How accurate does that rifle have to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you keep it going. You trashed like 2-3 other threads. You have overstepped your bounds and I only hope mods are following your "trollish" yes trollish antics.

Darn...I was hoping you were going to ask me what I intend on doing with my rifle..

Your problem is you and a few others like to jump on and make fun of something another might say...but when the table is turned you and a few others go to crying. You keep off my back and I wont make any comments on what you post...fair deal?

Nope, I tried to help you in your original posts. Go back and look. Before someone can answer a question about a particular rifle, stock, optics, etc. It helps to know what the intended use will be.

Then have it your way...Ive lived a long time without being a friend of yours...I can continue right on not being...dont mean nothing

Last edited:
Look man, I'm not kissing [beeep] but no one here looks for enemies, go back and read all of the comments. With 90% of everyone ribbing you, that should tell you something. Surely you dint think we are all wrong?

You can't just come around here, bark orders, trash people and expect to get by with it.

Originally Posted By: getfoxyLook man, I'm not kissing [beeep] but no one here looks for enemies, go back and read all of the comments. With 90% of everyone ribbing you, that should tell you something. Surely you dint think we are all wrong?

You can't just come around here, bark orders, trash people and expect to get by with it.

I post a semi intelligent question as to just how accurate a rifle need to be to "accomplish" the mission? Everyone gave intelligent answers some sort of semi vauge but they replied back with something to clear their post up...and then YOU game along with your "getto speak"....WORD! And YOU started it down hill from there.

But it seems that when someone might climb on YOUR cart...you get all *issy about it.

Good Lord. If either one of you were my friggin kid I beat your azz till you couldn't sit for a week, take away your cell phone and ground you for a month!

Word.

Originally Posted By: sully2Originally Posted By: pahntr760He seems rather Troll-ish in other threads too. A bit too defensive.

Naw.. Not "Trollish"....just "Envious" is all..of someone with 6 Remingtons all of which will shoot sub MOA at 300 yards!.....YEAH!.......RIGHT!!!

Sully, it's not uncommon for a rifle to shoot sub MOA at 300 yards, or even 600 yards.
Why do you find that hard to believe?

I've shot sub 1/3 MOA at 300 yards with a plain old 700 SPS .243 Varmint.

011-1.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: sully2Originally Posted By: pahntr760He seems rather Troll-ish in other threads too. A bit too defensive.

Naw.. Not "Trollish"....just "Envious" is all..of someone with 6 Remingtons all of which will shoot sub MOA at 300 yards!.....YEAH!.......RIGHT!!!

Sully, it's not uncommon for a rifle to shoot sub MOA at 300 yards, or even 600 yards.
Why do you find that hard to believe?

I've shot sub 1/3 MOA at 300 yards with a plain old 700 SPS .243 Varmint.

011-1.jpg

Very fine shooting Id say...but let me ask you this...whats the odds of 1 individual owning 6 Remingtons that ALL...repeat that now..ALL shoot sub MOA at 300 yards??

Question: Dont you measure targets center to center of the holes..as compared to as you show???

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: coleridgeAnyone know where I can find a picture of a BIGGER train wreck? This thread is kind of a silly question to ask in the first place.
Every answer is totally subjective.
Too many variables to consider.

If a person handloads, trades/buys/sells some guns over the course of a few years I bet they could come up with 20 rifles that would shoot sub MOA at 300. I think that overall the firearms industry is producing more and more accurate guns all the time due to improved technology, better materials, and a more demanding consumer. There are some companies that are making accuracy guarantees on their rifles, so no, I am not at all skeptical of someone owning 6 rifles that are sub MOA shooters at 300.

Originally Posted By: sully2Very fine shooting Id say...but let me ask you this...whats the odds of 1 individual owning 6 Remingtons that ALL...repeat that now..ALL shoot sub MOA at 300 yards??

Question: Dont you measure targets center to center of the holes..as compared to as you show???

Thanks.

The odds are really not bad at all. If a gun shoots sub 1" groups at 100 yards, there's a good chance that it'll shoot sub 3" groups at 300 yards, on a good day with zero wind.
I'm not being smart about it, but you do realize that "MOA" is determined by yardage?

1 MOA= 1" at 100 yards
3" at 300 yards
6" at 600 yards
10" at 1000 yards, etc.

1 MOA doesn't just mean a 1" group.

As far as measuring groups, the easiest way is to measure the greatest distance edge-to-edge, and then subtract the bullet diameter. That way you get the actual CTC (center to center) measurement.
The group in my picture actually measured .717 CTC, which is less than 1 MOA at 300 yards. My gun certainly won't do that every time, but it'll stay inside 3 inches, which is 1 MOA at 300 yards.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be smart about it, but you need to realize that MOA is determined by distance.

Last edited:
Ahhh yeah! I learned what MOA was and meant about 1967...which was about the same time I had to shoot pop-up targets at 500 yards with open sights and 7.62 rounds!

If a coyote is a dog, is a dog a coyote?

If a twit posts on a bulletin board...does that mean BB posters are Twits?? Inquiring minds want to know!

Originally Posted By: fw707
The group in my picture actually measured .717 CTC, which is less than 1 MOA at 300 yards. My gun certainly won't do that every time, but it'll stay inside 3 inches, which is 1 MOA at 300 yards.

We have a winner! Thank you for posting that. For some reason 97% of the pepople on the forum thinks if the gun done it one time, it will do it EVERY time. Certainly only shooter error if not...
cry.gif
blink.gif
sick.gif
Somehow, nucular science is easier to explain???

Very nice shooting... actually that group was 1/4" MOA (.228 to be exact).

Thanks coleridge!

I always wanted one of those "half inch all day long" rifles, but I've never been able to find one.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: fw707Thanks coleridge!

I always wanted one of those "half inch all day long" rifles, but I've never been able to find one.
laugh.gif
You owe me big time..!! If I had never made my reply...you would never have posted the pic...to later find out you have a super tight shooter!!! I dont take credit cards though!.....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back