Hevi Shot Dead Coyote on sale at Gander Mountain

Well played Tim!
smile.gif

I will be caught up in the CA no lead shot rule as i spend 6 months a year down there calling. I had been using a Browning Gold 10ga and 2 1/4oz of nickel plated BB. Worked wonders to 60+ yards.

I have been experimenting with 2oz of #4TSS loads. Patterns great: @ 60 yards 32 hits in 10" circle, 142 pellets in 30" circle. That is a79% pattern at 60 yards. At 40yards 90% and at 50yards 80%. Choke is the factory Browning Turkey Xtra full(.050" constriction). Pattern results are the average of 3 shots at each yardage. Even though the cost per shot is high I normally do not shoot more than 40called coyotes with a shotgun per year. I will live with the cost. I have not shot amy coyotes with the TSS load yet.

The load is BP's Hevi-Shot load # HS030270. Added 20ga cork wads to fill to the proper height. Also roll crimped. I have been informed that the pattern might be more evenly distributed if I dropped back to Full choke.

The pellet count for my lot of #4TSS is 180 pellets for 2 oz. My nickel plated BB is 115 pellets for 2 1/4oz. I love it.

Carl .

Originally Posted By: GC I would take the Federal load over Hevi-Shot for a couple of reasons.

I pattern tested some today and I am more than impressed with how they performed and their penetration on wood. That flight control wad is somethin else...

I posted the results in the pattern test thread.

Back