foxpro shockwave anygood?

Originally Posted By: jerry malbeckBeing a Fieldstaff member I have every FoxPro caller they have made .
The Shockwave is by far the BEST caller Foxpro has released to the public.
The sound is crisp and clear even on high volume ,If you use a caller as much as i do , The remote alone is worth the price .
We called in close to 0 degree weather this weekend and the remote worked better then any remote i have ever used .
The cold had no effect on the function, No need to keep it warm in your pocket And battery life is excellent.
The sound functions allow you to mix sounds and create a stand that call shy coyotes have never heard .
The vocals are so realistic and clear .
Truly a caller that will be hard to top in many ways .
The Shockwave is replacing my CS24 , I didnt think that would ever happen .Hope this helps , Jerry .

Although I am not a field staff member, I totally agree with what he says. I have always been a stickler about the sound quality of the sounds and on my fury and sp55, I would have to drop the volume on some sounds to keep them from distorting. The Shockwave plays them clear at all volumes. I find the volume very similar as well to that fury/sp55 setup. I love the caller.

Just hunted in 5 degree weather and everything was good. Kept remote close to my body and set the caller 100 yards away. I have tested remote out to 200 and it always worked and without delay. We have called and killed several coyotes since Xmas with the Shockwave.

Shockwave remote is the biggest asset and the clarity at HIGH volume is un-real.

Still use the Spitfire and Fury but when FoxPro releases a FoxJack for the Shockwave it will be my go to e call. I know they will come out with one as I think the Shockwave is now the number one seller for FoxPro.

I hunt with my Uncle a lot who is a FoxPro Staffer. He uses the CS24B. IMO the CS24B is louder but the Shockwave has the better remote and more clarity on high volume & high pitched sounds. I have a Fury/SP55 combo and the volume is equal but some sounds that distort at high volume on the Fury DO NOT distort on my Shockwave. For real tight area's we have had really good luck with our Spitfire. It doesn't compare to the other callers in volume or bells and whistles but it is a very effective caller for coyotes. Spitfire is very light and easy to carry.

Last edited:
They are different shapes so it's hard to compare them as far as size goes. I think they weigh about the same but I like the shape of the Shockwave and to me that makes it easier to transport.

I have owned the FX3, FX5, and the CS24. I am currently FoxProless. I will upgrade to the Shockwave when: the hinges are reversed so the panel faces away from the coyotes when opened, the remote stops eating batteries, and when the port doors stay shut.

Originally Posted By: cmateraI have owned the FX3, FX5, and the CS24. I am currently FoxProless. I will upgrade to the Shockwave when: the hinges are reversed so the panel faces away from the coyotes when opened, the remote stops eating batteries, and when the port doors stay shut.

Remote definetely eats batteries. It's functionality outweighs it's battery appetitie.

Never thought about the screen direction and the speakers. The backlight goes off after a few seconds and only lights up again when touched manually. Changing functions with remote doesn't turn it back on so seems like a non issue.

Don't like the small port doors, (could use a redesign) or at least all open in the up direction so they don't have to fight gravity to stay closed. I saw them as a problem when I first got it. I haven't added any accessories and they've been fine but can see where they could become an issue.

Sometimes I wonder. With all the FoxPro staffers, field testers etc. does anyone try this stuff before it goes into production? Most these issues seem pretty obvious to anyone who would have used the product for a few days. Are they too busy kissin' butt to save a C Note or does FP just not listen to what they say a forge ahead with production once they design a product?

I'd be interested in a number in hours on that as well. If I could at least get 8 hours out of it, I'd be OK. Glad to hear the back light goes off after a few seconds. I'd probably turn in on before I even walked to put it out. I read somewhere where someone claimed to have found a "fix" to make the port covers stay shut, but he did not elaborate. Must be some big secret. The port cover thing is a big issue for an item being used outdoors. I still remember using my remote while in a ZipLoc bag, but prefer not to have to resort to any such measures on my new caller. I'm still a FoxPro guy. Their definitely still the best thing out there IMHO. I'll just use my hand calls for awhile until they work out some of the bugs. I'm sure I'll get busted some though when they're looking at the sound and it's me.

I have had my Shockwave for a little over a week now. I use the Enegerizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in the remote. According to Foxdata I have 10 sets in and 8 hours and 15 minutes of on time...this does not include the on time for programing...learning the remote and such. The battery indicator for the first time today came off the full charge mark. I was using the single play mode which meant I had to frequently push the play button...also note that I am using the daytime theme which keeps the screen white with black text. I turned the remote back on to transfer the foxdata file and the battery level reads full again.

I am very impressed with the battery life on both the caller and remote...I am using Synergery 2600 mh NIMH batteries in the caller. The caller has over 5 hours on the last charge and it still shows near full....My Fury would have required the batteries be charged already.

As far as the covers go I talked to FP support before I bought the caller....they said that some of the covers were installed with the bottom pushed in to far and to pull on the bottom of the tab just enough to let the cover close. Mine didn't have this problem so I don't know if that actually works or not.

I can tell you out of the 3 other FP calls I have had this one by far is louder and clearer...I have had no issues with it and find the remote great for my old eyes and it really is easy to use. The folder system is a huge plus...you no longer have to search though all your sounds to find what you are looking for.

I use the fox motion a lot and have that linked to the user button. I like the speed of 2-Mslow the best. The fox fusion is my second favorite feature I already have some of my own mixed sounds so now I can have 3 different sounds going at once if I want to.

Quick questions on the Ultimate Li Ion batteries in the remote. Are they rechargeable or throw away, do they require a special charger? AAA or AA? Sounds like they figured out the port cover issue.

I just got mine in the mail today. Clarity is the best of any ecaller I've heard. It's also good and loud, which was my main complaint in the past. The biggest thing, as already mentioned, is the remote. This thing is the smartphone of remotes and sets the bar now for everyone. Huge step forward. Remote is worth the asking price alone. Almost everything I wished my past Foxpro callers would do/have, this one does.

Caller is awesome
Got the foxpro batterie pack and charger with it. I've hunted all of jan with it about 19 mornings and still have half life on the batteries

I also use Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in my Shockwave Remote and get excellent battery life. I use the FoxPro Ten Cell Rechargeable Pack in the caller and I am Very Happy with it.
thumbup.gif

http://www.gofoxpro.com/site/products/accessories/10-aa-nimh-welded-battery-kit

Originally Posted By: ck204Love my new shockwave!! I don't see how they could improve any over this caller. Get it, you won't regret.

Look for camo options in Oct/Nov 2013 if you consider that an upgrade.

Last edited:
Back