foxpro shockwave anygood?

desert dave

Hi all just looking for some opinions on the new shockwave caller thinking about mabe getting a new call or should i just keep the old fx5? Thanks

2012-12-28_08-36-38_33.jpg

I absolutely love the shockwave...after upgrading from the Fury and before that was the FX5.. You will never regret the upgrade, also the FX5 is not compatible with alot of the new sounds FoxPro has to offer. The remote itself is worth the upgrade. I know when I upgraded my FX3 to the FX5 for the new remote I was sure it could not get any better..then the Fury came out and FoxPro once again outdone themselves. I honestly don't know how they can top the shockwave...but when they do I will be upgrading ..

Dave,
I've had mine now for a month or so and still waiting to use it in the field. I noticed while setting up the sounds and organizing things the new features on the remote are pretty nice and easy to use. I've been running a Fury for about 4 years now and although there isn't a thing wrong with it, I really do like all the bells and whistles the Shockwave has. The only problem I face now is I can't blame the caller. Now, if only I were out in the field chasin em instead of posting I could have better info for you!

Kevin

CoyoteKrazy,

What kind of range do you get with the remote, or have you tried it out at 100 yards or more?

Also, I see where you are and I think am probably educating your dogs.
blushing.gif

Sorry about that! LOL

My Shockwave Remote worked to 250 yards line of sight and 190 yards when the caller was setting in tall grass. These were the yardages where the remote worked consistently. It worked at farther ranges but it was hit and miss.

I know for a fact that the remote works out at 300 yards. I shot a coyote at about 100 yards, I had to track him about 200 yards from where I shot him..finished him off with my shotgun and when I shot theit coyote itand activated the FoxBang...scared the crap out of me!!!!
Vance it seems like everyone is educating the dogs in my area... I have been traveling a little more this year so I could be hunting in your area...where in southern Utah ya from...if ya don't want to post it shoot me a PM..

My Shockwave showed yesterday and the little bit I have played around with it in the house I have been very impressed. I really like the remote. It is very easy to navigate. The remote is probably the single greatest feature of the Shockwave. I anticipate having some pretty good luck with this caller once I get a chance to get out and give it a test drive. I don't think you will regret updating to the Shockwave.

Just order the new shockwave with 170 picked sounds hope i made the right choice everyone seems happy with them for the most part thanks for all the info

Being a Fieldstaff member I have every FoxPro caller they have made .
The Shockwave is by far the BEST caller Foxpro has released to the public.
The sound is crisp and clear even on high volume ,If you use a caller as much as i do , The remote alone is worth the price .
We called in close to 0 degree weather this weekend and the remote worked better then any remote i have ever used .
The cold had no effect on the function, No need to keep it warm in your pocket And battery life is excellent.
The sound functions allow you to mix sounds and create a stand that call shy coyotes have never heard .
The vocals are so realistic and clear .
Truly a caller that will be hard to top in many ways .
The Shockwave is replacing my CS24 , I didnt think that would ever happen .Hope this helps , Jerry .

Jerry it was a relief to read your post....I have been on the fence between the CS24b and the Shockwave. I sold my Fury II this evening and I pick up my Shockwave tomorrow morning. I hope to brave this sub zero wind chill tomorrow evening to try it out.

Back