Had a dog shot today!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: youngdon What are you going to do with your new .22?

Why in the world would anyone want a 22 with poo all over it?
cool.gif

Sure glad to hear Spotlight is doing ok.

I do believe you are on target(no pun intended) thinking; "When the Time is Right." Some folks learn best when correctives are issued via their pocketbook. In the end patience can can be the best advantage and provide the ulitimate opportunity. Just a thought.

Best wishes for Spotlight and prosperity for you and yours.

Craig

Duane,
I know that you and I have been at odds a few times, but I just read this and want to express how sorry I am about Spotlight being shot. Spotlight has my genuine and sincerest prayers sent for a full and speedy recovery. I cannot imagine how stupid and sorry a S.O.B. has to be to shoot another fellers hunting dog. Could they have been shooting at the coyote and accidently hit Spotlight? Even then that was terrible judgment and when they realized they accidently shot Spotlight they should have immediately found you and tried their dead level best to try to make it right somehow. That would be bad enough; however, if they did it on purpose… well that is something else again. Give ol’ Spotlight a little something special from all of us here at PM and best of luck to both of you.

All in all it could of been much worse. If the dogs didn't have enough sense to disengage the coyote and come haulin azz back towards you when Spotlight got shot, you may of had 3 dogs shot. Or even worse, some dead ones.

Be watching for the report tonight on his condition.

My dogs are not gunshy, I shoot over and around them all the time, I don't know why they "quit". Best I can figure is he was shot crossing a lane, and thats why they "missed"(I say missed because a shot in the flank is a poor shot)After the shot I was to my dogs in less than a min, and whistled. Good or bad, I know the ranch, and the rig where Spotlight was shot. I just need to figure out who pulled the trigger,before I "SETTLE THINGS".

Think it over for a while so you come out ok and not get into trouble too. Enough good friends can provide an alibi. I've had dogs shot and know how hard it is to keep your cool. Stay strong.

Shayne

This ain't my "first rodeo", and I don't like jail.
As said before, this will be settled when the time is right.
By the Grace of God ,Spotlight looks like he will be okay, I had to open the wound today so it can drain.It was healin on the outside,I don't want the nasty stuff inside.I'm sure glad my dogs are easy to handle.Thru this whole deal, he has not been sedated, just handled gently. 90# of catahoulla would be no fun if he "flipped a switch".

Originally Posted By: Duane@ssuThanks for all the prayers and kind advise.
The bullet was a .22 rimfire, and by the Grace of God, was in the flank, didn't get into the guts. Some muscle damage, but he is moving around the yard alittle at a time, and sleeping a bunch.I was real happy he was alive at 5 am.
As for the rest, I won't call the law.
It will be handled when the time is right.

oh boy looks like we might have fun next week, save some for me duane i'll b in tues morn.

Wonder if it was a youngster that thought it was a pack of yotes? .22 rimfire, poor shot...not leading the target enough......didnt fess up. Just puttin my sub par IQ to work and adding my $.02. No excuse no matter who it was. There are quite a few posts here and its nice to see that even though some of us have been at odds with eachother, we all agree on this topic. Happy to learn that Spotlight is gonna be ok. Best wishes and prayers.

Tony

I'll have to post a pic of Spotlight, he don't look like a yote. Anyone that thinks he does, shouldn't have a loaded gun.
confused.gif

Buddies.jpg

KerryCarveryote1.jpg

Last edited:
Power, I wasn't getting on ya, you made a valid point. Just had to show ya the pics. I know what the deal is/was.
The time for discussion, and excuses is used up. This will be handled when the time is right. I'm willing to bet the ranch, this guy don't shoot another dog.
Thanks for the kind words, Duane

Duane glad to hear that spotlight is going to be okay. I hate to be the person who shot spotlight. Have you found out who it was that pulled the trigger?

The only way that your dog would look like a coyote is if he was carrying one in his mouth.

I hope the person that shot your dog, get what they deserve from you.

Back