Hate to start a rumor...

Originally Posted By: LUCKYDOGHey Winny Fan, I really wish you would chill out. These kind of forums are dropping like flies. A waterfowl forum that I have been a member of since 2005 just shut down. Members like you that just want to argue all the time are the biggest reason that drive these forums in the dirt. This is a great forum, try to enjoy it and not ruin it.

thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: LUCKYDOGHey Winny Fan, I really wish you would chill out. These kind of forums are dropping like flies. A waterfowl forum that I have been a member of since 2005 just shut down. Members like you that just want to argue all the time are the biggest reason that drive these forums in the dirt. This is a great forum, try to enjoy it and not ruin it.

Nah,
I don’t think arguing has anything to do with forums shutting down. All forums have arguments among members all the time.

Lots of other reasons in my opinion:

Declining numbers of new memberships.
Declining participation by established membership.....both leading to:
Loss of established sponsors.
Lack of new sponsors.

Poor management by the Admins,
and Facebook.

Just my opinion of course.

Forums are a reflection of society. It's no surprise to me that people act the way they do on here. Put a bunch of people that don't have any real experience regarding a topic in an anonymous space and they'll argue everything with everyone... because they don't have to prove their level of experience to share their worthless opinions. All they are concerned with is jockeying for their fake position to prop up their fragile and unsubstantiated egos.

Most people don't have the time, the money, the equipment, or the facilities to get the kind of experience required to even form a worthwhile opinion about most of the topics discussed on a site like this... but here they are, the same names, every day, spouting off at the mouth about things they've barely scratched the surface on. Such is the way of modern social media.

If people stopped doing that, the number of posts here each day would be reduced by 95%. Forums that expect their members to back up what they are saying with proof they've done the work have TONS of viewers... but extremely low activity.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: LUCKYDOGHey Winny Fan, I really wish you would chill out. These kind of forums are dropping like flies. A waterfowl forum that I have been a member of since 2005 just shut down. Members like you that just want to argue all the time are the biggest reason that drive these forums in the dirt. This is a great forum, try to enjoy it and not ruin it.

Nah,
I don’t think arguing has anything to do with forums shutting down. All forums have arguments among members all the time.

Lots of other reasons in my opinion:

Declining numbers of new memberships.
Declining participation by established membership.....both leading to:
Loss of established sponsors.
Lack of new sponsors.

Poor management by the Admins,
and Facebook.

Just my opinion of course.

I'd classify this as a non opinion, and more so based on fact, another reason I strongly believe is certain censorship, eliminating certain competition, also the number of members who have been banned, with more kills notched into their stock, than 99.9% of anyone here is a massive gap in knowledge based on real life data. I understand guys get upset, and get a strike or two then a lifetime ban, but it's hard to argue with guys who kill in upwards of a thousand a year. I wish those kind of guys were still here.
Instead we get monotonous redundancy, which, I just turn off.

All this BS over me saying I heard Varget was going to be hard to get then contradicting myself after talking to Hodgdon personally and confirming it not true. Never called anyone a liar, never called names, yet I poked the dog. Pretty petty all in all that its went this far over nothing. Guess thats just the way the world has went.

Most members on here are just hunters with regular lifes. Only a few are pro's doing it for a living. When the members ask a question, it may sound dumb or stupid to the Pro's but we all have to learn and asking a question, dumb or not, should be answered without feeling like they are being ridiculed for asking. The pro's weren't born pro's, they started by asking dumb questions to. Just because you think you are much smarter, maybe if you were in his world, you just might be the dumb one.

Originally Posted By: pyscodog
Most members on here are just hunters with regular lifes. Only a few are pro's doing it for a living. When the members ask a question, it may sound dumb or stupid to the Pro's but we all have to learn and asking a question, dumb or not, should be answered without feeling like they are being ridiculed for asking. The pro's weren't born pro's, they started by asking dumb questions to. Just because you think you are much smarter, maybe if you were in his world, you just might be the dumb one.

thumbup1.gif

Hard to argue with that.

At the link below is what’s left online of the exchange back in July 2017 that started all of this. IIRC, some of it no longer exists here as some posts were removed. Even though I haven't looked at it in over a year I have all of the deleted material as it once appeared on a computer back-up program, including the online comments from Rusty about wishing that someone would die in an airline crash rather than admit that he (Rusty) was completely wrong with his silly and frivolous tomato juice claim………

Many times here I simply shake my head, smile, and move on as someone expounds about the obvious only to them “facts” that they try to push with silly assertions. However, I draw a line at just moving on when on-line death wishes become part of the story.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...rue#Post3082725

Originally Posted By: pyscodogMost members on here are just hunters with regular lifes. Then maybe they should act accordingly... instead of acting like they know everything.

None of the "pro's" are anything but helpful when someone asks a question. It's asked, they answer. Then are immediately contradicted or attacked or both by a gaggle of people with no real experience.

QUESTIONS are not the problem.

