FoxPro stuttering

ultramag

My FoxPro has started stuttering when playing certain howls at volumes above 30. Could the sound card be going bad?

My shock wave does it too sometimes. Seems random on mine. Seems to happen at the higher volume levels. More when Foxmotion is on. Might be bad sound files or something to do with the lithium battery pack on mine. Haven't narrowed it down yet. Doesn't seem to happen using the AA's. Lithium pack is fully charged..

Last edited:
Yeah I have three sets of batteries I carry,last night it did it with a set right off the charger. I should also mention I noticed the green light flashing when it does it,then it goes off.

Could be a bad cell but I would think my smart charger would pick it out.

It is a Fury and fxp sounds,mostly the high end of any Howl cuts out. It really p1sses me off because it seems every FoxPro I've had has bent sent back once a season. I don't like the tx100 remote so I'm sticking with the Fury AND I don't like the newer model without the exterior antenna so I'm keeping the one I have....

I had a hunch it was a Fury, on my go to Foxpro and Bill Austin Howls I used Audacity to normailize the sounds to 85%, I keep enough volume but it creates a buffer to stop any stuttering or clipping..

Originally Posted By: lowtempguruI had a hunch it was a Fury, on my go to Foxpro and Bill Austin Howls I used Audacity to normailize the sounds to 85%, I keep enough volume but it creates a buffer to stop any stuttering or clipping.. Can't do anything with fxp files on audacity. It seems to be able new problem aswell. What does it have to do with it being an fury?

with a little ingenuity anything is possible with Audacity,... Bummer on your problem I'm betting the horn speaker is failing over a section of storage being bad on the mother board.

I had this problem happen the last two nights. Batteries were completely charged Fox Pro rechargeables that are less than a month old. Call was on the roof of the truck. On some of the howls the volume was as Los as the low twenties when it would skip or stutter. It would also do it on some rabbit distress sounds. This is a Fusion by the way and all the sounds are from Fox Pro. Outside temps were in the high twenties and low thirties. Is this the call or something I'm overlooking? I've had other calls do this and it was always batteries. This shouldn't be the case this time.

I notice the stuttering on my shockwave once in a while with the rechargeable batts full charge 13.8 volts or so. Not sure its a batt problem. And its not on all sounds.

have you called foxpro? we can guess all we like, but they can actually solve it
wink.gif

Yote yoda I am not laughing at Ultra's problem.

What I find humorous is the tolerance of poor quality products and the support of the same products.

Yourself, possum, etc turn any WT post into a personal attack thus stopping others from posting information etc. Maybe that is your intention.

As the daily posts reveal there are lots and lots of issues. These people have spent their hard earned dollars purchasing these products expecting more. Not all, some are very happy but clearly whether it be reliability or sounds users have some very real concerns.

Back