its already starting!

Soooooo many people are looking at a massive pile of what used to be their life savings, and cussing trump this morning.

Fortunately they still have a giant pile of beenie babies to console them.

I wonder if I can return the 2000 primers I bought yesterday? I didn't go in there looking to buy primers, I went in to get some info on an up-coming calling contest and the primer shelf, which has been holding it's own was just about empty. I asked about it and they recommended I pick up a few. CCI Match in both large and small rifle. I was wanting to switch to CCI's anyway.

Originally Posted By: NdIndySoooooo many people are looking at a massive pile of what used to be their life savings, and cussing trump this morning.

What, because the market dropped in one day? You can't be a day by day spectator with the markets, means nothing. It'll rebound and their "massive pile" will still be there.

I'm pretty sure that he meant they spent a ton of money buying everything that will most likely not be in short supply for the next few years...........

haha.. The idea of those Walmart 22 horders getting stuck with a closet full of 22LRs brings a big smile to my face, especially knowing they are going to loose money on that deal..

Anyone Else laughing to themselves on that one??

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKSome of us started a month ago.

I started 8 years ago. Now let's hope things get back to normal.

Originally Posted By: 220_SwiftOriginally Posted By: DoubleCKSome of us started a month ago.

I started 8 years ago. Now let's hope things get back to normal.

Yep.
After the political uncertainty of the last few years, anybody that doesn't have at least 5 years of supplies stored away either doesn't like to shoot, or they have a very short memory.

Originally Posted By: reaper4No fw707 some of us love to shoot qnd can't afford to save that much. Working on it though!

Not many folks could afford to buy it all at once. I know I sure couldn't.
But a little at a time adds up after a few years!!

I started reloading about 1yr ago and haven't really been able to get a supply up because that money was spent on presses, scales, etc. now that its all paid for I can focus on primers, bullets, powder, brass. 4k small rifle primers on the bench now will last me 4 years with the way I shoot. now I just have to stock the small pistol and powder and bullets and good to go.

I told myself its better to buy reloading stuff than a bunch of factory ammo with that money. I have a buddy who during the Obama scare ran out and got several surplus rifles for cheap and a lot of cheap ammo that's now oxidizing and sitting in cans in the basement untouched. I would rather spend my money on some high quality brass and bullets and tailor the loads to my rifle than buy whatever was cheap and hope I can even hit the paper with it.

I was going to go out and buy a few hundred $ worth of primers the other night and powder on a credit card just in case but figured make do with what I have until the time comes and then deal with it. Just because trump is in doesn't mean we are safe. hes a crooked, rich, looks out for himself just like the rest of them and if it means making people happy by taking away our rights he will do it.

Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014I started reloading about 1yr ago and haven't really been able to get a supply up because that money was spent on presses, scales, etc. now that its all paid for I can focus on primers, bullets, powder, brass. 4k small rifle primers on the bench now will last me 4 years with the way I shoot. now I just have to stock the small pistol and powder and bullets and good to go.

I told myself its better to buy reloading stuff than a bunch of factory ammo with that money. I have a buddy who during the Obama scare ran out and got several surplus rifles for cheap and a lot of cheap ammo that's now oxidizing and sitting in cans in the basement untouched. I would rather spend my money on some high quality brass and bullets and tailor the loads to my rifle than buy whatever was cheap and hope I can even hit the paper with it.

I was going to go out and buy a few hundred $ worth of primers the other night and powder on a credit card just in case but figured make do with what I have until the time comes and then deal with it. Just because trump is in doesn't mean we are safe. hes a crooked, rich, looks out for himself just like the rest of them and if it means making people happy by taking away our rights he will do it.

With you imagined scenario, you probably should run out today and scorch your credit card. Be sure to save a little space on it so you can buy a chin strap for your tin foil hat.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZhaha.. The idea of those Walmart 22 horders getting stuck with a closet full of 22LRs brings a big smile to my face, especially knowing they are going to loose money on that deal..

Anyone Else laughing to themselves on that one??

Do some simple math on buying a 22LR brick for $15 and selling it for $40 each which happened often. Do the math for 100 bricks and you find that they only had to sell 60 of the bricks to get their original investment back. The other 40 bricks, sold at any price, was pure profit. That sounds like capitalism at work to me.

For the record before anyone unleashes the hounds, no I'm not a hoarder or seller of ammunition. I buy what I think I'll need for my own use for maybe the next year a bit at a time when I see good deals. It's called the 6P Principle: Proper preparation prevent piss-poor performance.

