Hunters Helping Humanity, Predator Masters doing what we can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you all know the Gulf coast has taken a horrible hit from hurricane Katrina. Thousands, possibly millions of people are struggling to regain the very smallest necessities of life. Predator Masters would like to show how generous the hunting community is for those in need. But, what can we do?

After some consideration about what is proper and what is right we have decided to do the following.

If you would like to make a donation please send it to Predator Masters, we will gather your donations in a single account and make one large donation to the Salvation Army from Predator Masters, “Hunters Helping Humanity” to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

At this time there is going to be tons of money flowing into all the charities so there is no real hurry, but we shouldn’t wait long either. We’d like to collect your donations for thirty (30) days and make the donation at that time. This should give all those that want to donate plenty of time to decide what you’d like to give and allow mail time. If donations are received after thirty (30) days we will still donate it to the Salvation Army, but we’d like to take care of this in ~30 days.

If you want to donate, please do the following:

1: Send checks or money orders ONLY, absolutely no cash money

2: Checks must be made out to Predator Masters, with a notation in the memo area that clearly says PM Katrina Fund. Please let me know what your board name is.

3: Send your donation to the following address only:
MJM, Predator Masters

Edit: We have had a few requests to find a way to donate with a credit card. RiverRunner has added a place to donate with a credit card in the PM Payment Center. So please feel free to drop into the shopping card and donate. Thank you very much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

The following is a link to the Payment Center!
PM Payment Center

4: This effort will conclude on October 4, 2005

I will gather your checks and send them in for deposit once a week for 30 days. After 30 days the Pro-staff will write a check for the entire amount collected and present it to the Salvation Army from the members of Predator Masters, Hunters Helping Humanity. I will keep a running total going in this thread so you guys can watch our total grow. Not to worry, your own personal donation amount will not be made public, but if you would like, you will be recognized as a donator, in a list that will be updated once a week in alphabetical order, no correlation between donation amount and donator will be possible. If you can send $2.00 or $50.00 please send it in, these people need everything we can provide.

Last edited:
Final Total = $3,505.00

Thank you
ArcticFox
Azcowboy76
coyote6974
Daveyboy
FOXPRO, INC.
Genesis
Greg223
Joel Hughes
JohnP
jspiker1
Mivarmint
Moose57
Muskrat30
NASA
nmleon
OutFoxed Products, Inc.
Predator Masters (Combined Moderator Contributions)
RichH2
Silverfox
Sportsman-n-1
Straycat
Swiftone
Todd M.
Tonlocus
utdavidhunting
Weedwackr
Yotenighthunter
17shooter

Some gave a little some gave a lot all gave what they could and it does make a difference! I Thank each and every one of you!

Last edited:
This is a wonderful opportunity to donate through an organization we all believe in.
WNYS

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael and the mods,way to get the ball rolling.My wife and I will be sending a check for $50.If you just put yourself or your family in those people's position,you can't help but want to reach out to them.God Bless Them,daveyboy

Edit: Daveyboy thank you, but I must say this one thing, this is an effort from all the Predator Masters membership, I (Michael) am only collecting checks and funneling them in a direction. God bless you all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I was planning to give in my own name but what a fantastic idea. Put me down for $200 to start.

C'mon guys, lets give the help we were going to give anyway through PM. It might help in a small way to offset the anti-gun screams we know are coming after the anarchy in New Orleans.

And God bless you for stepping up Michael.

Please donate something no matter the ammount. If we could get every member to donate $1 that would be a check for over $11,000. Not to shabby for an internet web site. I know that there are a bunch who arent around anymore or just arent active. I also know times are tough with gas prices and inflation. But a check for 1 or 2 dollars multiplied by thousands of members will add up quickly. Not to mention the big black eye we will be giving to the PETA folks when a bunch of hunters get to gether to help those in need. Lance

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif OK McC, my check for $100 is in the mail. Hey, it's just a tank of gas, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Check will be in the mail tomorrow morning. As a side note, does anybody know anybody down there that may need some direct help. Also willing to put a family up, does anyone know how we can/I can go about doing that?

Can I relate a story here. I came home to a flooded bedroom a few days ago. water bed leaking. We had been planning to get rid of it just didnt want to take the time to drain it. That problem solved itself. After an evening with a shop vac, we were ready to put in a new bed. At the store, there was two ladies trying to get a bed delivered. They were victims of Katrina. had rented an apartment. The store couldnt deliver that day. I volunteered. When I got to their place, there was nine of them. consisting of Mother(a special ED teacher), father(self employed Plumber, who was about to go back today and volunteer his help with FEMA and three kids. Children all under 14. The husbands mother and father( who was a disabled Veteran). and the husbands brother and his son. I delivered the bed and after a quick survey, realized this was not enough for them all to sleep on. Driving home I knew some of them would have to be sleeping on the floor. I went to my deer camp and began loading mattresses from our bunk beds. called my wife and told her to begin picking out clothes the mother of this bunch could have. They are about the same size. When I got home I went through some stuff and picked out T-shirts and blankets, bed covers, and other misc items we have stored in closets and cabinets. I went back to their place. The wife and kids were crying when I left and the men were shaking my hand as if I was Santa Claus. I realize this only helped one family, but I will never forget the look on their faces. So to answer questions on how we can all individually help, do anything. This cost me nothing but a little gas and time. Maybe this story doesnt belong in this thread, if it even belongs in this forum at all. Just thought I would share.

P.S. My check will be sent today for the collection. Randy

That is outstanding 17shooter. I just heard on the news that officials are expecting to find as many as 10,000 dead when the water is completely removed from the city. What a tragedy.

thank you swift one. yes they are predicting some really bad stuff. A good friend of ours, is missing, He is Law enforcement. We have not heard from him since Monday morning. This guy has worked with my wife on several State Critical Incidence Situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back