If I were the devil

Originally Posted By: mbaysinger89I never said I still attend. I credit those who do.

Did something happen in your life that caused you to be angry with God?

I make the people's lives around me better. I don't make the lives of arrogant buttholes better (was previously deleted for language). What would make these people's lives better is the same thought that the founding fathers had and not persecute them for their religion. The same founding fathers are also the reason you can own firearms, say what you want (hence playing the same butthole card that's been played already), the right to life, liberty, and property, so on and so on.

I call hypocrites out with hypocrathy, arrogance out with stupidity, insensitivity out with complete a-hole, in hopes that the originator of those things can see how stupid they look through the perceived stupidity of me. I'm fine looking like a fool to make another fool feel like a fool.

No FW, not so much. Look at that a reasonable question instead of a must eat it statement, it's appreciated. Science has too much proof to me to not believe in it. There are holes in science that religion fills perfectly, but I do not take the Bible word for word. I respect those that do, it takes more belief than I have. I respect those that believe in science as facts are king. I won't persecute a person that believes in well doing.

per·se·cu·tion
ˌpərsəˈkyo͞oSH(ə)n/Submit
noun
hostility and ill-treatment, especially because of race or political or religious beliefs

I also believe in the Webster's dictionary.

Read through the posts, I never persecuted because of race religion or beliefs, unless being a douche (sorry Stu?) is religion, race, or belief. I actually credited people/person for believing in what they want, i only discredited that person/people for not allowing other to do the same. You can keep digging buddy, I have no quarrel with you, but youre trying to dig my hole with a non existent shovel.

What you just did sir, was call me out on the exact same thing you were defending when you said "and then you follow with the same approach." As I already stated, I'm fine looking a fool to make a fool feel a fool. It just really wasn't focused on you.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mbaysinger89Read through the posts, I never persecuted because of race religion or beliefs, unless being a douche (sorry Stu?) is religion, race, or belief. I actually credited people/person for believing in what they want, i only discredited that person/people for not allowing other to do the same. You can keep digging buddy, I have no quarrel with you, but youre trying to dig my hole with a non existent shovel.

Good afternoon bud! I got my non-existent shovel and am digging that hole for you!

Originally Posted By: mbaysinger89I'm fine looking like a fool to make another fool feel like a fool.

You are halfway there.

Originally Posted By: Fursniper
So God now has the system set up to make it pretty easy for us to get into heaven. All we have to do is believe that Jesus is his son, repent, and we can be forgiven and made pure. If people can't at least do that much for themselves, then they get torched.

Fursniper,
I’m having a little problem comprehending your explanation. All we have to do is exercise our free will, right?
If we do that, there are billions of souls on this planet that are subject to salvation or damm-nation from one millisecond to the next.
So your god is gonna constantly be subject to billions of surprises.
That means that your god is not the all-knowing omniscient god that He has always been advertised to be.
He doesn’t know who will be saved or lost.
So the only way he can meet the requirement of an all-knowing god is for the doctrine of the Calvinist predestination to be true?
The doctrine that you say is a cult ?

How do you resolve that issue?

tnshootist,
my last post was actually directed to Fursniper. Please don’t think that means I don’t value your opinion.
I’d really like to hear what you think about predestination/election vs. salvation by free will.
Your last posts wandered off into personal issues and purely anecdotal experiences that mean absolutely nothing to anybody that has no personal involvement.

They don’t really carry much weight in this conversation.

If anyone is interested, and I'm sure FW will want to devour every word, I posted an article on my blog related to the topic, partly inspired by some of the responses in this thread. I only got to page 4 when I started. A week or so ago, I waded through the rest. Yes, it has taken me this long to post anything as I became quite involved in what turned out to be a very long article.

I posted it one the blog for a couple of reasons: I thought it too long for a post. Since then, this thread has long since petered out so my timing, as usual, stinks. Also, I prefer to offer the ideas presented to a larger audience.

While I did have some comments on some of the posts in the first four pages, I decided to refrain from posting them as they are no longer timely.

God bless,

Sorry for the delayed response. I just returned from my turkey hunt this week. Got my turkey opening day, but I camped out an extra 10 days to hunt small game and assist with a Junior Deer Camp, sponsored by a several sportsmen organizations, to promote youth hunting. I am in the field a lot and not online much so expect my replies to be delayed.

Seeknulfind.....I skimmed over your blog and thought it was right on and made several good points.

Now to answer FW707....
Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Fursniper
So God now has the system set up to make it pretty easy for us to get into heaven. All we have to do is believe that Jesus is his son, repent, and we can be forgiven and made pure. If people can't at least do that much for themselves, then they get torched.

