If you Could Only Hunt one animal!

My love for killing elk is well documented, but I only get one tag per state, so that said I really love getting after the coyotes, no bag limit I can hunt every state I want every year. Gotta be the coyote #1, elk #2. Hey, let me know what you think of that video when you get it. Thanks, AL.

I'd have to go with bowjunkie. The one kind of animal I'd want to hunt would be the four legged kind.

If I had to choose just one species of four legged animal (God forbid), it would have to be coyote. I can hunt them anytime with 30 minutes notice, and need only a rifle and what I can throw in a day pack.

There's just something that's so exhilarating about hunting a predator while he's hunting.

Having enjoyed hunting trips for elk, moose, caribou, deer, etc..... I would say they are fun. But they are once a year things. Coyotes are year round if you want them. Plus, aside from being dumb about calls, they are a very neat critter. For me. The one animal would be: COYOTES

Elk, or coyote. no elk, no coyote, elk, no its gotta be coyote, that is one unfair thing to ask of a call-aholic.
i'd go with a coyelk or a elkote.
i love elk with a bow but if i'm stuck with a rifle its gotta be a coyote.
can bowseason count seperatly.

I have never and I mean never had it for any other kind of hunting like I do coyote hunting....Hands down, no contest...The COYOTE!

I still love turkeys and runnen' my coon dogs, but coyotes are my drug!

Later,

Scott

Lance,

I was gonna say man. However, some people get a little upset over this thought.

"Once you hunt something that can hunt you, you have felt the ultimate thrill."

Quote:
Once you hunt something that can hunt you, you have felt the ultimate thrill

Hunting humans for sport must hold a special intrigue for some people. There have been a great number of movies made on that topic. "Hunting Humans" is a good one about serial killer vs serial killer. My favorite all-time classic was "Naked Prey" with Cornel Wilde.

My quote was taken from Blue Deacons sig line. I believe it is probably in referance to military or bounty hunting. Then again, I could be wrong.

What do you mean if? I live in Arizona man. Coyotes are all they'll let me hunt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Gophers or Coyotes. Pretty hard to choose.

Gophers:
Good:Easy to hunt, no calling, very active shooting.
Bad:Waste ALOT of bullets, barrel gets heated.

Coyotes:
Good: Challenging, money for pelts, thrill of seeing them a half mile away coming right towards you!
Bad: Not much action, only get around 5 on a good day.

Conclusion: Coyotes! If you starve you can still eat them(havent tried em tho, pretty stringy and tough) and Gets you money for bullets, Cant beat the good ol thrill that I am sure hunters from way back when got when they hunted with old methods!

Arizona hunter hit it on the head. I love coyote hunting which Im new to. I like deer and alot of other game but!!!!!!!!!!Sitting in the big woods at 5:00am waiting for daylight and listening to the rustling leaves and anticipating that bushytail to pop up over the hill just brings great joy to me.Theres usually alot of action and most always go home with some game and get to here and smell the smoke. I use to hunt them with a full stock 36 cal custom built muzzeloader.Ive also hunted them with 22 lr, 22 cal pistol. bow, shotgun. I even took one out with a 1911 45 cal acp and some with a 50 cal muzzeloader. Im gonna try the 17 hmr this fall.Cant say enough about the joys of squirrel hunting. Its just as much fun to me as big game. OK enough of the redneck squirrel hunter.
Did I mention the delicious squirrel gravy.MMMMMMMMMMMMM!
Daryl P.

This is an easy one to answer: coyote. My reasoning is as follows: Long season, plenty of targets, the thrill of hunting an animal that hunts for a living. MI VHNTR

My choice would have to be Squirrel hunting with a good dog and some great friends. It is a group thing when using a dog.

There is not another kind of hunting that can bring a smile to my face faster than watching a good dog work a scent and go to tree.

Im with the majority, definately coyotes, matter of fact
im giving up the deer this year just to hunt coyotes.

Coyotes, not even a close contest.
I still hunt deer with both bow and gun and have done a little Turkey hunting. On occasion I hunt pheasant or rabbits. It's all just filling time when I can't hunt coyotes.
I don't like being out for coyotes when all the deer hunters are out and I don't hunt coyotes in the spring unless they are doing damage. So I guess the only reason I hunt anything other than coyotes is just the love of hunting, but I sure love hunting coyotes the most! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Nothing like hunting Pheasants with mans best friend.
Then I would have to say Deer is a close second because the rifle season is only 10 days.

Quote:
My quote was taken from Blue Deacons sig line. I believe it is probably in referance to military or bounty hunting. Then again, I could be wrong.

Quote was written be Hemingway. I forget the name of the short story but its about marlin fishing. Hence my "Papa" comment.

Back