most accurate 22 pistol?

The Buckmark and Ruger MK's are both great guns, and the Mdl41 is fantastic, but i also really like S&W 22A's, especially the HB with target sights, they are very accurate and very affordable.

I've shot and owned a lot of .22 pistols and all of them, including H&R's, RG's, etc are much more accurate than I can shoot. Unless you shoot a lot of rounds with a pistol, any one that has been mentioned is going to do well for you. I don't have a clue which is the most accurate though.

I would vote for the Ruger MK as accurate. There are slightly more accurate guns available but the ruger is tough & fun. Be prepared to ask for help if you ever want to strip it down.

Your search ends right here.
photo-49.jpg

i have an old hi-standard with a heavy barrel on it..
it is the easiest pistol i have ever shot and is very nicely balanced..
probably rather difficult to find one though..

My Ruger MkII with 10" bull barrel looks a bit weird but shoots extremely well and has proven to be very reliable over the past 20 years.

My Ruger M2 Slabside will shoot inside an inch @ 25 yards with about
anything I load it with. A 4moa aimpoint sits on top. I would buy a 2moa
dot now that they are available.

I'd have to say either the Ruger MKII,Browning Buckmark or the Beretta Model 87 Target.I think either the Ruger or the Beretta are the most accurate out of the 3 but alot of it has to do with what kind of sights the gun has on it.I can shoot pistols with a thin front sight better than I can with a thick front sight that covers up the target.If I were to get a Browning Buckmark I'd want one with a Tru Glo front sight.

Sr22 by Ruger shoots better and has a better feel in my hands than any of the mark1,2,or3 pistols.for target shooting my wife has a S&W target and it shoots better than my 10/22 with a bull barrel.

Last edited:
the bullseye shooters forum can actually answer your question accurately. the ones theyb use are very accurate. sw 41 is a common one i believe. i can tell you my sig/ hammerli trailside is light and accurate. also i had a browning challenger 6 7/8" that was very accurate..

What Smaackem223 said....the Buckman Contour with a red dot or better yet the Eotech or Sight mark holographic sight would be even better!The Buckmark Contour handgun already has the picatanny rail for mounting a sight and is nice accurate hand gun!I have 1 myself and,really like it.

Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660The SW 41 mentioned above is widely regarded as the ultimate 22lr pistol out of the box and sure as heck better be for the price. The buckmark over the ruger unless you plan to tinker with it.

I've owned one Ruger 22/45 and have a Buck Mark. The Buck Mark is more accurate than the Ruger was. I don't want to do any mods to a plinking .22 so it's the Buck Mark for me.

Back