METH sucks

While I agree with many of the things said already....

As you are a part of her family, please help her as much as you possibly can. I agree that people must pay for their crimes. I don't know what your daughter is really like, but I'll give my opinion (which may or may not be worth anything).

A prison record could destroy her. Her time in prison could destroy her physically, emotionally, medically. Once she is out, if she gets out, it could scar her for the rest of her life. Some scars are unbearable, and some can be used to show what has been overcome. Think very carefully. You know her better than us.

You can let the law do whatever they want, or you can help her through the legal process for as much leniency as they will allow.

Bottom line is that she needs love and help. JESUS is the real answer for her. The government programs to help people have a very poor record of success. She will get much more help by being loved through all of this. TEEN CHALLENGE is one good option for the help she needs regarding the drugs. There are probably some more.

The dealers are the ones who should pay much more than those who are just addicts. I think dealers should be tried by an obective jury, have the Gospel of Jesus Christ shared with them, and then....well, you fill in the blank your punishment of choice.

I could go on and on....but PLEASE, get her the real help she needs and love her through the difficult times ahead, whether she deserves it or not...

well i just put a call in for my lawer mark has had the girls for less than one week and he is starting chit already.
looks like i'm going to court to se if i can be dad again

I feel your pain. There is a branch of Alcoholics Anonymous called Al-Anon. This 12 step program is for people whose lives have been affected by a loved one's alcoholism or addiction. You will hear in Al-Anon you did not cause it, you can't control it, and you can't cure it. The "it" is your daughter's addiction. I was addicted to alcohol and drugs until I was 38 years old. My mom never quit praying for me. On March 13th, by the grace of God and the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous I picked up chip for 19 years clean and sober. I went through a divorce a few years ago because of my wife's drug addiction to oxycontin. The only way I was able to deal with the pain of the divorce was by going to Al-Anon and listening to the experience, strength, and hope of people in those meetings. If you will take the time to go to these meetings, you will find that you are not alone. I am sharing this with you because I have experienced the ravages of alcoholism and drug addiction from both sides of the fence. There are AA meetings in every prison in the U.S. Encourage your daughter to attend those meetings.You will find the help you need in Al-Anon. Keep praying for her, Don't miss the miracle 5 minutes before it happens. I will be praying for you and your daughter.

I'm coming to this discussion late. I wear a twenty year service pin on my uniform and have worked narcotics for a long time. Missouri is the Meth capitol of the world and I have never in all my time, ever, seen a more destructive drug. Meth flat out decimates a persons life in every facet and controls them like no other force in their life. Meth will direct every move they make in life until they go to prison or die. I could tell you stories that shake your faith in humanity to the core. I have been part of a task force investigating a cross country meth ring which lead to many federal convictions. But not before some people were shot, and, actual contracts placed on the lives of myself and other members of this task force. Meth is the cause of a man trying to take my life on the job by shooting at me with a .12 gauge. It is the cause of me being forced to return that fire and the consequences of that were the shooter died of complications from gunshot wounds. Not my choice, but as a survivor I live with that result caused by a persons love for Meth more than another humans life. Primarily now I work with young people teaching D.A.R.E. and investigating child abuse and sex crimes against children. Many, many, times I have to renew my vigor and faith for life so as not to lose hope. It can, and, does bog a soul down... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Praying for you cmiddleton.

i went and saw her last night. while she is serching for the lord she is not there yet.
she siad she had not used in the time she was at my house.
she would not have failed that u.a. if she hadn't.
i called her bluff and made her cry. that still hurts.
she admits that this is what she needs and is active in getting help so far.
i hope she keeps trying. she keeps saying she wasn't that bad but she was. she needs to admit that in order to understand how bad what she did was.
she asked me to go to hiland park church and get her a bible they have that comes with study courses, i will.
i also have contacted teen challange and may have a e-mail from them this morning. i stayed up tell 11 o clock last night waiting for it{thats way late at night for me}.
Mark told her he was waiting for us to give him the rest of the girls stuff then he wouldn't alow them to see us anymore. last night he needed a babysitter so you know we had them. he can not stand spending HIS money on anyone but himself so its only a matter of time before they cut into HIS fun times and we will end up raising them. I'm hoping that doesn't happen because they really need a parent. but if he trys to keep them from us i'll take them away from him. we have been nice so far but he should not try to push me around as he needs our help in raising them.

Quote:
she keeps saying she wasn't that bad but she was. she needs to admit that in order to understand how bad what she did was.

You are exactly correct. She has to face her responsibility for her situation. That's the sneaky thing about Meth, some don't even understand how badly it has fragmented their lives. I once was speaking with a contact who wanted to be an informant. This gal wanted to give information about some of her friends using meth. She admitted to me that she had done meth, and, now she didn't want her friends to get too far into it. As she talked of her friends addiction, she also unknowingly revealed much about herself. Her own addiction had caused her a divorce, custody of her two children, her home, her decent paying job, she was currently living in a tent in a local State Park. She told of walking several miles to town to dumpster dive for food behind some fast food resturants. She told of her collapsing and passing out, tooth loss, heart problems, and other health related problems. When she was done I looked at her and said, "Meth sure is a devastating drug." She looked me square in the eye and replied, "You know, it just never affected me too badly..." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

A couple of years later she had a massive seizure and was hospitilized for quite some time. She later died of heart failure. She was in her early 30's... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

gc i know thats the truth but it sure scares me. thats why i'm telling the court to keep her in there.
like i said before i'd rather have her alive in jail then dead on the street.