Originally Posted By: HibsOriginally Posted By: NdIndySoooooo many people are looking at a massive pile of what used to be their life savings, and cussing trump this morning.

What, because the market dropped in one day? You can't be a day by day spectator with the markets, means nothing. It'll rebound and their "massive pile" will still be there.

The Dow is up almost 280 points today at the present time.

Originally Posted By: HibsOriginally Posted By: NdIndySoooooo many people are looking at a massive pile of what used to be their life savings, and cussing trump this morning.

Noooo, the people that over the last several years have dumped their bank accounts into overpriced .22lr with the expectation that it will be worth a bajillion dollars tomorrow.

It does work if things fall into place. When the first clinton ban went into effect I sold my high cap glock mags for $100 each. Because they were never going to exist again and would be worth a bajillion dollars. After that passed, I bought them all back for $10. Not each. $10.

Ammo is the same thing. Short term, buy up stock and wait for the market to drain, then resell for a profit. But there are still people who have been waiting in line for hours every tuesday, spend every penny they can on the .22, buy it massively overpriced thinking it doesn't matter because of profit, and think of all the $$$ they're sitting on instead of eating.

But, without a ban, you've got nothing but scared that causes the shortage. That runs out. I haven't been to a gun show in a while but every one before then I found $15 boxes of .22 marked up to $150. Well $150 after you wiped away enough of the dust to read it. And then I got to listen to them complain that no one was buying it. The hoarders were basically selling to other hoarders and around and around it went.

Once they want their money back they'll sell at a loss, which is when you want to buy. You just had/have to be patient and you'll get deals.

ar15's were the same way after O got in. A $500 OLY would go all day every day for 2 to 3 times value. After that passed you could buy GOOD guns, never fired, for 200-300. One of the auctions I was at had over 150 AR's coming up, all from a speculator as above. After the first 3 sold for less than $300 each, brand new in box, they quit bringing them to the table at all. It would take the auctioneer 2-3 minutes to get down low enough to get 1 bid. I ended up at the same table as the seller and got a blow by blow of his entire life savings going to nothing.

It was sad.

Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: ohihunter2014I started reloading about 1yr ago and haven't really been able to get a supply up because that money was spent on presses, scales, etc. now that its all paid for I can focus on primers, bullets, powder, brass. 4k small rifle primers on the bench now will last me 4 years with the way I shoot. now I just have to stock the small pistol and powder and bullets and good to go.

With you imagined scenario, you probably should run out today and scorch your credit card. Be sure to save a little space on it so you can buy a chin strap for your tin foil hat.

do you make stupid smart azz comments like that just to make yourself feel better? if so do us a facor and keep your mouth shut because your statement made 0 sense. I was going to buy primers for my handgun loading as I only have 1k. I was going to start reloading back when Obama took office and I couldn't find anything so never did and if Clinton got in I didn't want to not be able to use the supplies I have by not finding primers. the only reason Clinton didn't get in is because all the hillbillies are afraid shes gonna take our guns. id rather have someone with political experience run my country than someone like trump. I'm not going to get into a political thing here I'm just sick of you and another guy always bumping your gums when someone says something you don't agree with.

Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: ohihunter2014I started reloading about 1yr ago and haven't really been able to get a supply up because that money was spent on presses, scales, etc. now that its all paid for I can focus on primers, bullets, powder, brass. 4k small rifle primers on the bench now will last me 4 years with the way I shoot. now I just have to stock the small pistol and powder and bullets and good to go.

do you make stupid smart azz comments like that just to make yourself feel better? if so do us a facor and keep your mouth shut because your statement made 0 sense. I was going to buy primers for my handgun loading as I only have 1k. I was going to start reloading back when Obama took office and I couldn't find anything so never did and if Clinton got in I didn't want to not be able to use the supplies I have by not finding primers. the only reason Clinton didn't get in is because all the hillbillies are afraid shes gonna take our guns. id rather have someone with political experience run my country than someone like trump. I'm not going to get into a political thing here I'm just sick of you and another guy always bumping your gums when someone says something you don't agree with.

Oh, my.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014 ... do you make stupid smart azz comments like that just to make yourself feel better? if so do us a facor and keep your mouth shut because your statement made 0 sense.

the only reason Clinton didn't get in is because all the hillbillies are afraid shes gonna take our guns. id rather have someone with political experience run my country than someone like trump. ...

Pot meet kettle. Yeah, I know... I'm deplorable.

Back