LED Hunting Lights

I just acquired this one today.. haven't taken it out to the field just yet but it sure illuminates better than my Surefire E2D LED Defender w/red filter..

http://www.lighthound.com/Solar-Force-LC-1-Red-Drop-In-for-L2-Flashlight-Single-Mode-_p_3968.html

http://www.lighthound.com/Solarforce-L2-...zed_p_2629.html

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

-Juanjo

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERDoes it have an adjustable beam?

No it doesn't , it does have a decent spot with generous flood.. Probably good for 200yrds give or take.

Juanjo

Can I ask why you paint the reflector black? I noticed a post earlier where skypup put a smooth reflector on his olight and saw massive improvement.

Originally Posted By: BumrushCan I ask why you paint the reflector black? I noticed a post earlier where skypup put a smooth reflector on his olight and saw massive improvement.
If you are using a regular flat lens (clear glass or plastic), then a smooth shiny reflector will increase the beam throw. If you painted the reflector black for a flat lens light, it would kill the beam.
If you are using an ASPHERIC curved lens, then the light emitted from the LED is directly FOCUSED by the aspheric lens into a very tight beam of light. Any light that gets reflected from the reflector will not be focused properly by the aspheric lens. It would create undesirable artifacts (weird alteration) in the beam. If you paint the reflector flat black, then the beam artifacts are reduced (for a focused aspheric lens).

I was looking around and found a Cree RQO6 XM-LT6 ( red emitter ) that they claim puts out 1200 lumens versus the Cree Q5 at 300 lumens. I have E-mailed the company to find more information. Any body else see one or use the RQ06 XM-LT6 light?

That will be interesting. I don't believe that Cree makes the XM-L LED, T6 flux/bin or any other bin, in any colors other than slight variations of white light.

Originally Posted By: Tom P.

I was looking around and found a Cree RQO6 XM-LT6 ( red emitter ) that they claim puts out 1200 lumens versus the Cree Q5 at 300 lumens. I have E-mailed the company to find more information. Any body else see one or use the RQ06 XM-LT6 light?

Heard back from the company the Cree RQ06 XM-LT6 is a white emitter, it was listed incorrectly.....darn.

Solarforce makes very good lights. You won't be disappointed you bought one. That drop-in is really nice and the LED it uses has the second highest surface brightness of any LED on the market (Cree XPC having the highest surface brightness but is better in aspheric setups). Surface brightness determines how far a beam shines. Let us know how it works out for you.

I put in an order with dealextreme back around the 20th of Nov, still haven't recieved it...now starting into the season an I still don't have a decent light to hunt with...

Originally Posted By: pmackI'm sure you'll like it. I'm over a month on an HS802 from DealExtreme, getting a little frustrated.

did your HS-802 ever show up. How do you like it? I have the xlr-250 and this looks like the same light (with a white LED)

Originally Posted By: yotebuster1200Originally Posted By: pmackI'm sure you'll like it. I'm over a month on an HS802 from DealExtreme, getting a little frustrated.

did your HS-802 ever show up. How do you like it? I have the xlr-250 and this looks like the same light (with a white LED)

Yotebuster that was almost a year ago. I got it but I like the Skyray better, my son uses the 802 on his gun.

Last edited:
Found this thread very useful. I was wondering if anyone knows what size of butler creek flip up scope cover the ultrafire light would take just ordered one from gadgettown and cant figure out which size to get. I ordered the red led from DX but who knows how long til it gets here also ordered the skyray can't have to many lights I guess.

Originally Posted By: pmackOriginally Posted By: yotebuster1200Originally Posted By: pmackI'm sure you'll like it. I'm over a month on an HS802 from DealExtreme, getting a little frustrated.

Yotebuster that was almost a year ago. I got it but I like the Skyray better, my son uses the 802 on his gun.

I am thinking about getting one just to compare it to the kill light. Does the Skyray have better throw than the 802?

Originally Posted By: lukeynhttp://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/show...544#post3834544

Check out that link Juanjo

Yep it's about right.. It's good for about 100 yards with this setup, went deer hunting the other day and I couldn't resist checking out the light after it got dark and it does show a good 100yard light .. I liked it, but not really ideal for predator hunting at long distances.. Mainly wanted this as a dual purpose predator and varmint light but doesn't seem likely this will see any predator hunting .. I use my lightforce 170 for that.. Still can't beat this combo for a great light for the price
smile.gif

Thanks,

-Juan

Back