JoeBob's Outfitters - Review

I placed my first order with JoeBob's today. I called them to make sure the items were in stock and to make sure they would be in my hands by the weekend. They were OOS on the magpul moe handgaurd I needed, but they had the JP spring kit. So, I just ordered the spring kit over the phone. The guy who took my order said he would go right then and pull the order so it would go out today. He also asked me if I'd like a free Tee shirt. Not to bad for a measly $10 order!

Originally Posted By: whitedogoneI placed my first order with JoeBob's today. I called them to make sure the items were in stock and to make sure they would be in my hands by the weekend. They were OOS on the magpul moe handgaurd I needed, but they had the JP spring kit. So, I just ordered the spring kit over the phone. The guy who took my order said he would go right then and pull the order so it would go out today. He also asked me if I'd like a free Tee shirt. Not to bad for a measly $10 order!

Which handguard? We had some more hit us late today and have more hitting us tomorrow. Our suppliers/freight have been running behind a few days as of recently.

I first learned of JoeBob's here on PM. Since then I have ordered several items and all has been good. They are the first place I go to when I need something. They have not had what I wanted a time or two but their service is good to go. The only thing I wish they would change is their ship method. They use USPS which is bad slow and no tracking. I know they do this to save us a little money but I like to know when my stuff is going to arrive.

Originally Posted By: meat hunterI first learned of JoeBob's here on PM. Since then I have ordered several items and all has been good. They are the first place I go to when I need something. They have not had what I wanted a time or two but their service is good to go. The only thing I wish they would change is their ship method. They use USPS which is bad slow and no tracking. I know they do this to save us a little money but I like to know when my stuff is going to arrive.

Hope they didn't use the post office for my order. Sometimes they can take forever and sometimes they are pretty quick. Ussually not a big deal....but if you need something my a certain date they aren't the best choice.

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersOriginally Posted By: whitedogoneI placed my first order with JoeBob's today. I called them to make sure the items were in stock and to make sure they would be in my hands by the weekend. They were OOS on the magpul moe handgaurd I needed, but they had the JP spring kit. So, I just ordered the spring kit over the phone. The guy who took my order said he would go right then and pull the order so it would go out today. He also asked me if I'd like a free Tee shirt. Not to bad for a measly $10 order!

Which handguard? We had some more hit us late today and have more hitting us tomorrow. Our suppliers/freight have been running behind a few days as of recently.

Magpul Moe black Carbine

Originally Posted By: meat hunterI first learned of JoeBob's here on PM. Since then I have ordered several items and all has been good. They are the first place I go to when I need something. They have not had what I wanted a time or two but their service is good to go. The only thing I wish they would change is their ship method. They use USPS which is bad slow and no tracking. I know they do this to save us a little money but I like to know when my stuff is going to arrive.

Unfortunately fedex is REALLY expensive for small items, especially with rural routes and residential surcharges. No joke, a single box of ammo can cost up to, if not more, than $10 in some circumstances. We lose money on shipping on many orders even if the customer paid for it.

Its hard to keep everyone happy, unfortunately. Some people want shipping for dirt cheap or free and others want it super fast for dirt cheap or free. If you want a faster shipping option (Fedex) then the heavier/larger $ orders ship Fedex or you can select Fedex on a small order to get it to ship Fedex but of course you'd have to pay the difference.

Quote:Magpul Moe black Carbine

Commercial or MilSpec? We have both in stock now. MAG400/MAG401-BLACK

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersOriginally Posted By: meat hunterI first learned of JoeBob's here on PM. Since then I have ordered several items and all has been good. They are the first place I go to when I need something. They have not had what I wanted a time or two but their service is good to go. The only thing I wish they would change is their ship method. They use USPS which is bad slow and no tracking. I know they do this to save us a little money but I like to know when my stuff is going to arrive.

Unfortunately fedex is REALLY expensive for small items, especially with rural routes and residential surcharges. No joke, a single box of ammo can cost up to, if not more, than $10 in some circumstances. We lose money on shipping on many orders even if the customer paid for it.

Its hard to keep everyone happy, unfortunately. Some people want shipping for dirt cheap or free and others want it super fast for dirt cheap or free. If you want a faster shipping option (Fedex) then the heavier/larger $ orders ship Fedex or you can select Fedex on a small order to get it to ship Fedex but of course you'd have to pay the difference.

Quote:Magpul Moe black Carbine

Commercial or MilSpec? We have both in stock now. MAG400/MAG401-BLACK

We're talking Handguard here......didn't know there was comm and milspec handguards. r

Originally Posted By: meat hunterI think JoeBob got confused. The MAG400/MAG401 are collapsable stocks.

