Learned a awesome trick from a old timer.

You gotta make sure you get the oskar meyer select cut bacon, it works the best. Just kidding, but I am serious as a heart attack this realy works here.

Originally Posted By: hoovertx4You gotta make sure you get the oskar meyer select cut bacon, it works the best. Just kidding, but I am serious as a heart attack this realy works here.

At least the OP has a sense of humor.
grin.gif

Ok, those were funny, and i can use funny on a monday. We can't use bait here but a lot of us would in this area because theres lots of dogs and they have heard every call ever made since they were pups.

That just makes it that much better when you knock them down.

Carlos,
Ease up buddy. It's all in fun here. None of what I read was mean spirited at all. Just a funny post. Well enough for now, I've got to get to the Piggly Wiggly to get some bacon.
tt2.gif

Oh, and I'll bet your namesake would have snipered some NVA gooks had they come to a can of bacon back in Nam.

Last edited:
Probably works for the overweight male yotes....the females are all on diets....I still think I couldn't keep my 12 y/o son out of the can....

FWIW, a lot of trappers use bacon grease in a dirthole set. They say it makes the coyote work the set harder.

I've never tried it myself, but I can sort of see how it could have appeal.

Quote:I'm going to try some of the microwave bacon. I have a portable generator, that way I don't have to mess with the charcoal....I don't think the fact that it's cooked is as relevant as the point that it's being cooked...When I wake up in the morning and Momma Turtle is frying bacon, I get a better appetite smelling it, than when she just says "Come and get it."...
tongue_smilie.gif

Is there a plug in on my caller to heat the bacon? Okay Foxpro we need a heater/smoker connection. And we want the remote to change scents.

Hoovertx4,the sooner you kill a coyote over bacon, the sooner you can put a ring in the nose of the hog hecklers! Send pictues of your kill !!

Back