Fursniper,
I’m having a little problem comprehending your explanation. All we have to do is exercise our free will, right?
If we do that, there are billions of souls on this planet that are subject to salvation or damm-nation from one millisecond to the next.
So your god is gonna constantly be subject to billions of surprises.
That means that your god is not the all-knowing omniscient god that He has always been advertised to be.
He doesn’t know who will be saved or lost.
So the only way he can meet the requirement of an all-knowing god is for the doctrine of the Calvinist predestination to be true?
The doctrine that you say is a cult ?

How do you resolve that issue?

God exists outside of time and space. Milliseconds do not apply to Him. His ability to multi task is beyond our comprehension. The only surprise that occurs is to non-believers when they die and meet their creator. At that time, their life is evaluated and they are elected to go to either heaven or he11. Their destination (heaven or he11) is determined by their free will used on earth. Those who use their free will to believe that Jesus is the son of God and try to live their life according to His commands, are the ones who are elected and predestined to go through the narrow gate and enter heaven. We are not predestined to go to heaven or he11 before we are born.

Originally Posted By: seeknulfindIf anyone is interested, and I'm sure FW will want to devour every word, I posted an article on my blog related to the topic, partly inspired by some of the responses in this thread. I only got to page 4 when I started. A week or so ago, I waded through the rest. Yes, it has taken me this long to post anything as I became quite involved in what turned out to be a very long article.

I posted it one the blog for a couple of reasons: I thought it too long for a post. Since then, this thread has long since petered out so my timing, as usual, stinks. Also, I prefer to offer the ideas presented to a larger audience.

While I did have some comments on some of the posts in the first four pages, I decided to refrain from posting them as they are no longer timely.

God bless,

Well, you keep blogging away to your little heart's content-
Just make sure you keep me out of your trash pile from now on.

Here's some good reading I recommend for you:

https://www.amazon.com/God-Delusion-Richard-Dawkins/dp/0618918248

It's "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins.
Maybe it'll help, or maybe you'll still need medication.

And here's Dawkins' opinion on your murderous and perverted biblical morality:

I remember a saying the old country folks were fond of when I was growing up. I think of it every time I read more than 3 words you have typed:

"I'd like to buy him for what he's worth, and sell him for what he thinks he's worth."

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: seeknulfindIf anyone is interested, and I'm sure FW will want to devour every word, I posted an article on my blog related to the topic, partly inspired by some of the responses in this thread. I only got to page 4 when I started. A week or so ago, I waded through the rest. Yes, it has taken me this long to post anything as I became quite involved in what turned out to be a very long article.

God bless,

Well, you keep blogging away to your little heart's content-
Just make sure you keep me out of your trash pile from now on

Thank you so much FW for allowing me to post to my blog! You have no idea what your permission means to me.

As far as keeping you out of it, well, you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime you might just find, get what you need.

God bless

Originally Posted By: Fursniper
God exists outside of time and space. Milliseconds do not apply to Him. His ability to multi task is beyond our comprehension. The only surprise that occurs is to non-believers when they die and meet their creator. At that time, their life is evaluated and they are elected to go to either heaven or he11. Their destination (heaven or he11) is determined by their free will used on earth. Those who use their free will to believe that Jesus is the son of God and try to live their life according to His commands, are the ones who are elected and predestined to go through the narrow gate and enter heaven. We are not predestined to go to heaven or he11 before we are born.

Well thanks for the reply.
It was exactly what I expected-more gobbledygook to support your denouncing another Christian denomination as a cult.

Why does an inspired and inerrant book have so many issues with the truth that it causes thousands of denominations to break off, and why is your denomination's chosen interpretation the correct one?
Because the book is a jumbled mess written from fables and hearsay by mostly unknown authors hundreds of years after the events were supposed to have occurred, and then it was voted on by a committee after they threw out the manuscripts that didn't follow their agenda.

How about Matthew 24:34?

Did Jesus Wrongly Predict a First
Century Return in Matthew 24:34?

“Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.” - Matthew 24:34

If you want to see some contortions trying to explain one of the worst errors (maybe the worst ever) in your inerrant book you can read them here on a Christian apologetics site:

http://www.thingstocome.org/whatgen.htm

The author wrote a short novel about "full and partial Preterists" attempting to defend a scriptural screw up that even C.S. Lewis wouldn't touch.

Maybe you can explain it all in 2 or 3 sentences like you did the predestination/elect issue-
with absolutely no evidence except your personal interpretation enlightenment.

Back