FoxPro stuttering

Randy,

That's exactly what your doing on the flipside. I have owned WT and they didn't work for me. You have owned f0xpr0 and that hasn't worked for you.

IMO your the one who is supporting a poor product with a terrible reputation and no honor. I know your opinion is different than mine and that's OK by me. As long as I believe I'm lined up on the right side of the ball I really don't care who lines up on the other side.

I don't know who has the best caller or the most problems. I do know who will stand behind their products and tell you the truth about consumer problems or concerns. I also know when I call in for service that someone will answer the phone or return my call.

The main point Randy is missing is that there are thousands of FoxPro ecallers sold with no problems at all. You will read about a few issues when you sell way more products than other companies. How you handle those issues speaks volumes about the company you are dealing with. I am proud of FoxPro and what they have contributed to the industry, and how they handle their customers' issues. You can count on them today, and you will always be able to count on them. They make user friendly products that are popular and will become more popular as years go by. They don't stand still with the development of products, and they don't lie.

I agree,FOXPRO has always gone above and beyond to fix my calls no matter if it was warranty issue or operator error. Flying off the truck at 50 mph or being run over by a snowmobile come to mind...lol.

I am experiencing this same issue on my Krakatoa 2. I actually just emailed them about this today. I too have made sure batteries are fully charged. Mine also seems to only have this issue when the volume is over 30. I will update here when I get a resolution.

I called about my shockwave last week. They know they have a problem, and their Tecs. are working to find a fix. They took my phone no. and I was told they would call when they came up with a fix. I would advise that anyone that is having this problem, and you know for sure it's not just battery related to give them a call to make them aware of it.

Update: I just got off the phone with CS from FoxPro and I think the issue has been resolved. They emailed me a new set of files, I downloaded them, deleted the old files from my Krakatoa II, then reinstalled the new files. Seems like more work than it is, it's pretty simple. I haven't had it out on a set yet, but played many of the sounds and couldn't get it to "scramble" again. The CS Rep from FoxPro encouraged anyone having this issue to call them. Hopefully, they are all easy fixes like this!

When you say files are you talking about just FoxPro sounds? I have sounds from several different call makers, and it will stutter with some of those also.

Last edited:
So if new files are the answer, is it all the sound files and if so are they going to replace all of our sound files we own?

Yes, I was speaking to just FoxPro sounds. I am not sure what you would need to do in order to stop the scrambling on non FP sounds. Maybe it's a corrupt file within their sounds that is creating the scrambling? You could delete just the FP sounds and then reprogram the caller with an updated FP file, and see if that corrects the issue. I haven't put mine through all the paces yet, so I can't be for certain that this is 100% fixed, but it hasn't done it again yet.

It has be more than just a corrupt file, if that was the problem that sound would stutter every time you played it.

I have owned 2 shockwaves, and had the same sounds on both. I sold the first one back in the summer, and never had the first problem with it stuttering while playing any sound.

I ordered the one I have know from Foxpro around the first of November, and it will stutter maybe on one sound per stand and sometimes it will do it on 2-3 sounds. Well I hunted with it yesterday and it didn't do it the first time. So who knows what is going on.

All I know is when I called about the problem the person I spoke with told me they knew they had a problem, because they had been getting calls for about 3 weeks about it, and thier Tecs. where working on a fix and when they came up with one they would call me. ( Still waiting on a call) I've got to send it in anyway because the battery meter on the caller will show full charge on dead batteries. I just want to wait until early summer unless it gets worse with the sound problem.

I should have added when it does stutter, it only does it for 2-3 seconds.

Last edited:
My Fusion stutters and I use Sanyo Eneloops, my partners did the same thing with Foxpro batteries, I know 3 other guys with Fusions, one guy has the problem the other doesn't and not sure about the third? My batteries just got a fresh charge so we'll see what happens. Never had that problem with my Shockwave. Going to keep watch for an update and call Foxpro.

I called FoxPro,and sent them a email about my shockwave stuttering. Here is the response I got.

Paul,

Thank you for contacting us. We are aware of the "stuttering" issue that has been affecting a limited number of products in the field. It seems to be limited to a handful of Shockwave, CS24C, and Krakatoa II models. The engineering team has been working to investigate and resolve the issue. Right now we are assembling a list of individuals who are experiencing the problem. After the engineers have provided a definite fix for the issue, we will contact all individuals on the list and let them know what can be done. I can gladly add your name and email address to the list. Ultimately, I have no ETA on when that fix may be available. Occasionally, reloading the sounds has worked for some, but not all.

Last edited:
My krakatoa 1 started crackling with the sounds and it wouldn't stop till I disconnected the batteries and reconnected them. Then it would be fine for awhile (10 stands) and it would happen again. It started doing it the other night and then it just quit working all together. Called FoxPro and sent it in on Monday not sure the problem yet. Still won't ever buy another brand caller bc FoxPro has been so good to me with their service.

Just sent my fusion to Fox Pro today for this issue. It's not the batteries and it is inconsistent except it is only at the higher volumes and higher pitch sounds on my call. This fusion does it on almost every stand lately, almost like its getting worse. I'm sure Foxpro will take care of it. I do wish I had just got a new CS 24 now.

I have experienced the stuttering issue with my Fury.I believe it is a clipping problem,and partially related to battery power levels.

When you turn on your unit,where do you set the volume on the call?I usually set mine around 1 oclock.The clipping happens when I get the remote volume in the high 20's.Should the caller volume be set higher to get more headroom for the amp,and possibly stop the clipping?
Also what is the lowest voltage the Fury will operate at when the batteries start to drain?
thanks
GJ

Originally Posted By: gj169I have experienced the stuttering issue with my Fury.I believe it is a clipping problem,and partially related to battery power levels.

When you turn on your unit,where do you set the volume on the call?I usually set mine around 1 oclock.The clipping happens when I get the remote volume in the high 20's.Should the caller volume be set higher to get more headroom for the amp,and possibly stop the clipping?
Also what is the lowest voltage the Fury will operate at when the batteries start to drain?
thanks
GJ

You don't have to turn the volume knob up at all when you are going to operate with the remote. That has been true on all the models I have owned or field tested. Just so it is turned on.

Back