First Peek at the 22-NXS!!

Originally Posted By: GLShooterI bet if he showed up at a varmint contest it wouldn't matter.

Greg

Since I've never showed up at a contest myself, and don't ever want to, for sure it wouldn't matter to me! But it might matter at the contest. A lot of them have prizes for littlest animal.
laugh.gif

- DAA

What ever a guy wants. Ten should be plenty as it's just a 6.8 case. I don't think Ritch is in to magazine dumps when hunting.

Greg

Ritch hit the desert this AM with some of the Hagar brass I sent him. Bumping up the CFE loads a bit and still no pressure showing. It was windy and lots of mirage and he did send me a nice group that went 0.348 CTC despite the atmospherics at 3700 FPS.

He got home and sized the brass he was shooting today. This is the fifth firing and the fifth sizing below. No bulges showing and they are looking pristine. The primer pockets remain tight per Ritch. He says he still has some room to go on the CFE and is hoping to get a nice rainy and calm day to really see what this one will do.

fjq4Esz.jpg

Hopefully mine will be here soon.

Greg

Last edited:
That's pretty awesome, I rarely get 5 loading out of the hot rods. Looking forward to more. I wonder how Creedmoor Sports is going to feel when they sell their Hagar run in a couple of weeks lol

Originally Posted By: Dirty HippieThat's pretty awesome, I rarely get 5 loading out of the hot rods. Looking forward to more. I wonder how Creedmoor Sports is going to feel when they sell their Hagar run in a couple of weeks lol

It just got pushed back two more weeks. They'll sell out fast but several other suppliers had it for a long time after yhe last time they ran out.

I'm pushing Starline on this. If everyone would start emailing and calling them about the interest it might help.

Greg

6mm Hagar brass is in stock at creedmoor sports.com $325/500. Small primer.

The coupon code doesn’t work for free shipping. Small custom runs don’t get free ship.

GL Shooter would you consider trying Hornady the new 88gr ELD match bullet with bc. 545? Really curious what velocities
Are possible in 22-NXS with this bullet. But It may not stabilize in 1:8 twist but 1:7 might work.

Also what kind of price did it cost for that 24” barrel from tactical ordinance? Are all their barrels polygon rifling?
Thanks.

Don't know if this will help you, but here are some speeds from my .22x6.8 polygon barrel Ritch built. 22-NXS may do more.

52gr hornady 3857 fps
55gr sierra #1365 3623 fps
60 gr sierra #1375 3475 fps
The only issues I have had are primer pockets. Six to Eight loadings before I throw them away. No splits on any casings.

I'll shoot some of the odd stuff when I get the barrel and see what the speeds are. Perhaps the extra velocity will make up for the twist rate. Paper and chronograph will tell.

All the top end barrels that Ritch handles are polygon five land. They do make some Enfield stuff in the other mundane chamberings too but all the wildcats will be true polygons.

Ritch will handle sales on all if the Tactical Ordinance barrels in the wildcats like the LBC's, 6.8 variants and this one. Prices will be the same as he has on his 24" will be $314 on his site with adjustment for profile and finish. This one isn't listed yet nor is the 22 Nosler. The Nosler is available for order now.

Greg

Originally Posted By: varminter .223So.....what are real life accurate speeds with 55s without pushing brass life etc?

Ritch is shooting between the 55's at 0.3 and 0.5 easily. Nothing has exceeded MOA. Speeds started at 3620 and have now been up to 3700. This is out of a 20" barrel. Pressures are still excellent. Nothing is indicating it won't shoot well at higher speeds. This is with CFE and he has some others loaded up he will try. Once I get my 24" tube I'll pour the coal to it and we'll see what we can get.

Brass life is now on five firings. Pockets are tight and the concern over case bulge from holding the die off the shell holder has been comfortably put to rest. I predict 9-10 loads at same speeds.

Greg

Great info. GL Shooter.
What are the differences between 22 Nosler barrel using 6.8 bolt and 6mm Hagar brass and
22-NXS barrel? Just not clear on that. Thanks.

Back