How can i make my .223 handi rifle more accurate??

I bought one with the heavy barrel in a 223 and I spent a lot of time and money to get get that thing to shoot and in the end the best was around and inch at hundred yards I will never own another one.

I always thought throwing your H&R was a more reliable method of killing with it.........
lol.gif

I had 3. One in 22 hornet, one in 223, and one in 17HMR. The hornet never shot any better than 1-1.25" but killed a few cats and fox none the less. Loaded cases would stick in the chamber. Accuracy for the 223 was much the same. The HMR on the other hand has out shot a couple Ruger HMRs on more than one occasion. It has now been cut to 16" and threaded and plays host for my 5.56 can.

The hornet and 223 were traded for a Ruger 25-06. Dang good trade I might add also.

Handies are not and were not meant to be bench guns. Most will shoot minute of coyote/ big game . That's good enough if you can live with that. Occasionally one will shoot extremely well. I'm betting that is the exception and not the rule when you look at the big picture.
JMHO.

I have a 12 twist .223 and believe it or not it is still my go to rifle for coyote partly because it is so much easier to clean than an AR and partly because I can shoot it much better than my ar. I floated the barrel with a rubber washer and shoot cheap Winchester 45 grain jacketed hollow points. I also use a mounted bipod and when shooting hold onto the bipod instead of the fore end. I guess I got one of the good ones. This gun does hate 55 grain bullets though.

Back