Fully camo'd rifle

Evil Lurker, I also use the tape with the same intent, to swictch to snow camo. I see someone posted on here that the tape affects accuracy, have you had trouble with this?

I got a lesson in camo last fall. I was calling with my 204 and my Benelli SBEII. The Benelli is full camo dipped. A coyote came to a ridge top about 600 yards away and just sat and looked. I left the shotgun laying where I was sitting and crawled over the hill to sneak around toward the coyote. I never got the coyote but when I got to where he had been sitting, I wondered what was shining where I had been sitting. I looked through the binoculars and it was the Benelli shining like a new penny with the sun on it. Lesson 1: Anything with a smooth surface can shine if the sun hits it right. Lesson 2: Use the shade as much as possible.

The paint jobs look cool, but then so does my Benelli.

I've used wrap and Krlyon paint, and I prefer the Krylon paint. Sure it scratches a little, but it still looks good after years of abuse and it touches up easily. PLus it's cheap and gets the job done.

Wrapped the barrel of my shotgun and painted the receiver to kill the glare. Painted my 10/22 just for kicks, and painted my hunting AR which sees a lot of use and still maintains a good camo finish. Just like drhart said above, though, anything with a flat surface can shine - look how my AR picked up the camera flash by the mag well.

camo_3guns.jpg

I used Camo-Clad on my Browning lever rifle and it wears like iron.I have had it on for about 4 years and it still looks great. It goes on easy and stays on if applied per instructions.

Quote:I see someone posted on here that the tape affects accuracy, have you had trouble with this?

It's an AR with a float tube, so there's no way it could affect accuracy. I used paper bow tape on the barrel ahead of the tube, and it's shot 1/2" groups since I camoed it, so I'm going to say no effect.
wink.gif

On the air rifle, the barrel is clamped to the air tubes front and rear, so the tape doesn't really make any difference.

Now, if you have a floated barrel in a "traditional" stock, and wrapped the barrel to the stock, you might see a problem.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of mine-
Remington LVSF in .22-250 done in Backlands West camo with SureGrip
Febdipping013.jpg

DC custom AR in .223 done in Kings Desert Shadow also in SureGrip
AR15.jpg

SureGrip gives the gun a "rubberized" feel almost like a Hogue over molded stock.

Back