No disrespect, but it's not really the "questions" people are complaining about but rather some use the firearms category almost like it's Dear Abby.

I don't know, maybe some are lonely and feel they just need to post something so they can create dialogue in hopes they get responses and they have someone to talk to and if that's your thing, no worries, but maybe consider doing so in a different category.

Forums are dying out in general, for the simple reason, that they don't compete well with newer more effective options for online advertising revenue.

Some forums, self inflict wounds on themselves beyond that. The antiquated software on this forum is an example of that. It's going to have to drastically modernize or just continue to sink until it's gone. Or, keeps going only because people are willing to pay to keep it going just for the sake of having it around.

Among the many reasons that other forms of social media are more attractive to advertisers, is the forum model for content. It used to work and work really well. But it doesn't work at all anymore. There is no incentive to put forth the effort to contribute quality content to almost any forum. No quality content, no attraction for clicks, no attraction for advertisers, no life expectancy.

If this forum ever does modernize the software, it seems highly unlikely the content will get ported. Not that this can't be done, but all signs indicated there isn't enough money here to even install new software, let alone do a bit of custom scripting to port the content.

I know that for myself, I've seen enough forums go under, and all the content I have contributed to those forums die with them, well, I don't do content for forums anymore, put it that way.

There are lots of other reasons this forum is dwindling. Some have been mentioned. But they are almost all dying. It's just not how money is made on the web anymore.

- DAA

By Orkan
None of the "pro's" are anything but helpful when someone asks a question. It's asked, they answer. Then are immediately contradicted or attacked or both by a gaggle of people with no real experience.

Well said.
Sometime ago Winny felt he had to tell the world I’m a dumb azz after I relayed my experiences shooting 500 fox with .22 55g FMJ in the 80s & 90s. I was only trying to help the OP with my real world experience in a bullet discussion. I never said they were great bullets, just that lotsa guys used them back in the day, and compared them to today’s great bullets. He ruined the thread...

Why the heck do you even reply to some of these posts, Whinny?!?! Cuz you’re smarter and have more experience than everyone else in everything firearms related? I don’t think so...

I’d bet next years wages you ain’t shot 1 canine with a FMJ.

Pull the throttle back a notch.

I’m not a pro, but grey in the beard and still gettin after em.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: K9SNIPERBy Orkan

Well said.
Sometime ago Winny felt he had to tell the world I’m a dumb azz after I relayed my experiences shooting 500 fox with .22 55g FMJ in the 80s & 90s. I was only trying to help the OP with my real world experience in a bullet discussion. I never said they were great bullets, just that lotsa guys used them back in the day, and compared them to today’s great bullets. He ruined the thread...
Why the heck do you even reply to some of these posts, Whinny?!?! Cuz you’re smarter and have more experience than everyone else in everything firearms related? I don’t think so...
I’d bet next years wages you ain’t shot 1 canine with a FMJ.
Pull the throttle back a notch.
I’m not a pro, but grey in the beard and still gettin after em.

IIRC, the link below takes you to the thread that you are referring to. I looked and I didn't see me calling anyone a dumb azz. I will say again that if you shoot a fox at 22-250 velocities, more often than not the results aren't good no matter what bullet is used. Several other posters seemed to agree with my comments concerning bullet choices. Did they ruin the thread also, or was it just me? I also noticed that I agreed completely with you on one of your posts concerning Sierra 52 Grain HP bullets.

FMJ bullets are not the best choice is what I was saying in your thread, but it does happen.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...7635&page=1

I'm not a betting man so I won't take your money. But I will say that the last time that I shot a coyote was in late August in far south Texas near the border on private land with an AR with 55 grain FMJ bullets. Coyotes in far south Texas are never worth keeping for fur, as is the case in many parts of Texas. And what I did using an AR and FMJ bullets was not a new experience for me.

For the record, I had the AR with me but I wasn't looking for coyotes. It just happened to wander by. And I've never considered or have I tried to pass myself off as a "pro" at anything. I do have considerable experience at most types of hunting but I've never taken money for it nor have I tried to pass myself off as a "pro".

Originally Posted By: K9SNIPER He ruined the thread...

Why the heck do you even reply to some of these posts, Whinny?!?! Cuz you’re smarter and have more experience than everyone else in everything firearms related? I don’t think so.

thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif

Whiney is the only one here that I have blocked. And for good reason.

Originally Posted By: DAAForums are dying out in general, for the simple reason, that they don't compete well with newer more effective options for online advertising revenue.

- DAA

+1000. The speed people get information from Facebook, Instagram and YouTube is pretty amazing. Which is why I would think a lot of these forums would accept more competition, instead of certain vendors or sponsors.

Look at the Hide, tons of competition in the same pool, and it's growing, despite social media.

I hope Predator Masters continues to grow, as I enjoy coming here and reading peoples experiences and knowledge. It's been a good one "to me" over the years!

except we get to have the same old [beeep] argument over and over. because people are butthurt about [beeep] cans of tomato juice.

t85n2.jpg

Back