? for ccw guys, to shoot or not to shoot

I too would like to clarify that the situation dictates all and as I usually post from my phone. I really don't have the time or energy to explain every detail of a situation that may or may not ever cone up. Sometimes I forget that people on here do not know me. If you did you would know that jeopardizing innocent life is something I would not ever intend to do. It was just my opinion that if the situation was just right, I would engage an armed assailant if I thought they were a threat to a percieved innocent life, not just my own.

GC, I am going to assume that the internet sniper comment was not directed at me even though it was directly following a quote from one of my posts. If it was I apologize for coming off as a know it all. But I can assure you I know exactly what happens when someone is shot, and I didn't read it on the internet

FYIY When I lived in a Chicago suburb there was a bad guy who walked 7 people into the back room cooler(fast food chicken joint) and shot everyone of them in the head. That was a situation that COULD have been ended by a CCW. Took 3-4 years before they caught the shooter - an ex, disgruntled employee.

Like stated above: Every situation is different and a CCW reaction requires forethought and opportunity/reason.

I am a CCW and GOD forbid I would need to use, but, use it I will if its my, friends, and families lives at stake.

JMHO

Originally Posted By: dog1whckrFYIY When I lived in a Chicago suburb there was a bad guy who walked 7 people into the back room cooler(fast food chicken joint) and shot everyone of them in the head. That was a situation that COULD have been ended by a CCW. Took 3-4 years before they caught the shooter - an ex, disgruntled employee.

Like stated above: Every situation is different and a CCW reaction requires forethought and opportunity/reason.

I am a CCW and GOD forbid I would need to use, but, use it I
will if its my, friends, and families lives at stake.

JMHO

Ah yes the Browne's Chicken Massacre in Palatine. I think it took almost 10 years to catch those a**holes.
Two months ago I almost lost my best friend. He is a small business owner and recently had two guys just try to rob his tattoo shop in the south suburbs. After being in the shop for 15 minutes acting shady one said "sorry I have to do this to ya get in the back" at this point one of the assailants pulled a gun and started walking my friend P to the back room. My friend B had a feeling something was going to happen and thank god had his little Keltec 32 acp in his pocket and had his hand on the gun when the other guy told him to "get on the f-ing ground". B got the drop on him before he had gotten his gun out. This is where it gets really crazy, when my friend pulled the trigger the primer went off but the powder failed to ignite or was it was compromised because the bullet was on the floor and powder was all over the counter. Robber flips out and runs out of the shop dropping a cell phone. At this point the other assailant, who is walking our other friend to the back room hears the commotion, and turns around and starts shooting at my friend who is now turning to shoot at him. They exchanged gunfire ( B has another round jam) and luckily neither of my friends got hurt, nor did the assailants to anyone knowledge. The fact that my friend was able to act I am convinced saved their lives. It was a miracle he was able to react to the threat first and foremost and also rectify 2 malfunctions with his gun while still managing to engage the robbers.
Sad world we live in. There are a lot of people who do not want to work for their money and they do not value human life at least around here (Chicago / Gary). I do not trust a lot of criminals today to be happy with just taking the money, they do not want to leave witnesses. I also do not trust the media and public to respect the act defense of one's self or the innocent. It would be a slippery slope and I hope I never have to experience it.

Armed robbery is a dangerous occupation. They are a threat to life. Citizens are not bound by the same rules as a Government agent. Just make [beeep] sure you have the will to actually use the tool at hand. As stated, you are entitled to legal representation after the incident. Be prepared and have an attorney or two's phone number. Most law enforcement understands this, there's a huge difference between an armed robber and an armed citizen doing the right thing at the right time. Every day in our nation citizens lawfully employ firearms in self defense of themselves and others. Of course as stated that doesn't stop the attorneys from telling tall tales later in court. I'm betting if you care enough to ask you wouldn't be able to stand the "what if" questions if the clerk was murdered. Be smart, be careful and know the law regarding citizens arrests. If the day comes... be decisive. All the best.

RJH Spot on. I lived two miles from there between Palatine and Barrington and frequented Browns Chicken. And, for the next couple of years, the cops found an array of dead folk in the same general area. It was just ONE shooter at Browns. The 'other' people killed? were not involved or related to the Brown's deal. No serial killer.

Last edited:
Back