Guess coyotes weight and WIN !!!!

Now wait a minute. I see rope in this picture, incdicating the weight on the scale is not the true weight of the coyote, but of the coyote and the rope together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That rope's gotta weigh, what, 8.3 lbs or there abouts? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Byron,

Twice as big as my last dog!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
coyote11-19-04001.jpg

Iron Mike,

I'm trying to learn to tooth them, but for now it's just a guess. I would say 5-6 years old.

That coyote was killed here in East Texas. We kill quite a few here in East Texas every year that will weigh in the mid 40's (mature males), and every know and then kill one that tops 50. I hunt quite a bit out west as well and those coyotes average 8-10 pounds lighter. here is a picture of a yearling we killed on Saturday didn't weigh him but I would guess he wouold weigh around 20-22 pounds.
DSC00257.jpg

Deaddog,

Thanks for the picture /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif .

Good Hunting

Byron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I thought this would be a fun contest when I saw the post. I think many guys are right when they are in the 37-40 pound range. Up here in Ontario our coyotes can get pretty big. One season I shot two that went 42 pounds. I have heard of some that are suppose to weigh more then that but I have not SEEN one that weighed more then that. I think they were just guesses and the weight of the guess was in proportion to how far they had to drag or carry to the road. My guess is 39.5 pounds.

Pat Cameron

Ill say 45.7 lbs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Byron, that dog looks a whole lot like a picture of the biggest coyote I ever heard of being killed around here, he went 55 pounds, so that's my guess. By the way, most of the big ones I kill around here come in between 30 and 40 pounds.

The contest is now over. Byron said the weight of the coyote was 45.7#s.He shows the weight on a scale in the picture midway down 3rd page.

Byron you've created a monster here with a life of its own.Lots of fun though.Anybody got a bobcat to guess the weight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif .take care,daveyboy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for all the new guesses but..........

THE CONTEST WAS OVER AT 4:00PM YESTERDAY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ducksoup was the lucky winner with a guess of 45 3/4 pounds.

This was an East Texas coyote, they will average about 8-10 pounds heavier than the West Texas coyotes. Here is a picture of one we killed last year thet weighed slightly over 50#'s

DSC00454.jpg

Thanks again for all the guesses, and congrats to Ducksoup.

Daveyboy,
Heres you a bobcat hanging on soom scales. I may post this with a new contest latter in the week.

DSC00317.jpg

PLEASE, DON'T START GUESSING THE CATS WEIGHT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Byron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back