HECS Camo Suit

Originally Posted By: KizmoThis thing is THE most absolute utter hogwash I have ever seen in my life, and I was around in the pet rock era. While, yes, it is true that mammals and birds DO detect "electromagnetic radiation", the form of electromagnetic radiation they detect is called....(drum roll)...

VISIBLE LIGHT!

Hey Kizmo, why don't you tell us how you really feel!
bored.gif

Originally Posted By: Big_Foot
Hey Kizmo, why don't you tell us how you really feel!
bored.gif

I really get PO'd at hucksters trying to part people with their hard-earned money.

The website claims that "animals and insects are able to sense electromagnetic energy". Electromagnetic (EM) energy is a form of energy that exists on a spectrum and is classified according to wavelength. These classifications include, from longer to shorter wavelength: radio, microwave, infrared, visible light, ultraviolet, X-ray and gamma ray. The only one of these forms of electromagnetic energy the human body normally emits is infrared energy. We don't even emit visible light, we only reflect it-i.e. we are not bioluminescent like fireflies. I seriously doubt a HECS suit will make you invisible to a FLIR.

However, a careful reading of the website also reveals the old switcheroo. While they make the (technically) accurate claim that animals can detect electomagnetic radiation, they never actually claim that the human body emits EM energy. They talk about the human body's "electrical impulse" and "electrical energy signal" and they use the an electrocardiogram evaluation of human heartbeat as an example. In a nutshell, this form of electrical activity is the result of sodium and potassium ions exchanging places across cell membranes in heart muscle tissue. Measuring (or for that matter, detecting) the resultant miniscule electric current requires direct skin contact for the leads (sensors) and extremely sophistocated equipment. Outside of a liquid environment, there is no physical way such a miniscule electric charge could even be transmitted, let alone detected.

Originally Posted By: Kizmo
We don't even emit visible light, we only reflect it-i.e. we are not bioluminescent like fireflies.

When I was a teenager I saw Steve Miller in concert... I swear that night I was as bioluminescent as a firefly...
crazy.gif

"I'm a joker... I'm a smoker... I'm a midnight toker...
tongue_smilie.gif
"

Last edited:
Some of this is pretty "hippie" soundin. I saw Steve miller as well, and I'm in the same boat as Infidel
cool.gif
but here goes ......

Nothing is more amazing than the highly improbable fact that we exist. There are numerous things that in the past were considered "hogwash", that are fact now. There are too many to get into now. You know what I'm talkin about.

Consider that from light, air, water, basic minerals from within the crust of the earth, and the 3 billion year old information contained within the nucleus of one diploid zygote cell, the human body is formed. Some would say it's a miracle. What are the chances ?

Given the sheer insanity that our earthly existence is partially formed from sunlight, and requires the continual consumption of condensed sunlight, ie photosynthesis, in the form of food, it may not sound so farfetched that our bodies could emit light.

Could be.

The human body emits biophotons, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biophoton also known as ultraweak photon emissions (UPE), with a visibility much lower than the sensitivity of our naked eye. While not visible to us, these particles of light (or waves, depending on how you are measuring them) are part of the visible electromagnetic spectrum (380-780 nm) and are detectable via sophisticated modern instrumentation.

Maybe some animals can see, or sense these waves, or light as well.

A biophoton is an elementary particle or quantum of light of non-thermal origin in the visible and ultraviolet spectrum emitted from a biological system. They are believed to be produced as a result of energy metabolism within our cells, or more formally as a by-product of biochemical reactions in which excited molecules are produced from bioenergetic processes.

Ya never know, I sure don't, but what I do know is there is something about the HECS that makes the animals I've encountered act "differently".

Maybe it's just me.

well here goes. my experiences WITHOUT hecs suits, here are some I can remember when my electromagnetic field must have been turned off. bobcats 10 ft. foxes closer than that, coyotes 20 ft. 25 gobblers walked by so close I could have touched them with gun barrel, grouse i have killed with a rock, or caught with my hands, deer so close they filled scope {6x} had to search for their head, owl landing on my shoulder. heck most of the time I did not even have camo on. guess what these experiences are not unique to me or anything I wear, but are experienced by all who have learned to sit quietly, learned how to move & when to move. 200 dollars spent on hecs suit does not bring these into fruition.

