Low cost thermal

nothing wrong with keeping that photon for a buddy to use whenever you do wind up getting a bigger better deal on the rifle

I'm also in the market for my first thermal scanner/NV scope setup and it seems that I'm looking at the same setup as you. My question is for anyone seasoned with this stuff, would I be ok seeing as I wear progressive lens?? (Bi-focals)?? Not sure what kind of eye relief I would get with a NV scope

Originally Posted By: West.Mass.HunterI'm also in the market for my first thermal scanner/NV scope setup and it seems that I'm looking at the same setup as you. My question is for anyone seasoned with this stuff, would I be ok seeing as I wear progressive lens?? (Bi-focals)?? Not sure what kind of eye relief I would get with a NV scope

I can't speak for the scope but I wear progressive too and there is no issue at all with the HD19A. I did have an issue with a FLIR, but none with the Quantum.

so i received my stuff in the mail yesterday, immediately went out and sighted it in and went to the woods. i am blown away. i love the photon and thermal combination. only thing i had issues with was loosing my night vision from looking into the thermal. i havent had time to read the book on the pulsar but i need to figure out if there is a temperature range i can change. for example only show temperature white over 85 degrees. i will look into it more but i did shoot a coon at 80 yards with the photon! i am pumped to get it out again once i learn all the little settings on both.

Originally Posted By: West.Mass.HunterI'm also in the market for my first thermal scanner/NV scope setup and it seems that I'm looking at the same setup as you. My question is for anyone seasoned with this stuff, would I be ok seeing as I wear progressive lens?? (Bi-focals)?? Not sure what kind of eye relief I would get with a NV scope

i think you will be alright, there is plenty of eye relief on it. if you do go with a photon, at night take the rubber off and its 10x better in my opinion

X2 just pull that floppy rubber thing off and you'll have similar eye relief to a regular scope. But you'll have some light that washes back on you so you might want a butler creek to cover it until you get ready to shoot.

When I first start using the thermal and NV set up I couldn't switch but now after a month of hunting I can with no issue. At first it was terrible and blinded me big time but apparently I have adjusted.

i was amazed at how much better the sight picture was without the rubber piece. and there is no way i wouldve been able to switch over quickly at least. everytime i would put down the thermal imager i had a huge black spot in that eye when tried to look without it

Back