Is this hunting ??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin hood,
I hate to bash other guys that do their own thing but I have to agree with you. That don't set well with me. Thats kinda what Michael Vick was doing. Creating a dog fight. NO, I don't like it at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

you should have posted this in the hounds forum and you would have them all in a hissy. They will say that their way of hunting is just the same as any other and that the coyote is killed quick and humane but as we ALL can see by the first video this is NOT true. This is what gives the antis ammo against all hunting.

While it is not my cup of tea either, I recognize it as a legal forum of hunting that has probably been around longer than the firearm. I support them as sportsmen as I hope they do I . If we are to keep our heritage intact we need to stand united together.

I also saw a video of dogs that run a cougar up a tree.
A guy walked up as the cat is at the top of the tree and shoots it two times with a bow.
Finally when it falls from the tree, he holds it his trophy up by his tail.
That made me think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif this guy is an awsome hunter.

Run the cat till it was exhausted, tip top of a tree, no way to retreat or get away.
Yeh, your a hunter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote:
While it is not my cup of tea either, I recognize it as a legal forum of hunting that has probably been around longer than the firearm. I support them as sportsmen as I hope they do I . If we are to keep our heritage intact we need to stand united together.

I understand what you mean, But I'm not gonna praise it.
Like in the videos, the coyotes have all ready been on the run and worn down.
Then some guy flys up in a truck and dumps four to five fresh dogs on him in a wide open field.
He has no cover to retreat to, already half wore out, and fighting five to one.
To me that's not hunting.
The hunter didn't out smart the animal.
He should have just run it over with his truck.

But like I said, each to his own.
I just wanted to see what other thought.
Just not my cup of tea.

Ranks right up there with dog fighting.

Kinda makes me wanna shoot any dog I see when out hunting... then tell the hunter it was all in *sport*, it's legal to do if there isn't a hunter in sight and I feel "Threatened".

Quote:
Ranks right up there with dog fighting.

Kinda makes me wanna shoot any dog I see when out hunting... then tell the hunter it was all in *sport*, it's legal to do if there isn't a hunter in sight and I feel "Threatened".

+1 If a pack of dogs jumped out of a truck and ran across my property bet your butt I would empty my AR on those dogs even if a hunter is in sight or not.

Running coyotes with dogs is an effective way to help control coyote populations. I'd rather see a couple of kill dogs finish the coyote once the running hounds catch it though.

Lots of folks in this part of the country run bear and cougar hounds. It's one of the few really successful ways to hunt these critters. The downside of it is the wolves planted here have devastated most of the dog packs. Where there were a hundred guys doing that five years ago there are now 10.

No one here runs dogs for coyotes and there are lots of those. I was born and grew up here, but never did hunt bear or cat over dogs. I've killed a lot of bears, but usually during fall big game season doing the spot and stalk thing.

Thats not right,and crapshoot, those men arent sportsmen. The dogs are! Its one thing to follow hounds through the mountains after a cat cause your doing the work with the dogs. Those morons could have shot that coyote a lot more humanely that what happened with the dog fight. That really P**ses me of that some people would get any sense of accomplishment out of that. OK, sorry, thats all i have to say

Is this hunting? Of course it is. It's called coursing, and its been around since before the Egyptian Pharaohs. In fact, the Pharaohs went a step further. They used cheetas to hunt game with. Since they were Kings, they could afford the best.

Hunting with animals has been practiced for thousands of years. Ever heard of falconry? Have you ever seen coyotes or wolves hunted with eagles? That sport is also a couple of thousand years old.

Just because you don't do it, don't condemn those who do.
This elitest, hollier than thou attitude is the same snobbish BS spewed by the animal "rights" activists.

Don't treat us to your ignorance by declaring that rifle and bow are the only "acceptable" forms of hunting.

That makes no more sense than, "Fishing with bait is disgusting and turns my stomach. Only fly fishing is acceptable"

I really question the motives of anyone who claims to be a hunter, and then spews anti-hunting rhetoric and stabs other hunters in the back.

In fact, that smells strongly like an ARA TROLL!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

As a hunting "community" we are engaged in a fight to preserve our hunting rights because of this very same attitude!!! http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubb...;vc=1&nt=15

The ARA pukes want to BAN prairie dog hunting because "they" think it is unsportsman, animal cruelty, disgusting, and turns their stomach!

My, how about that? Sounds like the same language used by some of the newbie posters in this thread, doesn't it.

TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT!

I can see useing dogs for lions and bears, either one can kill a dog if they choose to but instead climb a tree. The hunter still has to run on foot with the dogs and then hope the animal is still in the tree when he gets there. Only other way to get them is by calling and baiting and some states don't allow baiting so the dogs are needed to keep population under control cause calling is'nt that effective.

As for hunting coyotes with dogs i don't mind it if the kill is quick, but from the vidios i can see its no quicker than shooting a coyote 5 times with an AR from a poor shooter. Yes its legal to do in some states but so is banging a 13 year old in Bankok. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

NASA, with all due respect, I know where your coming from. I guess I have always had respect for whatever animal Im hunting, and I dont get kicks out of watching something get torn apart while its still alive. I know thats the nature of dogs and how they do it though, just watch some footage of the wolves in yellowstone eating the hind quarters out of a worn out elk or buff. It just makes my stomach turn! Im not even close to an ARA, but i do strive for the quickest kill possible. And if its legal then so be it, but it wont be for long if the other side sees this stuff and it aint helping OUR cause at all!

Can't. This is urban guerilla warfare with the ARA pukes. None of us can afford to relax or let our guard down.

True! They have tried to convince people that the prarie dogs here in MT are endangered! It obviously shows these people dont step a foot outside of there cities they just jump on a band wagon and think they are doing something useful. Thats what irks me the most is that these clowns spend no time in the wilderness and think they know more about it than you and I who are out there every moment we can, and its our money that keeps these populations in somewhat of a balance

Quote:
Grab some granola. it is hunting! that is what those dogs were born to do. barbless hooks might be more your speed.

You'll be grabbing "granola" when the antis use this to take all hunting rights away. You have to have some screws loose to enjoy watching a wild animal be torn apart by domesticated dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back