Originally Posted By: old cat well here goes. my experiences WITHOUT hecs suits, here are some I can remember when my electromagnetic field must have been turned off. bobcats 10 ft. foxes closer than that, coyotes 20 ft. 25 gobblers walked by so close I could have touched them with gun barrel, grouse i have killed with a rock, or caught with my hands, deer so close they filled scope {6x} had to search for their head, owl landing on my shoulder. heck most of the time I did not even have camo on. guess what these experiences are not unique to me or anything I wear, but are experienced by all who have learned to sit quietly, learned how to move & when to move. 200 dollars spent on hecs suit does not bring these into fruition.

thumbup1.gif
most that have been around animals in the field have had these experiences. no stupid suits or magic sprays needed.

Originally Posted By: vanhornet

Maybe some animals can see, or sense these waves, or light as well.

Well, pretty much all of the animals we hunt have eyes that can see the visible light spectrum. Some can even see a little into the infrared and UV spectrums too. If you are hunting in daylight, the reflected energy of light coming off you dwarfs any biophotonic energy emitted by you by orders of magnitude, to the point of insignificance.

Originally Posted By: vanhornetYa never know, I sure don't, but what I do know is there is something about the HECS that makes the animals I've encountered act "differently".

Maybe it's just me.

No, it's not just you. What you are exhibiting can be described as magical thinking (a type of logical fallacy) and/or confirmation bias (a systematic error of inductive reasoning ). Hucksters rely on people being prone to this type of thinking. We observe things and try to attribute cause and effect relationships where there are none. For instance, I go out on my back porch every morning and snap my fingers three times to keep the Florida panthers away. I know it works, because I've never seen a Florida panther in my yard the whole time I've been doing it.

In your example of the backyard birds, an alternative explanation is simply that the first time the birds saw you sitting there that day, without the HECS, they interpreted you as a possible threat and avoided you. When you returned later wearing the HECS, they had already had time to observe you and determine you were not a threat. A better "experiment" would have been if you had worn the HECS suit to start with, then returned afterwards wearing normal camos.

maybe you should try one and if it don't work send it back,the company has been around for quite a while and at least one hunting show endorses it. but i am not the scientist like some

Quote:at least one hunting show endorses it.

i wont lie. was skeptical until i knew the suit has a hunting show endorsement.

that alone should get kizmo to buy a suit for every member of the family.
w00t.gif

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotQuote:at least one hunting show endorses it.

i wont lie. was skeptical until i knew the suit has a hunting show endorsement.

that alone should get kizmo to buy a suit for every member of the family.
w00t.gif

Strong work...
smile.gif

I am with Kizmo on this one.... these guys probably saw how easy it was for the Scent eliminating clothing folks to pull the wool over hunters eye's and thought maybe they would fall for this too.

Originally Posted By: venaticI am with Kizmo on this one.... these guys probably saw how easy it was for the Scent eliminating clothing folks to pull the wool over hunters eye's and thought maybe they would fall for this too.

Totally agree with you. The Scentblocker camo folks won the lawsuit against them by the skin of their teeth. These folks won't be so lucky.

Originally Posted By: crapshoot People thought Columbus was crazy too. You never know.

Unlike the HECS camo company, Columbus had reality on his side.

Originally Posted By: boonecounty
The only animals that I'm aware of that can sense bioelectric fields are sharks, who have evolved special organs for that purpose.

Give that man a cigar. Some other fish and aquatic mammals can also do it, but electrodetection at a distance requires an aqueous environment for the electric impulses to travel, since water, especially water that is not pure (distilled) is a good conductor of electricity. Air, on the other hand, is a darn good electrical insulator.

Animals have senses... I think some people put off stronger vibes than others.. There is a lot of unknown out there...Believe what you want...But there is a lot of unknown out there about senses other than just magnetic and electric impulses...

Originally Posted By: dan158Animals have senses... I think some people put off stronger vibes than others.. There is a lot of unknown out there...Believe what you want...But there is a lot of unknown out there about senses other than just magnetic and electric impulses...

+1 on the snake oil...If you've already bought a HECS suit, I have a nice piece of ocean front property here in Missouri, I'd love to sell you.

Last edited:
I would like to believe but then how would I explain the deer who walked straight towards me while looking through me. He walked to my right within 10' and never saw, looked at or reacted to me. All I was wearing was multicam leaned over my rifle on a monopod (not prone) with a small mesquite 3' behind me. If the theory is true he should have seen and reacted to my presence. What I did have was the wind in my favor.

Last edited:
Back