JoeBob's Outfitters - Review

I am just about done with my latest AR build. I ordered all of my accessories for my last one about a year ago from Joe Bobs and everything went great. Great prices and great shipping just like everyone says. Well this go around I spent some time on AR15.com looking at pictures deciding what I wanted. I really spread the wealth around on this last build.

My first order for this build was to a "tacticool" place in L.A. on the west coast not LA on the gulf coast. They were having a 20% off all Magpul products, and the prices before the discount were on par with everyone else, how I could go wrong. Well I placed a healthy $250 order and received my parts about a week later on a Friday. Well I open it up and about half the order was missing. It’s Friday evening so I have to wait until Monday to talk to them. When you call for customer service and leave multiple messages no one calls you back. When I called about the 5th time and made the selection for government sales it barely got thru half a ring and a lady picks up the phone. She transfers me to customer service. Apparently they only take inside calls not public calls. The CS lady spoke broken English at best. Spanish was not her first language either; however she was very fluent in gangsta rap. After 20 minutes on the phone I cancelled the remainder of my order. The most expensive item on my order was a black CTR stock. They didn’t even show that on my order even though I have an invoice they emailed with it listed and included in the price billed. So no big deal live and learn mental note never order form this place again.

The next place I wanted to place an order from was a place on the east coast. I have been to the east coast, people there are nice. Still have the same feeling about people there, but I placed the order last Friday (seven days ago exactly) just got an email today stating my order has shipped. From what I understand this place is a one man operation and has good prices so no real complaint here I just shouldn’t be so impatient.

So anyway back to what I logged in for. I still needed CTR and some sights for my build so I got on to Joe Bobs website Monday night. Filled my cart with all the cool stuff I wanted including YHM sights and a CTR Commercial Black stock. Then I decided it would better to wait until the next day to place the order from work because my internet at home is terrible. The next day I go to place the order and the CTR I want is out of stock.
angry.gif
angry.gif
cry.gif
So I am really bummed now. So that night when I get home I looked at all the stocks and decide on the ACS and I placed my whole order. It all ships the next day and is here for the weekend. LOOOOONNNNNGGG story short you could put up with all the BS I did trying to save 5 bucks here and $6.93 there or you could just order from Joe Bobs and be happy. Like Psycho Dog said wish you were in Tulsa better yet Muskogee. Oddly enough I have no qualms spending three hours searching the internet trying to save 20 buck s on a 300 dollar gun parts order but I feel like a douche putting a free t shirt in my cart. I did get a sticker though and used the PM code to get 5% off the whole order. I will get the shirt next time.

Joseph even if you took a crap in my box, as long as it was wrapped in a free t-shirt to keep it off all my parts you will still get my business from now on. Sorry I strayed. You are awesome as always. I value customer service very much and I appreciate yours. Guys you can’t go wrong. Sorry for the really long post.

Originally Posted By: HereticAll this talk of good prices and customer service...Now I'm thinking of selling a rifle so I can spend the money at JoeBob's!

And I just did! Called to ask about a coupon code and a free t-shirt. Glad I made the min $50 order!!! 2 sets of KNS antiwalk pins.

Thanks, JoeBob!

Crap!!! I totally forgot to put the free t-shirt in my cart before I checked out. I just received my New Frontier lower, CTR, and Ergo grip today and am more than pleased, as usual, with the great service, product, and super fast shipping, however, I really wish I would've remembered the t-shirt. That's twice I've made qualifying orders and have forgot to add the t-shirt. I'd be on my way to half a weeks worth of Joe Bobs attire if I wasn't so forgetful. Hmmmm.... what do I need next???

H82Miss
(H82forgettshirts)

Back