Fellow Massachusetts hunters

Only squirrels and snowmobilers. Gonna check my baitpile tomorrow, hoping they found it but its probally buried right now under snow

Yup can't wait to get to my #2 best spot. Be ready at first light to send 1 at them! We have a foot of quiet walking snow and haven't been there all year since wind has been wrong. We hit up #1 last weekend and I took one clean off its feet and had minimum blood for first 200yds then dried up and never recovered it so thinking the shock got it more then the vmax. Very disappointing since it was on the bigger sized dog. Oh well, guess it is what it is so back at it again. Good luck

Battled the minus 5 temp today. Shot a 35 lb female coming off a mountain to a field. She was walking right down a nicely packed trail that some snowshoers laid down. 100 yd shot head on to the neck 110 grain Hornady TAP ammo 308. Silver dollar size entry, and no exit. Bang flop. I'm getting to old for this cold weather hunting
smile.gif
good ole win model 70 heavy varmint. It's a coyote death hammer combo

Mark

Nice looking dog. What did she respond to? We hit our spots today but no excitement this trip out, however I did have problems with my cs24c and blackjack combo. Twice during calling I believe the blackjack made an alarm sounding noise threw the caller. That noise only happened one time but at both sets. It was a high pitch "alarm" sound. Has anybody had that happened?

She came into a rabbit distress call. My fox pro remote was not liking the cold. I have to send it back after the season.

Mine is brand new and this was the first trip out with it and to have a problem out the first time isn't a good sign. I'll have to play around with it some more to see if it had to do with the cold or there's something going on with it. I see your location says western mass. Where about? I'm in northern berkshire area

North adams here. Can honestly say I've never been through your area that I'm aware of and were over that way quite often fishing Barton's cove and what not during tournament season

My brother inlaw lives in North Adams. I've been meaning to go to Pete's gun shop in Adams someday. I heard its a good shop

Nice place for sure. Depending on when they went or are going to a gun show depends on inventory. Before they go the shelves are full and MoST of the time, after it takes a lil bit before you start to see new stuff, they move stock very quick there so shelves are always reloading. Who's the brother in law I might know him

Anyone heading out tomorrow? This last snows going to make getting around tough but I saw plenty of sign of them moving after the last big storm

Ill be out in the morning, me, my gf, and some buddies are gonna clear out a spot by the swift river tomorrow afternoon and build a fire and boil some lobsters and steamers.....couldnt turn that down, not even for coyote hunting. But im gonna keep all the shells and whatnot to throw on my baitpile. Finally called in my first pair of coyotes the other day, which i was stoked about, especially since not seeing any sign anywhere since the storm. They came in hard so i think they were pretty hungry. I also was using the foxpro sp-rf1 external speaker that came in the nite b4, attached to my wildfire 2. Tell ya what, that speaker sounds [beeep] good, cant wait till next season when i have my shockwave which will be able to push that speaker alot better then my wildfire does

Another Mass guy checking in. I live in Freetown, but frequently hunt in Westport. Nice to see I am not the only dog killer in this backward State.

Originally Posted By: jon mathAnother Mass guy checking in. I live in Freetown, but frequently hunt in Westport. Nice to see I am not the only dog killer in this backward State.
Welcome. There aren't too many of us.

Anyone get a cat this year?

Originally Posted By: masshunterCalled in one cat in Oct. They seem to have a calendar.

I've only seen one cat from MA this year and my taxidermist had it

Back