Low cost thermal

Another thing with the photon is they won't work in the woods worth a hoot. Too much IR reflection and wash etc. The photon work best in the wide open.
In the wet woods you will need the lowest onboard ir setting.

Last edited:
Another thing with the photon is they won't work in the woods worth a hoot. Too much IR reflection and wash etc. The photon work best in the wide open
In the wet woods you will need the lowest onboard ir setting.

Ughhh another duplicate post I can't delete lol.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chaney2169I ended up ordering the combo we have been talking about ld19a and the photon I'm pumped to get it in
Don't forget an IR to mount on the side it will more than double the photons distance and they are only 40 bucks.
Yep, you should be in the game solid. Ain't no turnin back now lol!

Last edited:
You'll love thus setup! I run an X-SIGHT with a ld19a that I just got yesterday... Of coarse I just had to go out last night... Ill never hunt with out thermal again again

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Originally Posted By: Chaney2169I ended up ordering the combo we have been talking about ld19a and the photon I'm pumped to get it in
Don't forget an IR to mount on the side it will more than double the photons distance and they are only 40 bucks.
Yep, you should be in the game solid. Ain't no turnin back now lol!

I better be it sure is an expensive game!! And yes I already ordered he add on it light lol

Originally Posted By: johncraddock445You'll love thus setup! I run an X-SIGHT with a ld19a that I just got yesterday... Of coarse I just had to go out last night... Ill never hunt with out thermal again again

I'm like a kid on xmas eve. I'm chomping at the bit. I actually bought a new rifle I was going to sight in and hunt with this weekend but now I'm just going to wait until I get the new scope since 243 ammo is so high! I'm going to run that superformance ammo in it and at 30 bucks a box I don't want to sight it in multiple times! How do you like the xsight? I was torn between that and the photon

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chaney2169Originally Posted By: johncraddock445You'll love thus setup! I run an X-SIGHT with a ld19a that I just got yesterday... Of coarse I just had to go out last night... Ill never hunt with out thermal again again

I'm like a kid on xmas eve. I'm chomping at the bit. I actually bought a new rifle I was going to sight in and hunt with this weekend but now I'm just going to wait until I get the new scope since 243 ammo is so high! I'm going to run that superformance ammo in it and at 30 bucks a box I don't want to sight it in multiple times! How do you like the xsight? I was torn between that and the photon

a guy just spends over $2000 on equipment to pop a few stinky critters at night but is worried about spending $30 for a box of ammunition.

go figure. lol

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Chaney2169Originally Posted By: johncraddock445You'll love thus setup! I run an X-SIGHT with a ld19a that I just got yesterday... Of coarse I just had to go out last night... Ill never hunt with out thermal again again

a guy just spends over $2000 on equipment to pop a few stinky critters at night but is worried about spending $30 for a box of ammunition.

go figure. lol

Hahahahaha that is awesome I never thought about it that way. But really there's no point in sighting it in just to put a new scope on it 2 days later lol.

I'll be getting the Leupold LTO Tracker Thermal next week for scanning, which most of my scanning will be roughly 50 yards -/+ and I'll be using my ATN X-Sight which should work well with each other.

Just put 2 males down. One is pretty big. This is my first solo double ever. I was less than smooth fumbling between the xd19a and the rifle with my photon and probably should have taken more time on the shots. One made it about 15 yards into the brush against the creek and it took a few m9nutes to find him with the thermal but they are in the truck bed now.....You are in for some fun with your new set up on the way. Night hunting with thermal is just awesome......period!

Last edited:
I get it Wednesday. Hopefully sight it in Wednesday afternoon and have some fur on the ground Wednesday night. I'm guessing I'm going to have some rough mornings at work lol

congratulations by the way, do you take any footage while in the field? i havent purchased the dvr for the scope yet. i want to make sure i like it before digging any deeper in my pockets. i am sure i will love it but i will try it before i start researching dvrs.

I don't have a dvr. I wish I did but I am thinking I will own a Pulsar Trail xq38 before next fall and it will have audio and video built in.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that I will stay happy with my photon but I'm sure once I start using my thermal scanner it's going to make me want a thermal scope

Originally Posted By: Chaney2169I'm hoping that I will stay happy with my photon but I'm sure once I start using my thermal scanner it's going to make me want a thermal scope

Count on it!

Originally Posted By: weekenderOriginally Posted By: Chaney2169I'm hoping that I will stay happy with my photon but I'm sure once I start using my thermal scanner it's going to make me want a thermal scope

Count on it!

not what i wanted to hear weekender! lol

You might as well start saving for a thermal scope now!
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Back