That is correct
blink.gif
. I must have been on the phone at the same time as typing.

The MAG-440-BLACK's (Carbine black handguards) are now back in stock.

All this talk of good prices and customer service...Now I'm thinking of selling a rifle so I can spend the money at JoeBob's!

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersUnfortunately fedex is REALLY expensive for small items, especially with rural routes and residential surcharges. No joke, a single box of ammo can cost up to, if not more, than $10 in some circumstances. We lose money on shipping on many orders even if the customer paid for it.

Kinda like the old saying,

"You can have it done fast, done cheap, or done right. Choose two."
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: KlrDrvrOriginally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersUnfortunately fedex is REALLY expensive for small items, especially with rural routes and residential surcharges. No joke, a single box of ammo can cost up to, if not more, than $10 in some circumstances. We lose money on shipping on many orders even if the customer paid for it.

Kinda like the old saying,

"You can have it done fast, done cheap, or done right. Choose two."
smile.gif

Definitely. We have guys all the time complain about how "expensive" our Priority rates are at ~$6.50. I don't think they've mailed much in the last few years though based on that. We implemented a $20 flat-rate 2nd day air option not too long ago which has been popular with guys. it's only a few bucks more than "normal" shipping from other places but it expedites processing and its obviously at your door much quicker.

I ordered a JP spring set for my bushmaster ar monday and got them today(wed.)I know I am only 5 hrs away but still good service if you ask me, I will be a regular customer!

Originally Posted By: whitedogoneI placed my first order with JoeBob's today. I called them to make sure the items were in stock and to make sure they would be in my hands by the weekend. They were OOS on the magpul moe handgaurd I needed, but they had the JP spring kit. So, I just ordered the spring kit over the phone. The guy who took my order said he would go right then and pull the order so it would go out today. He also asked me if I'd like a free Tee shirt. Not to bad for a measly $10 order!

I might have to change my tune. Got home tonight and no package in the mail.
angry.gif
I told the guy on the phone I had to have this by the weekend. He told me it wouldn't be a problem. I would have gladly paid more for shipping if that's what it would have taken. UPS is 3 days MAX, I know that. I assume fedex is the same. I guess I just assumed that it would have been shipped one of those ways especialy since I told them it had to be here by the weekend. Most times I'm not in a big hurry, but I really would have liked to had the part by the weekend. That's why I called.

Love ordering from JoeBob's! What I like is they know what the good stuff is and they keep on top of what guys want. I also like their ordering process; emailing the tracking number, super fast. Like some others said I just wish I had more $ to spend there. Their website rocks and don't forget the PM code. It really saves you $. Definitely plan on ordering more from them. I still need to get a t shirt, I keep forgetting that.

Originally Posted By: whitedogoneOriginally Posted By: whitedogoneI placed my first order with JoeBob's today. I called them to make sure the items were in stock and to make sure they would be in my hands by the weekend. They were OOS on the magpul moe handgaurd I needed, but they had the JP spring kit. So, I just ordered the spring kit over the phone. The guy who took my order said he would go right then and pull the order so it would go out today. He also asked me if I'd like a free Tee shirt. Not to bad for a measly $10 order!

I might have to change my tune. Got home tonight and no package in the mail.
angry.gif
I told the guy on the phone I had to have this by the weekend. He told me it wouldn't be a problem. I would have gladly paid more for shipping if that's what it would have taken. UPS is 3 days MAX, I know that. I assume fedex is the same. I guess I just assumed that it would have been shipped one of those ways especialy since I told them it had to be here by the weekend. Most times I'm not in a big hurry, but I really would have liked to had the part by the weekend. That's why I called.

Was your order shipped on the 10th? If so, there is no reason it wouldn't have hit you by the 14th with USPS's normal schedule, especially post Christmas timeframe. Unfortunately with ANY carrier, there is no way we can control something on the carrier's end. Normal USPS shipping is 2-3 days to IL, so it should have been there on Friday at the latest, normally. Fedex normally takes 2 days to most of IL, and UPS normally takes 3 from KS. Fedex PROBABLY would have gotten there in time. Sorry to hear about the issues, but outside of 2nd day air'ing items it really is an estimate on the shipping timelines for anything with a shipping carrier.

Last edited:
another quick order...

thanks agian guys keep on keeping on...

been spreading the word here at work so hopefully these guys will be showing you guys some love. all are glad to support a Veteran Owened company.

Back