Man carrying a assault rifle attends Obama protest

Yotesackbuster, I agree with your viewpoint 100%... but,

Quote:It was good eneough for the black panthers in Oakland back in the 60's Its good enough for us now
I was patrolling on the downtown streets of Kansas City MO when the Black Panthers were openly carrying weapons on the streets and I can tell you first hand, it really made a lot of us extremely nervous, even though the ones carrying them were legally doing so...(No conviction records, within State Law, etc)..

The potential for one of them to inadvertently point one and receive what would have been deemed "Defensive" fire from an officer would have sparked a whole different set of problems than what we were normally facing...And believe me, they pushed the point every chance they got...

You would have had to have been 'on the streets' following the Watts Riot in LA... All the larger cities were tinderboxes, just waiting for a match of any kind...we were all really jumpy.. The 1968 National Welfare Demonstrations sparked riots where the patrol cars were drawing sniper type fire from the fire escapes of the various buildings...The SDS/Weatherman factions were burning ROTC buildings on various college campuses...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleA lot of states have restrictions on carrying weapons to and into "Public Meetings" and while I agree that criminals don't respect the law, that kind of display is really counter productive to the goals of most firearms owners...

It's too bad that our national situation has reached the point that citizens feel they have to make a point by such actions..

+1

Keeps the creeps on thier toes, don't it.
If there were some violations of the law here, I'm sure it would have been upheld.
We are seeing freedom at work. I like the view.......

admittedly, I avoid MSM as much as possible, but I did not hear about this until reading it here. I agree with others that if it had been a white man it probably would have been a different/bigger story. That being said, I would bet my paycheck that man was only 2.5 lbs away from a dirt nap the entire time the president was on the ground.

Conservatives do come in all colors. This one is indeed a minority. Yes, he is conservative just by his actions here. He is actually doing interviews with the press. At this time in our history, I wecome him amongst us.

What is an "assault" rifle? Must be related to an "assault" baseball bat? Or, an "assault" knife? Or, an "assault" compound bow? Where does it quit?

IMO, if the guy is exercising his Constitutional freedoms, what is the big deal? If that is stopped, then we might as well limit freedom of the press, speech, etc., which would close down this board.

This is a quandry..he has the right, he is legally carrying etc etc. The MSM & other enemies of 2nd Ammendment will get the panties in a knot. Libs will gasp and perhaps demand controls...they'll get them if a shot rings out and a citizen hits the dirt nap.

Lets excercise our rights [beeep] yeah! But, lets be wary of usurpers who wish to damage those rights through seemingly embracing those rights.

IMHO
T2G

My worry about this is, I have seen several man on the street style interviews on TV and in Newspapers in the last several months talking about Gun control and the ammo shortage etc, and several people were saying I do not own firearms but I support the second amendement because if we lose this amendment we will lose others. If these men and women start seeing more and more guns in the streets alot of them might start worrying about their kids or innocent people being shot, and we will lose their support, then where will be? I agree he has the right to do it but is it in the best interest of our rights?

montalaska

Originally Posted By: UtahRobOriginally Posted By: sweatybettymaybe you guys should read the 2nd ammendment. it is a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT.

Displaying and using his CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT, HOW DARE HIM !!!

What have we come to in this country !!! LOL .

IF they weren't obammy plants, like the "doctor" he planted at another town hall meeting. I wouldn't put it past him to do this to make us look bad. The dummycrats will try ANYTHING if they think they can cause a stir.

Please tell me how what this man did hurts the image of the average gun toting citizen? A lot of y'all are acting like he commited some sort of crime, from what I can tell is he didn't. Gunowners spend there life in fear of offending someone for what we enjoy and embrace, isn't it time to say the [beeep] with what others think?
Although the anti's now have a new talking point, it didn't change their stance on guns. And really don't see it changing anyones minds about guns.
I hope this is a signal to gunowners that ,if it's legal, to stand up for our rights. Even if it means showing what we are capable of.

Originally Posted By: falfanNot sure if I would do the same thing, but I certainly feel he has the right. Plus, I can't see where it's hurting our cause, the people who hate guns don't need a reason.

10 RING! One for Greg too.

you can count on the fact a police sniper rifle was aimed at his back the entire time.The interveiw I saw with the police seemed to be 100% in this guys favor. kinda a Nod Nod
wink wink kinda impression.I was really suprised to see he had a 30rd mag in the rifle as well.

He said the rifle was not loaded but he carried a cupple of 'ready' mags. he also is sporting a sidearm & if I observed right, he's left-handed. He was accompanied by 4 or 5 others who were armed with sidearms as well. He was also 'outside the safe perimeter' of the 'Obasm'.
I see nothing to fret. If you no want any $#2! dont start any. Good advice.

Originally Posted By: redeyeddawgOriginally Posted By: Rim_Runneractions like this are not doing us any good.

You should've thought that before voting for Obambi. stunts like this will do more damage than anyone's vote.

AZ is an open carry state.

There is always a secured perimeter. I'd bet money that obama was never close to that perimeter.

This guy was well clear of it & breaking no laws. if I were still living there I prolly would have been packing openly as well, but a sidearm. I never really gave much though to carrying a rifle down town, but it's perfectly legal there & has been since it was a territory.

Originally Posted By: Rim_RunnerOriginally Posted By: redeyeddawgOriginally Posted By: Rim_Runneractions like this are not doing us any good.

You should've thought that before voting for Obambi. stunts like this will do more damage than anyone's vote.

please tell me how it's going to make it worse than obama being president? And where did your vote go?

Originally Posted By: falfan Although the anti's now have a new talking point, it didn't change their stance on guns. And really don't see it changing anyones minds about guns.
It's not about the anti's, you're correct in thinking that their minds are already made up and they aren't going to change. The thing to consider is that the vast majority of people don't care about guns one way or the other. These people may not have a gun but they don't care that I have do. For years the anti's have been trying to convince there people that gun owners are unstable and are a danger to them. For the past few years gun owners have been proving to the middle that we are stable and law abiding citizens who pose no danger to the public. Actions like this are playing right into the hands of the anti's and undoing the gains we have been making over the last few years.

Originally Posted By: falfanplease tell me how it's going to make it worse than obama being president? My answer to that is posted above

Originally Posted By: falfanAnd where did your vote go?
I voted for Obama. If the GOP wanted my vote they should have come up with someone better than John McCain.

I guess we can agree to disagree, as always. My parents & grandparents are all gone but if they were ever at a politcal gathering & were openly intimidated by thugs, armed or unarmed, it would only happen one time & then it would be 'from my cold dead hands!' that it would finish.
Thats where we the free are screwing up. We are subjects in the eyes of the libtards.
It is our right by GOD & gauranteed by the Constitution to self defense & thats that.

Back