Man carrying a assault rifle attends Obama protest

Originally Posted By: Rim_RunnerOriginally Posted By: falfanplease tell me how it's going to make it worse than obama being president? My answer to that is posted above

Originally Posted By: falfanAnd where did your vote go?
I voted for Obama. If the GOP wanted my vote they should have come up with someone better than John McCain.

Yes sir rimmy,you and alot of folks decided Obama was better. As far as you guys are concerned,I turn a deaf ear to your whining.You made your bed, now sleep in it.

Oh and Bob T. a big plus 1

Quote:Actions like this are playing right into the hands of the anti's and undoing the gains we have been making over the last few years.

Actions like what? He didn't do anything wrong. It's Arizona and thankfully the 2A is still alive and well here. What's really sad is the reaction coming from folks who live somewhere that the 2A has already been compromised. You poor folks have become so accustomed to your tempered freedom that your jaw drops when you see a free American openly packing in a public place. It's a gun, so what? Carrying an AR slung over your shoulder at a political event is just a novel way of carrying a sign that says "I support the US Constitution". Wish I would have thought of it.

The "Oh my God, he's carrying a gun" viewpoint is what scares me.

Originally Posted By: jimanaz Carrying an AR slung over your shoulder at a political event is just a novel way of carrying a sign that says "I support the US Constitution". Wish I would have thought of it.

If it were a 2nd amendment event you would have a point. Part of this is how out of context this would seem to a lot of people at a event about health care. Like it or not the people who are on the fence on gun rights will be the ones who can help us keep our gun rights. When we do something to send a message we need to be sure that the public is not getting a much different message.

I was in Flagstaff Az about 10 years ago in a gas station fueling up. A biker had a shotgun in a backstrap. I asked if that was legal...he said Hellll yes. I told him I want to move there. It's still on the books to carry open in Las Vegas.

Quote:If it were a 2nd amendment event you would have a point. Part of this is how out of context this would seem to a lot of people at a event about health care.

Sorry, but that's weak at best. Any event, anytime, anyplace, Americans are free within the law to demonstrate and voice their concerns on any matter of their choosing. An administration who's records clearly show anti 2A aspirations demands a showing of 2A support anytime they appear in public.

Whether it is health care or the 2A, it is still a demontration against more govt control. I do have mixed feelings about this. But this group who did openly carry there weapons did it in a right way. They were all neatly dressed and behaved appropriately. They were not spouting some right wing anti govt militia filth. Just ask yourself what you thought of when first heard about this event. I bet you envisioned some half drunk redneck, with some anti govt slogan on his shirt waving his gun around. I was happy to see it was the opposite. From information I gathered they even contacted the local PD and informed them of what they were doing before hand.

Quote:I voted for Obammy. If the GOP wanted my vote they should have come up with someone better than John McCain.

as far as I'm concerned anyone who voted for obammy voted against the 2A and the bill of rights. he would like nothing better then to destroy the rights of Legal Americans

by the way RR,thats a poor excuse why you voted for obammy,there were others running that were 100% better.

Maybe the perfect protest to get ignored by the press would be to carry a long barrelled rifle (where legal of course) with a sign attatched to the end stating something along these lines.

"YOUR FREE SPEACH IS ONLY PROPPED UP BY MY FREEDOME TO BEAR ARMS"

I think it's a great idea to open carry where permitted.
Just as much so as open speach where permitted!!(as at town hall meetings)

A 50 cal snipper rifle would make a good prop

Originally Posted By: jeffoI say shoot everyone you don't agree with. Especially union thugs and public school teachers. That'll teach 'em.
Oh brother!!

When I see people carrying, the first thing I wonder is what type, model and what rounds are they using.
Protecting freedoms is not selective. They are all interwoven. Healthcare takeover is a step closer to cutting a tread that would loose the weave.
HooRay for Phoenix.

Originally Posted By: jeffoI say shoot everyone you don't agree with. Especially union thugs and public school teachers. That'll teach 'em.

Aren't they frequently one and the same?

Quote:I voted for Obama. If the GOP wanted my vote they should have come up with someone better than John McCain.

This statement speaks volumes about you RR.

Droopy, They will be working on this in short order....

Quote:Just as much so as open speach where permitted!!(as at town hall meetings)

Town Hall Meetings, Talk Radio, Internet Forums, etc...Will be extinct if some of the Libs have their way...

One of the IL reps was going to host a TH meeting and charge admission to get the chance to talk to her...I wonder how her constituents feel about that fee???

Many of them are now only allowing admission by prearranged ticket distribution...and they control who get the tickets..

Originally Posted By: jimanaz Quote:Actions like this are playing right into the hands of the anti's and undoing the gains we have been making over the last few years.

Actions like what? He didn't do anything wrong. It's Arizona and thankfully the 2A is still alive and well here. What's really sad is the reaction coming from folks who live somewhere that the 2A has already been compromised. You poor folks have become so accustomed to your tempered freedom that your jaw drops when you see a free American openly packing in a public place. It's a gun, so what? Carrying an AR slung over your shoulder at a political event is just a novel way of carrying a sign that says "I support the US Constitution". Wish I would have thought of it.

Amen !!!! +1

Originally Posted By: BohunterNYWhat part of "KEEP AND BEAR" still manages to elude you?

Yep , thats what he was doing !!!

Back