That’s a difficult situation without a doubt; it’s one that many of us may have to face. I’m sure you will do your best and I hope this turns out OK. Hang in there and don’t let it drag you down.

i will servive with a heavy heart. i'm doing everything i can to help her and just like always the best way to for me to get-er-done is for someone to tell me it can't be done.
i'll get her the help she needs no matter what it takes.
i'm also looking forward to work tomarrow after a week of vacation sorting this stuff out.

Hang in there buddy. If you get a chance go spend a little time in the mountains, even if its a short trip. Being that close to God is good for the soul.

Guy

I really feal for you and wish you and your family the best. Don't lose faith, you can get through this. If you can't change your daughter you can still fight for her children and make a difference in their lives.

I live in Iowa, and meth is pretty bad here too. Each time I see a meth dealer get busted and given a slap on the wrist it sickens me. These guys (mostly guys anyway) are the scum of the earth. I know, I went to school with most of them and they were nothing but trouble then and have only gotten worse. Many of have been arrested more than once for manufacturing or selling meth, but only two of the many in the area have served any time. I wish we could get by with a little "old west" justice and take care of the problem ourselves.

The local law enforcement has done a decent job of making arrests, but the judicial system seems to think that deffered sentences and probation works better than prison time. I don't believe one bit in rahabilitating these guys. They have been trouble all their lives and the only way to stop them is to lock em up and throw away the key. Even the ones that have spent time in prison get out and start back up again.

well fishforsmallies you called that right while i'd like for her dealers to really get nailed i'd like her to get rehabed.
today this wonderful legle system decided that they would set her bond at 660 bucks even with me telling them no bond keep her in tell she gets help. i'm upset about it.
her boyfriand siad he was getting her out. i'd like to kick his a$$.
last week the bond was at 8500 bucks. how did they drop it so drasticly.
i have trust in the police dept too but not in the courts.

Meth does suck. my cuz is on it and now serving time in jail. i use to look up to him as a role model until he offered it to me. then that really changed my oppinion of him. i didnt accept the drugs and left

Quote:
Meth does suck. my cuz is on it and now serving time in jail. i use to look up to him as a role model until he offered it to me. then that really changed my oppinion of him. i didnt accept the drugs and left

good move /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Casey, I feel for you... I'm a firm believer in the "Tough Love" concept and my son got caught up in the booze and pot culture when he was about 17.

He got nailed one night on his motorcycle and one of the officers I worked with called me at 1:00 in the morning and in a backdoor way was willing to let him off with a warning if I would come get him... It was really hard to tell them to put him in the drunk tank at the county jail and I'd get him the next morning... He later wound up getting kicked out of my house for stealing from me and all his belongings were thrown out on the lawn..

He's now almost 40, with a good job as a Sales Manager for an engineering company and has a great family, so there is hope.... Sometimes they just have to bottom out before they can climb back up.

Like GC said, for years MO has been the nation's meth capital and we both have seen how debilitating it can be and how much devastation it can cause to the families of those that get hooked on it.

Hang in there and do what you can for those little girls and be there to listen when your daughter comes around.. With yours and God's help, it will happen.

My oldest son used it a while, with family help and his own realization got him to stop. It is crazy some are 50-60 years old. That stuff is bad news to a lot of unfortunate people that try it. Maybe she will straighten out again, I suppose it is like alcohol, you are never "cured" She may loose her kids, ruin her health, like bone joints, heart and ect. Good luck with helping her, T.20

we were going to keep the girls for thursday and friday to do easter eggs and easter stuff.
but when we heard she was getting out we called and talked to mark about it.
we are trust worthy in his mind to keep the girls but if jody sees them he wants to be there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif i don't blame him but it would turn into a confrontation ending in assault by one or the other in front of the girls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
i'd rather not have them see that.
even though i'd love to have them and atumn is really upset about it i'd rather not have it happen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

It's not called "Crack of the Heartland " for nothin.' I saw a report on the Communist News Network (CNN) the other day that said dealers and manufacturers are adding sweeteners to the stuff to get kids to try it and get hooked. My heart goes out to you cmiddleton.

oh lord WHY? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
they just let her out! just a slap on the hand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
What is wrong with our justice system. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
they don't have a rehab program for women. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif
they set up her in a progam that "I" have to pay for without my permission. NOBODY even discussed this with us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif
I can't pay for it i'm one step from loosing our house allready. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
i don't use drugs why is it my expence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
she is suppose to live at MY house without asking ME. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
IF she brings drugs into my house without me knowing its a federal offence agenst ME due to my firearms. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif
this is way "F'ED" up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif
I guess I'M the problem?????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
SHE is 29 yrs old.
The checks she passed will be thrown out due to a problem with the search warrent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif
i used to think we had the best government /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif now i wish we had the old sovit unions rules and regulations.
our government is absolutly no help at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Last edited:
cmiddleton,my heart goes out to you.Your daughter is an adult,the ones who suffer are the kids and I know you know this better than anyone.The dangers to her kids are real.I had a friend from work whose wife was on meth,he went to court and did all the things a good dad would do to get his son away from her.The court ordered custody to him and a week before x-mas,she was supposed to bring his son to him.When she didn't show up,he called the police and when the police went to her house,she had taken a belt and strangled her 10 year old son to death.She is in prison for life with no parole possible.But my friend lost his only son and will live with that for the rest of his life.

God's love is everlasting,but at some point you have to have your life back.It's not turning your back on your daughter,it's making her face life and the consequences of her actions.Her choices don't mean you have to lose your way of life over her decisions.I'm sorry for the pain your going thru right now and only hope your daughter gets the miracle she needs from God.God Bless you and your family,take care,daveyboy

Back