Hunters Helping Humanity, Predator Masters doing what we can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Predator Masters and the Moderators have stepped up to help get the ball rolling with a donation of $260.00.

Edit by Michael J. McCasland: The moderators in the list of donators was incomplete. I have pulled the moderators from the list to make it clear that the Predator Mastrers donation is a combination of moderators money and Predator Masters money.

If that's the case and some the Mods passed the hat in the back room, then they deserve (edit: a pat on the back and our respect for stepping up to the plate.) (Michael, thank you for making the distinction crystal clear.))

But hey, that's not an issue. The issue is that we still have eleven thousand members who don't care enough about the image of predator hunters, to even send in a lousy dollar!! Here's a chance finally, for some positive public relations. A chance to show the non-hunting community we're actually pretty decent folks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Last edited:
Nasa,I can't disagree with what your saying.I had figured a lot of the mods had anted up.I'm just hoping that a lot of the guys are gonna jump in here and show America a hunter has a heart also.Remember when people start voting to restrict hunting or firearm ownership,this was a chance to show them hunters are caring & responsible people /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif.Take care,daveyboy

Edit by Michael J. McCasland: Daveyboy the moderators have given what they can. As I've edited the above posts, the moderators list was incomplete so I removed all the moderators names from the list. When the term Predator Masters is mentioned it includes the moderators donations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael, things are starting to come together pretty quickly now in NOLA. You might want want to consider truncating the deadline for donations. By the way, were you going to specify any particular geographical area, or just the affected areas in general?

Good question. The origional goal was for general Katrina aid through the Salvation Army. I think leaving it up to them to put the money where its needed will be important.

This disaster will not go away over night. There are areas other than New Orleans that are in a bad way. I'd like to have them recieve some much needed attention. But I don't know exactly how to get it done.

I figured the origional 30 days because there will be lots og money comming in right at first, then as the days pass less and less money is available. I figured a little money then would be a good thing. But I also see your point.

Being from New Orleans, I really appreciate everyones efforts to help us out down here. It has been a little rough down here to say the least.

My house was spared because I live literally on the base of the Mississippi River levee which is the highest point of the city. However ever other family member got water in their homes.

We are a very optimistic people and we will rebuild New Orleans.

The skys and streets are covered with military personnel and vehichles. It is a very surreal sight. You would think you were in Iraq.

Again, thank you everyone for your donations.

Best,

Ryan Morley (Lead Poison)

Hey guys, please don't think of me as a dead beat. I don't agree with helping give to just the Salvation Army. I have friends in that area that we at work had setup a fund for. Two NO police officers who lost everything. I would much rather put my money into someone I know rather than a bunch of people whom I didn't. I hope that makes sense.

Makes sense to me too. Since I no longer have any (living) relatives in New Orleans I would like my donations distributed like Michael has proposed. Through someone like the Salvation Army, who provides for everyone in the affected area.

For about 30 seconds I considered the idea of seeeing it you guys wanted to change cource lsightly in mid course to a more local chreity that would be greatly helped by out contrbution. Then reality set back in. This donation drive was origionally setup for a Salvation Army donation and I'm going to stick to that road. No matter how big they are the Army has been there on the ground touching those in need for a very long time. Our money will not go to waste with the Salvation Army.

By the way, if you've pledged money and have not mailed it in yet this would be a good time to to take a trip to the mail box and send 'er on in. Thank you very much.

Michael, did you not post yesterday's and today's donations, or is that it? Come on guys. for the price of a box of bullets, we can make a big difference in these peoples lives. We can also make a statement about how predator hunters are a better group of individuals. Think about it guys.

The Salvation Army is a good org., much better than the Red Cross.

SA 97% hits the ground, RC 63% and they have to give some to the International Red Cross which has a leftist agenda.

If you fellas have been watching the second post in this thread you have noticed that donations have dried up to nothing. But the need is still there for help and time on this donation drive id running out. I've received the pledged donations from most of you, but there are still a few that I haven't received and we have a few hundred pledged dollars left to receive. If you haven't dropped your donation in the mail please do it fairly soon. I must say that those of you that have stepped up have been wonderful, I'm sure the Salvation Army will put your donations to good use.

MJM

Last chance guys. Today's the 4th. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Let me thank those of you that contributed to this fund raiser. It means a lot as a group of hunters to be able to get together like this and be able to help people around our country when in such dire need.
Even if the possibility is there that some of them may be the very ones involved in fighting against our hunting rights.

For the members that did not contribute, and those that would have liked to, but simply could not at this time, I hold absolutely nothing against. We all have things going on in our lives that are extremely demanding, or simply more important at hand.
That does not make anyone a careless or bad person in anyway shape or form.
Some wanted to, some did, some simply couldn't. There will be no segregation over this.

MJ, if he hasn't already, will have a grand total collected to unveil and then we will be shipping it all off the The Salvation Army National Headquarters in Dallas, Texas. Stamped Katrina relief fund, from the members of PredatorMasters.com, Hunters Helping Humanity.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I hope I can fit all that on the envelope.

Guys - Predator Masters "Hunters Helping Humanity" donation drive is now over. Right now I am increadably proud of Predator Masters. I think we did some real good here. I'm now going to lock this thread down. Right now all the money I have received and all those that donated are posted, but we still have $700.00 in the "Cats For Katrina" auction to add, when I have all the money totaled up I'll post a run down of what we are donating.

Thank you all!

PS - I'm sure we all gave what we could, some gave an increadable amount of money, some gave products to auction and smoe folks already gave, some could only give their prayers for those that lost everything ... I thank each and everyone of you!

Hunters Helping Humanity ...... We certainly did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back