If you Could Only Hunt one animal!

The quote is from Hemingway. I refer to it from Bounty Hunting, and chasing bad guys. Coyotes are by far the sneakiest, I think. Man is usually more predictable, but can be more dangerous obviously. I can honestly say though, that tactics used to bring in yotes work well with dirtbags too.

I have to say Red Fox, because we don't have COYOTES! But im sure if we did id go with it. I love the idea of howling i recon that would be cool. Still i sure dont mind seein reds comin runnin to the call night or day i LOVE IT!!

Brazilian giant bull frogs "very dangerous". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just kidin, I cant say. I love to hunt a lot of animals and am glad I dont have to make the decision.

I have to admit, I thought there would be alot more guys saying deer and elk. I really didnt expect to see the Rabbit or squirrel. I was also surprised to see nobody said Hogs. They are legal here all year long, and there is a Ton of em. Looks Like coyotes have won by a long shot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

As long as I can still hunt birds with my shotgun, my rifle hunting could be confined to just coyotes. Yotes are just way cool to hunt.

Jeff,
Not to be picky or anything but calling coyotes causes them to hunt you, so that don't count. That leaves them wide open.
And hogs ain't hunting either. They're only target practice. It's harder to hunt up a liquor store in Texas than shoot hogs.
Sittin' off a corn feeder for deer and turkey is "waitin'" not hunting.
I suppose if there was only one animal to hunt, for me it'd be the ex-wives. Slip em a buck or two and they're impossible to find until they run out.

Its all about hunting with family and friends. My college days in South Dakota, pheasant was king. Then turkey with shotgun and bow. Then I got into a little prairie dog shooting and all the while hunting deer with rifle and bow since I was 12 years old.

Of all the deers, turkeys, pd's, coyotes, or birds I have shot the ones I remember the most are when I got to share the experience with another person. Standing with a partner on a drive or sitting in a blind together or filming one another's hunt. I have a tendency to remember deer camp more than the deer hunt these days.

I am really going the long way around on this post! What I am trying to say is it doesn't matter what I hunt. I have been single mindedly obsessed with all the above mentioned hunting at one time or another. I still have that obsession, to some extent, for all quarry I have pursued to this point in my life.

If I had to choose, I would pick deer with bow or rifle. I could easily be swayed to something else if done with the people I love.

Well if it is a Genie granting me this wish and the ability to hunt it, considering I hope to be in my 90's when I die.....it would have to be the increasingly elusive species WifusBeaverus. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You mean there are other animals to hunt than coyote! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I haven't hunted anything else in years. Except the elusive wifusbeaverus. If anyone makes a call for that let me know.

Iffen it got to the place I could only hunt one thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif then I would say it would have to be ... Bureaucrat! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Back