Fellow Massachusetts hunters

Originally Posted By: MikeyT'sAre we allowed to use a shotgun for hunting coyotes during deer archery season? I didnt think you could use a firearm during archery so havent tried for any yet, but if thats not the case maybe ill give the coyotes a go this week

Rifles or shotguns until December 1st, have at it. Theres a million bird hunters out there and they have no problem shooting a whole case of rounds during archery deer season.

Nice, you guys just made my day. Ive always just been a deer hunter, just took up coyote at the end of last year so just always assumed bow only during archery season, but after seeing that post i checked the regs, didnt see anywhere where it said you couldnt, then saw your replies including the one bout bird hunters which i didnt even think about that and all of a sudden my day got much brighter....so with that i say thank you. So rifles are ok too till dec 1st?

Originally Posted By: MikeyT'sNice, you guys just made my day. Ive always just been a deer hunter, just took up coyote at the end of last year so just always assumed bow only during archery season, but after seeing that post i checked the regs, didnt see anywhere where it said you couldnt, then saw your replies including the one bout bird hunters which i didnt even think about that and all of a sudden my day got much brighter....so with that i say thank you. So rifles are ok too till dec 1st?

You could use a .50cal sniper rifle if you wanted...restricted to .22lr at night. Your probably better off with just the shotgun unless you plan on watching over fields.

Locksmith,you are the man! Great job,and picture,way to get it done!!

Mikey,during deer archery you can use rifle or shotgun...

During the deer gun season you can only use shotgun,you must where orange and you can not call...

I take a breather, scout secure my gear and rest,to many people in the woods during deer gun season that are not hunting to my safety standards...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTELocksmith,you are the man! Great job,and picture,way to get it done!!

Mikey,during deer archery you can use rifle or shotgun...

During the deer gun season you can only use shotgun,you must where orange and you can not call...

I take a breather, scout secure my gear and rest,to many people in the woods during deer gun season that are not hunting to my safety standards...

Thanks dude! Totally agree with you on the deer gun season but my addiction gets the best of me and I'm out there anyways

About 9:00am this morning after playing "Lightning Jack" for only 4 minutes this coyote came trotting down the hill trying to circle downwind. My first shot missed then it ran in front of me, but my second shot stopped her cold. She was 11 paces from where I was sitting. Checked in at 36lbs and was in good condition. Rem. R-15, 60gr. V-Max HPR's.

coyote111--13--14004_zps7c3804bb.jpg

Originally Posted By: duckstopperAbout 9:00am this morning after playing "Lightning Jack" for only 4 minutes this coyote came trotting down the hill trying to circle downwind. My first shot missed then it ran in front of me, but my second shot stopped her cold. She was 11 paces from where I was sitting. Checked in at 36lbs and was in good condition. Rem. R-15, 60gr. V-Max HPR's.

coyote111--13--14004_zps7c3804bb.jpg

Great job,Stopper!!
I to use the R-15 as my calling rifle,when I die its going with me..
blush.gif

Back