Is this hunting ??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a lazy mans way of hunting in my opinion. It must be to tough for them to try and call them in. They do this in Ohio around were I live and there starting to tick alot of people off because they go on land were they dont have permision. And it ruins the hunting for guys like me.

Quote:
I think its a lazy mans way of hunting in my opinion. It must be to tough for them to try and call them in. They do this in Ohio around were I live and there starting to tick alot of people off because they go on land were they dont have permision. And it ruins the hunting for guys like me.

I live in Ohio. So you think that is a lazy thing to chase hounds ?, but sitting on your butt and letting them come to you is easy ? Grow up, look at what you just said, did you take the time to read the entire post or did you take the "lazy way" and read and reply to only the last few posts? We live in Ohio, if you do not own it, it is someone else's !
By the way I just saw your sig line. Ask Rudy how he feels before you use that, in a situation like this ?

Last edited:
Quote:
Quote:
To all,
Ya know, you can click of the poster of the videos name and send him a message. Maybe sharing opinions with him would be more productive than what is going on here?

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one, he did not send a private message to all of us stating his distance, it was submitted here for all to see. the aftermath is what has me worried, hunters condemning hunters is NEVER a good thing, and I'm not talking poachers, or anyone else who would engage in an illegal undertaking.
I have not, in any of the posts I have made on this subject disclosed my method of hunting, If I told you I use a rock, and sneak up on them, method, do I get to claim high ground ?
The high ground in this matter, or any other that concerns hunting, is that YOU support it, in every LEAGAL form.
I'LL bet we could start a whole nother forum on LONG BOW, RECURVE BOW, COMPOUND BOW, CROSS BOW been there done that ! Same thing ! Hunt the way you hunt, I'll support it, as Long as it's legal.

When I said poster of the video, that meant the guy that posted it on You-Tube, not the starter of this thread. Send him (The You-Tube Guy) a message.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
To all,
Ya know, you can click of the poster of the videos name and send him a message. Maybe sharing opinions with him would be more productive than what is going on here?

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one, he did not send a private message to all of us stating his distance, it was submitted here for all to see. the aftermath is what has me worried, hunters condemning hunters is NEVER a good thing, and I'm not talking poachers, or anyone else who would engage in an illegal undertaking.
I have not, in any of the posts I have made on this subject disclosed my method of hunting, If I told you I use a rock, and sneak up on them, method, do I get to claim high ground ?
The high ground in this matter, or any other that concerns hunting, is that YOU support it, in every LEAGAL form.
I'LL bet we could start a whole nother forum on LONG BOW, RECURVE BOW, COMPOUND BOW, CROSS BOW been there done that ! Same thing ! Hunt the way you hunt, I'll support it, as Long as it's legal.

When I said poster of the video, that meant the guy that posted it on You-Tube, not the starter of this thread. Send him (The You-Tube Guy) a message.

Meant no disrespect to you, I know where this is coming from. My point was to post'rs after that, and even the original poster, if it's on you tube and "WE" don't like it why bring it here and start all this. My point was that the post ended up doing more harm than the original video.
No slur on you !

Newbie here, I don't think it was the right thing to do and posting it on youtube was not the smartest thing I have seen. Coyotes have came into
the town I live in and nabbed dogs out of yards and a friends dog chased
a coyote over a rise and came running back with coyotes on his tail.
just my .02

Yep it is hunting. Not my cup of tea, but it is still a perfectly acceptible way to hunt. No matter what the sittuation is you will have some people who do it right and others that do not.

The people that are against, might as well move to california, cause the same feeling thoughts and attitudes got lion hunting dropped. Do us all a favor and remove yourself from the states where people have 1/2 a brain. Go buddy up with the liberals, be cause you are not doing the hunters any favors by speaking out against a very long lasting and hard to accomplish method of hunting.

Pretty cool videos.

Quote:
I think its a lazy mans way of hunting in my opinion.

MKBShelby,
I've always wanted to do this but it just looks to [beeep] hard. I'll stick with calling coyotes. I don't have to feed, train, and listen to my calls/rifle barking all night.
It's so much easier to just throw a back pack and a rifle in the truck and not have to worry about my hunting equipment running off. I also prefer to occasionally pick up my rifles brass as opposed to shoveling all those dogs [beeep] out of the backyard.

Anti-hunters hate hunting. Hence the anti part of the name. A video of dogs killing a coyote doesn't increase their hatred of hunting anymore then a video of some redneck sticking an arrow in a white tail. While I am all for improving the non hunting publics image of hunting I'm not going to stress about a couple of videos that get posted on the internet. (have you ever seen whats on the internet)

Falconry is awesome! Dogs that flush/retrieve birds are awesome!! Dogs that run lions and bears are awesome!!! Dogs that chase and kill coyotes are awesome!!!!
Anti hunters hate it all so who cares.

