Learned a awesome trick from a old timer.

Whatever works!
thumbup.gif

It's too bad the moderator has to be so sarcastic with negative comments. That's why I hate posting on these forums and was reluctant to start. Somebody has to jump down your throat if you come up with something different. It's obviously working for the guy if he killed 37 coyotes with it. I'm going to try it and if it works I'm posting pictures for venatic to choke on.

Carlos

Just make sure you take plenty of ammo ... you're gonna be covered up with coyotes!

Please don't go alone, you could be mistaken for the biggest piece of bacon they've ever seen.

Good Luck & make sure you presoak your charcoal with lots of lighter fluid the night before!

Wow. I guess the sarcasm is catching. I thought predatormasters was a place to get away from members running others down. I guess I was told wrong. This place is the same as the rest. Even the moderators pile on.

Not sure what you're getting so offended at Carlos, his comments weren't even directed at you, and truthfully I didn't even take them as negative...just having a little fun with the idea of frying bacon to kill coyotes. Lighten up...

People are just having fun with the information. Good grief. If you expect everybody to revere you as the almighty hunter who cannot be questioned then your head is too [beeep] big.

It could be that Venatic was being a smartazz... Or, it could be that some folks are too thin skinned for the Internet.

Originally Posted By: AWSI can see it now, Hickory smoked vs Mesquite smoked in the east and west and do you need to use Canadian Bacon north of the 49th.

Gear:
Primos Bacon cookers and carry pouch.

Video
"Make-N-Bacon" 41 coyotes in 21 days with Oscar Meyer.

Sounds
Foxpros "Sizzling Bacon"

lol.gif
come on Carlos tell me you don`t see the humor in this? Hey if this trick works well for hoover, then more power to him. I have never tried the `bacon trick`, but I`m a little skeptical on how effective it would be. Almost gotta throw the BS Flag on this one.

I'd be a little worried about setting a fire. Maybe I'll soak my boots in bacon grease. Should help water proof, too.

wow! does this guy have any contact w/ human males? we all poke , prod, tease and talk shizz.... nature of the beast....the PM members have hammered me on posts....i talk it right back and learn/learned from most of it......and i thank my fellow members...... take it how you will carlos....

Originally Posted By: Carlos HalfcockIt's too bad the moderator has to be so sarcastic with negative comments. That's why I hate posting on these forums and was reluctant to start. Somebody has to jump down your throat if you come up with something different. It's obviously working for the guy if he killed 37 coyotes with it. I'm going to try it and if it works I'm posting pictures for venatic to choke on.

I am sorry you were offended and I wish you luck on your bacon campaign. No harm was intended or implied just being humorous.
Keep us posted.

How many bacon cooking stands can a guy get in in one day?

It seems like the coyote that is down wind of where the bacon cooking is going to take place would smell the bacon cooker before he cooked the bacon.

Do coyotes that come into the smell of bacon cooking circle around to the upwind side to see if it is really bacon cooking?

If a bunch of guys start doing this bacon cooking trick you may have to switch it up and cook sausage, fish or broccoli.

I just have to believe that distress sounds that a coyote can hear from all directions may work better than the smell of cooking bacon that the coyote can only smell straight down wind of the cooking bacon.
confused.gif

I'm poor.....would bacon bits out of a can that are used for salads work the same if I sprinkle them on the ground?
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Last edited:
I wonder if you could just use bacon grease, no sense in wasting good bacon if all they're interested in is the scent. Just take a sealed jar of bacon grease, unscrew the lid and heat it up, if the stand is blank just screw the lid back on and move camp. Sounds good in theory anyway...

Back