Idiots are Everywhere

huntingal

Ok, so I'm a stay at home mom with two little kids. In my "previous" life I coyote hunted every weekend and after work when I could, basically at the drop of a hat. Now, not so much.
laugh.gif
I have to line up the babysitter, not to hard, Its my mom and she's always willing. I also don't like to get the kids up at the crack of dawn (babysitter isn't too wild about that either), so if I'm out the door by 8 I'm doing good.
Well, the stars aligned for me to slip away for the second time since October to go hunting a couple hours last Sat.
First stand was a dream, called in a yote at about 10 mins, and she took a final ride home with me. Besides the hike through snow, all was good. Headed to my second and final stand of the day. This is my all-time favorite place to call, a never fail to see something stand. Its public ground and when I get there there is a pickup already on the other side of the road. I know the guy and give him a wave of acknowlegement. I know he is NOT hunting, he waves back, I gather my gear and head off AWAY from him, he watches me go. I hike though 10-12 in snow a least a 1/4 mile from the road, conditions are perfect, I set up and start to call. After one series I hear what sounds like a buck snort behind and to the side, no big deal I have called in deer before, but that was fast i think. Then I turn around, ITS THE OTHER GUY-HE FOLLOWED ME OUT THERE! AND HE'S BLOWING HIS NOSE!
I could not believe it, he hadn't seen me. My perfect stand is ruined, my time wasted, I gather my stuff and shout out "Thanks alot (his name here), you idiot.". He acts surprised to see me, then pretends to be looking though his binos at something and keeps walking.
I mean how obvious was it what I was doing? I had a rifle, camo, and a dead coyote for crying out loud! Did he think he was going to "help" me? Or maybe just watch? Do idiots like this abound out there or is he "one of a kind"? At least I am happy in the fact that I am sure he filled his boots with snow and got some serious exercise.
cursing.gif
Oh, and when I see him on the street I'M going to give him some education on proper hunting ettiquete.

wow, you cant fix stupid thats for sure. Way to go on the first one though. Any pics? also that is a great looking mount in your avatar
thumbup.gif
you should post a bigger pic of it so we can see it
smile.gif

Fin

Lets see, your a woman, he knows you, he follows you into the woods... Good thing you blasted him. Sounds like he wanted to let you know he was there to get to know you better(as in 'conversation') You sure put him back on his heels. Probably not what he expected at the moment. Sounds like he is a 'city boy'...

Good going on the first coyote though.

Better luck next time out. I'll bet that guy won't be anywhere in sight. Maybe you should be carrying just in case though.

He probably thought you might be cold and wanted to help keep you warm
wink.gif
. That would be a good thread to start, what's the worst case you've had of someone ruining a hunt. Mine was in Arizona, I had been chasing a mule deer around the whole season. He was very smart, he stayed elevated and very difficult to get to him without getting busted. I finally make it happen, I've got him at 55 yards, I lean out around a sagauro cactus, draw my bow, lining up my sights, and the buck swings his head around looking behind him and here come two guys walking and talking out loud, smoking, in white t-shirts with a bow in hand. Well the buck and 4 does haul butt I'm standing there like YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!! So I feel for ya...

Well HG,
As everyone likes quoting The Duke:
"Life is hard, Life is harder when your Stupid".

That's beatiful country you live in. How I miss Colorado, my hometown is Colorado Springs.

Sounds suspicious to me.

He knew you were there, how could he not with a foot of snow on the ground.

I would watch out for that guy if I were you.

Sounds like the typical "Bird Watcher", on the Liberal Anti side.... For some reason they seem to delight in messing with hunters...Especially on public land..

I was bowhunting one time in the National Forest, not far from a dirt road leading to a lake. There was a small field I was watching for deer since they came there in late evenings to feed on the grass.

A guy was driving up from the lake and saw me in my tree stand over 100 yards from the gravel road. He stopped, then began blowing his horn in a deliberate manner to disrupt me.

Talking about mad, I was. He kept it up until I had finally had enough and began to descend my tree stand. Then he took off. It's probably a good thing I didn't have had a rifle or pistol with me, since I would probably be in jail right now.

I had a lady that lived next door that hated hunting. She would drive her ATV around her property with an air horn at day light and right before dark during the gun season for deer.

stupid [beeep] didn't realize she was pushing all the deer off her land onto ours and we had an awesome hunt.

I put a thank you card in her mail box, said Thank you very much for scaring the deer over to me, I was able to take the ENTIRE FAMILY, dad mom and BAMBI. Season starts same time next year, hope to see you again.

a month or so later she see's me walking my dog down the fence line, she comes over to me and starts to chew my head off about how I'm a bloody thirsty maniac for killing deer.

I just laughed at hard as I could and kept on walking. I could see the steam coming from her ears LOL

Originally Posted By: cdatdog As everyone likes quoting The Duke:

I'm going to speak up. People who use that quote should spell "you're" correctly. You can misspell everything else for all I care, but it just seems to me that if you're going to throw THAT quote around, you should get it right. Know what I mean? I see it misspelled probably 80% of the time.

Also, I'll give 100 Brownie Points to the person who can identify the movie and scene where John Wayne said this.

Originally Posted By: NM_HighPlainsOriginally Posted By: cdatdog As everyone likes quoting The Duke:

I'm going to speak up. People who use that quote should spell "you're" correctly. You can misspell everything else for all I care, but it just seems to me that if you're going to throw THAT quote around, you should get it right. Know what I mean? I see it misspelled probably 80% of the time.

Also, I'll give 100 Brownie Points to the person who can identify the movie and scene where John Wayne said this.

Ouch! LOL!

Two weeks ago I hiked in about a mile because of all the trucks I passed on the road coming in, so I would be away from everybody. I get set up and start calling ( got the speaker set out 100 ft. from me and I'm 20ft up on some rocks ) and here comes 2 IDIOTS on an electric 4 wheeler, they see me stand up and then drive right thru where I was set up. I was so EFFIN mad, they didn't stop or look at me or I would of flipped em off. If they would of stopped I would of cussed them out.
AZ is full of road hunters, I'm originally from Ohio and we don't drive around looking for something to shoot. I like to get out and walk to get away from everybody else.
I know how you feel.
Tarey

Back