foreign aid. In the meantime, our economy is breaking records and passage of an historic tax cut bill occurs.

Looking back at the Obama years, Obama supported the Palestinians and our country was not very prosperous.

Historically, the United States has supported Israel and has become the richest country in the world.

The economy is not booming because of Israel. It’s booming because of corporate tax cuts. WOW..they must have got to fursniper when he was really young.

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerThe economy is not booming because of Israel. It’s booming because of corporate tax cuts. WOW..they must have got to fursniper when he was really young.

Swampy, did you watch the video?

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: ADKI think you and I define agnosticism a bit differently.
grin.gif

I may lean more to agnosticism than some here will want to believe.

I could have omitted a sentence from your statement and made it sound even worse, but that would have been dishonest.

"He can believe whatever he wants to believe as long as he keeps his mouth shut."

Interesting observation.

From reading these 8 pages I think this should apply to everyone.

After all the insults, jabs, name calling, ranting and railing about what someone else 'should ' believe, all I see are the same old saying the same old and no one's mind has changed.

What do any of you hope to accomplish with these tactics. That is not a rhetorical question. I'd like to know. Religion comes up, the same tired cliches and insults start on cue. Someone gets butt hurt and the mods get really fed up with the same thing over and over.

There are lots of sites on the internet that do nothing except this circle dance. I suppose when the 'Church" gets to be more trouble than it's worth and it gets shut down, those sites will be easy to find. Or they could be found before the church gets burned down.

Back