I did not take the lazy way out. I read the whole post. All 8 pages of it. I have seen both ends of this debate get a little carried away in a post or two. It seems that some folks have a difficult time respecting other peoples opinions and getting downright angry in their response.

I really never got the impression from anyones posting that didnt like this style of hunting, or that they disagreed with it on one level or another, that they were going to rush off and sign up with an anti hunter group to get it banned. I agree with united we stand. I would never consider standing anywhere but in full support of all kinds of legal methods for taking game. Doesnt mean I have to like it. There are plenty of types of hunting I dont much care for, for one reason or another. Anything from it doesnt interest me all the way to, I couldnt stand to be a participant. If the latter end of my spectrum is your cup of tea, so be it. As many have said, I dont have to participate and/or watch. I support your legal right to do so. Members should however, be free to express their opinion about it without taking a butt whipping.

My take on this whole thing? If a video of this nature causes this much of a rift in the hunting community, then by its very nature, its not part of the solution but part of the problem. I kinda liken it to the video footage years ago of the hunters who were clubbing baby seals. Dont know if it still is, but then it was perfectly legal and as a hunter, I support their right to do so. The question I would pose is this. Is that the image and the impression we want to give to that 70% who are the fence riders who ultimately hold the very future of out hunting heritage in their hands? If I was creating an advertising campaign to win people over to hunting, that video would not be on it even if I was an avid houndsman. My .02

So let me guess. Bird dogs like pointers and retreivers are bad now. My mean old lab will go fetch a wounded duck and I have to wring his neck. The horror!!!!!!!!!

Hey!! I resemble that remark!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CB

mmmmmm.sorry guys ,,but this aint cool ,,,no way for even a yote to die..now if you tree something with dogs are bay it ,,then walk up and shoot it ,,thats ok,,but this way ,,mmmmmmm thats not cool.

Here it is : hunt·ing
–noun 1. the act of a person, animal, or thing that hunts.

The only thing left to answer is it legal? Answer: YES
That only leaves oppinions. Everyone guides their personal oppinions by there personal ethics and preferences. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

1. I think the original poster is just an anti posing as a hunter. How many people come to a hunting talk forum and after just a few post, goes into something like this. One minute its coyotes and hounds, then the next it's all hound hunting. I mean, if your not into hound hunting, why are you looking at hound video's on the net? Kinda smells if you ask me. I think the original poster is just a fool anti and should go pound sand.

2. The person that posted the video in the first place, is a total fool. What kind of hunter with half a brain, would post something like this. People need to use their heads a little, as we don't need to hand feed the anti's with video like this.

3. While hunting coyotes with hounds isn't for me, I support all types of hunting. Does anyone really think it will stop with just the hound hunters? While I do have some issues with a few local guys that seem to think they can send their hounds on whoever's land they want. Because of them, all grey hounds on our lands are shot on sight. It has helped!
I do support the hound hunter as a whole. There's a hell of a lot more lazy/slob deer hunters then hound hunters out there. We have one person that is allowed to run our place for coon. He is one of the most polite, ethical hunters I have ever come across. He will always be welcome.

4. In response to a post on the first page. Anyone that thinks hunting lion or bear with hounds is easy should try it sometime. I have done bear and can say that it was the hardest hunt I have done. No, the shot itself wasn't hard, but the hunt was. A lot harder then any deer hunting I've done. Deer hunting is fun for me but that bear hunt was plain and simple hard work. It's not just a stroll through the woods like some would make it out to be.

Sorry to most of you for my rant, but just had to let it out.

Quote:
NASA .... It looks like you have some issues with anyone who doesn't agree with you,

I have issues with anyone who, deliberately or unintentionally, denigrates the sport of hunting, on any level.

Quote:
but you lack the intelligence to confront their ideas and just attack them.

Attack? My, aren't we the sensitive one. And as far as "confront their ideas"? I saw no "ideas" expressed, merely corrosive opinions.

Quote:
your assertion that the original topic starter was an ARA (false),

What led you to believe my comment addressed the topic starter? But, simply posting a picture of (someone) posing with a deer, does not convince me of his legitimacy.

Quote:
now you claim that I am (false yet again),

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck ..........

Quote:
and finally that Redfrog 86 me ... which he hasn't.

Trolls are usually allowed their 15 minutes of fame at Predator Masters. Then they are summarily dispatched. Enjoy your 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back